Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post


EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the NFC North today, along with a few more player ratings.

Green Bay Packers (90 OVR)

Offense
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Jordy Nelson (93 OVR)
  • Randall Cobb (91 OVR)
  • Eddie Lacy (90 OVR)
  • Josh Sitton (97 OVR)
  • T. J. Lang (92 OVR)
Defense
  • Clay Matthews (90 OVR)
  • Julius Peppers (88 OVR)
  • Casey Heyward (85 OVR)
  • Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (81 OVR)
Detroit Lions (83 OVR)

Offense
  • Matthew Stafford (84 OVR)
  • Joique Bell (80 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Golden Tate (88 OVR)
Defense
  • Haloti Ngata (92 OVR)
  • DeAndre Levy (93 OVR)
  • Glover Quin (90 OVR)
  • Stephen Tulloch (87 OVR)
  • Ezekiel Ansah (88 OVR)
Minnesota Vikings (77 OVR)

Offense
  • Adrian Peterson (95 OVR)
  • Mike Wallace (86 OVR)
  • Cordarrelle Patterson (73 OVR/90 SPD)
  • Teddy Bridgewater (82 OVR)
Defense
  • Harrison Smith (93 OVR)
  • Xavier Rhodes (86 OVR)
  • Robert Blanton (86 OVR)
  • Everson Griffen (89 OVR)
  • Sharrif Floyd (87 OVR)
Chicago Bears (75 OVR)

Offense
  • Jay Cutler (79 OVR)
  • Martellus Bennett (90 OVR)
  • Alshon Jeffery (90 OVR)
  • Kevin White (78 OVR)
  • Matt Forte (90 OVR)
Defense
  • Pernell McPhee (87 OVR)
  • Jared Allen (79 OVR)
  • Kyle Fuller (78 OVR)
  • Jon Bostic (75 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 23 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The JareBear @ 08/08/15 02:55 PM
So Amari Cooper, Melvin Gordon, and Todd Gurley are faster than Cordarrelle Patterson

Man I just don't get the ratings so far this year. It is not that I have a problem with speed being lower. I like that. It is that the way some guys are rated, in general, compared to others seems really weird to me.

Oh well.
 
# 2 Equinox831 @ 08/08/15 02:58 PM
I gotta say, some of the ratings seem a little too high. All of the team ratings are fine, but Julius Peppers at an 88? What year is it? Golden Tate at 88 is also a bit too high even if he did have a solid year last season. Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery both shouldn't be a 90 either, as well as Pernell McPhee coming in at 87. The ratings this year are just so damn weird.
 
# 3 sir psycho @ 08/08/15 02:59 PM
Anyone else think it's weird that for the team ratings, every single player has just been OVR, and then they show Cordarelle Patterson's OVR and Speed?
 
# 4 redsox4evur @ 08/08/15 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I gotta say, some of the ratings seem a little too high. All of the team ratings are fine, but Julius Peppers at an 88? What year is it? Golden Tate at 88 is also a bit too high even if he did have a solid year last season. Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery both shouldn't be a 90 either, as well as Pernell McPhee coming in at 87. The ratings this year are just so damn weird.
I agree with Bennett but Jeffery is definitely worthy of a 90. He is a top 10 receiver. And he has put up big numbers the last couple of years.
 
# 5 HypoLuxa13 @ 08/08/15 03:06 PM
As a Bear's fan, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they won't be much better in real life than they are in the game. Unless Cutler quits turning the ball over, then they have a chance to be average.
 
# 6 Equinox831 @ 08/08/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I agree with Bennett but Jeffery is definitely worthy of a 90. He is a top 10 receiver. And he has put up big numbers the last couple of years.
Oh there's no doubt that he's one hell of a receiver, but for whatever reason I personally feel like he should be in the 85-87 range. Incredible size and an awesome red zone threat, but he hasn't proven that he can put up similar numbers without having another great receiver on the other side. That doesn't negate his natural talent, but it should be interesting to see how he performs when defenses key in on him. I'd love for him to play up to his rating during the actual NFL season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that 90 drop a bit in roster updates.
 
# 7 georgiafan @ 08/08/15 03:51 PM
So here are the team overall ratings we know so far

Pats 91
Packers 90
Broncos 89
Colts 87
Cowboys 86
Ravens 85
Steelers 84
Bengals 84
Eagles 84
Lions 83
Chiefs 82
Chargers 82
Dolphins 81
Texans 79
Bills 79
Vikings 77
Giants 77
Jets 76
Browns 75
Bears 75
Redskins 75
Raiders 74
Jags 73
Titans 72
 
# 8 Mauer4MVP @ 08/08/15 04:28 PM
Lions are a bit too high but oh well. Vikings could easily finish 2nd in the division.
 
# 9 gr18 @ 08/08/15 04:54 PM
I know they want to make the Patriots the highest rated because they won the big game but by the off season loses they had,the Packers and Seahawks should be higher.A few of the other teams are debatable.

