03:55 AM - August 5, 2015 by MMChrisS
FIFA 16 is getting some new toys in Career mode, including two highly requested features: Pre-Season Tournaments as well as Player Training.
You'll no longer simply skip through the summer months, now you'll have the opportunity to play in three out of a possible nine tournaments played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America. Just as with real clubs, these matches will allow you to work on tactics and line-ups.
As an added bonus, each tournament has a prize purse you can win and add to your transfer budget. If you are a small squad, you can imagine how this can help.
You'll now be able to train your squad via mini-games to increase player attributes and boost player development. You'll be able to train up to five squad players each week.
Story of the Season
The story elements to your season will be highlighted this year -- including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, as well as transfer rumors. These will be presented in-game with commentary and graphical overlays.
A Few Other Big Additions
- You can now sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
- Scouting reports are now available for an entire year.
- Transfer budgets are more realistic, and any overages transfer to your next year.
- Short loans are now six months instead of three, and there's also an option for two-year loans.
- Unlimited subs during friendlies.
- More realistic number of 'high-profile' moves in the transfer window.
- Improved transfer market player values.
See more screenshots from FIFA 16's Career Mode.