I believe this is also the reason some players are/have been rated how they are.They have the team overall in mind and manipulate a few ratings to get to it.
 
# 10 D13 @ 08/08/15 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Oh there's no doubt that he's one hell of a receiver, but for whatever reason I personally feel like he should be in the 85-87 range. Incredible size and an awesome red zone threat, but he hasn't proven that he can put up similar numbers without having another great receiver on the other side. That doesn't negate his natural talent, but it should be interesting to see how he performs when defenses key in on him. I'd love for him to play up to his rating during the actual NFL season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that 90 drop a bit in roster updates.
This is going to be his 1st year he's gonna have that opportunity...


it isn't his fault the FO traded for BMarsh.
 
# 11 Equinox831 @ 08/08/15 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
This is going to be his 1st year he's gonna have that opportunity...


it isn't his fault the FO traded for BMarsh.
That's what I'm saying.. I still think he's a good wide out, but the jury is still out on him. Unless Kevin White, Marquess Wilson, or Eddie Royal steps up Jeffery could have a tougher year. He'll get double teamed pretty consistently this year, but the brightside is that should open up more opportunities for Forte out the backfield and Martellus over the middle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
# 12 KOYO78 @ 08/08/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I agree with Bennett but Jeffery is definitely worthy of a 90. He is a top 10 receiver. And he has put up big numbers the last couple of years.
Bennett was a PRO-Bowler last year. Hell with no 90 rated player on the Bears defense the offense will need to pull a lot of the weight. Wonder now what the rated Lamarr Houston coming off the ACL injury.
 
# 13 KOYO78 @ 08/08/15 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
As a Bear's fan, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they won't be much better in real life than they are in the game. Unless Cutler quits turning the ball over, then they have a chance to be average.
Yea my jaw dropped when this came out. I'm going to struggle with this defense... Pernell McPhee (87 OVR) appears to be the top rated player on defense SMH. Well I know online nobody will be fighting over for the BEARS...lol
 
# 14 redsox4evur @ 08/08/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOYO78
Bennett was a PRO-Bowler last year. Hell with no 90 rated player on the Bears defense the offense will need to pull a lot of the weight. Wonder now what the rated Lamarr Houston coming off the ACL injury.
Cool he is a fan favorite. I don't care about Pro Bowl Voting because it's a popularity contest and most of the best players don't play in the game. Hell 2 of the top QBs, FSs, CBs, and the top SS, TE in the game didn't make the game last year.
 
# 15 D13 @ 08/08/15 06:18 PM
My Bears...

 
# 16 KOYO78 @ 08/08/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
My Bears...

The wins are going to be more gratifying online this year that's for sure. Well I know online nobody will be fighting over for the BEARS...lol
 
# 17 fmw32 @ 08/08/15 07:02 PM
Why is Jared Allen a 79 that doesn't make sense at all

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
 
# 18 Quickondastickz @ 08/08/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I gotta say, some of the ratings seem a little too high. All of the team ratings are fine, but Julius Peppers at an 88? What year is it? Golden Tate at 88 is also a bit too high even if he did have a solid year last season. Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery both shouldn't be a 90 either, as well as Pernell McPhee coming in at 87. The ratings this year are just so damn weird.
I think it's fine, he had 7 sacks, 2 picks, 2 TDs, 4 forced fumbles.
 
# 19 KOYO78 @ 08/08/15 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Cool he is a fan favorite. I don't care about Pro Bowl Voting because it's a popularity contest and most of the best players don't play in the game. Hell 2 of the top QBs, FSs, CBs, and the top SS, TE in the game didn't make the game last year.
NFL PRO-Bowl is unlike the NBA stats actually matter:

Bennett finished last season ranking first in catches (90), third in yards (916) and tied for seventh in touchdown receptions (sixth) amongst NFL tight ends. He was second on the team in catches behind only Matt Forte (102).

His 90 catches are the most ever by a Chicago tight end in a single season.

At 6-foot-6, 265 pounds, Bennett is extremely difficult to tackle in the open field. A total of 478 of Bennett's 916 total receiving yards occurred after contact, the third highest total of any tight end in the league in 2014.

**** 90 Rating is well deserved ***** BUT that defense though...!!!!
 
# 20 The JareBear @ 08/08/15 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickondastickz
I think it's fine, he had 7 sacks, 2 picks, 2 TDs, 4 forced fumbles.
My only thing is Demarcus Ware had 10 sacks, 1 int, and 2 FF and is considerably lower (think he's an 83)
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.