03:29 AM - August 5, 2015 by MMChrisS
EA pulled the curtain back a little bit more on Need for Speed at E3, with some big news hitting during their GamesCom Press Conference.
Need for Speed introduces five real world automotive icons: Magnus Walker, Ken Block, Nakai-san, Risky Devil, and Morohoshi-san.
Each icon is inspired by one of the five ways you play in the game: Speed, style, build, crew, and outlaw. The game will feature seamless live-action storytelling using real-time compositing. This will allow you go from live action sequences directly into gameplay without any delay.
- Speed Icon - Magnus Walker collects and restores classic Porsche 911s. He is known for his high speed driving and will push you to enhance your reputation through adrenaline-fuelled driving.
- Style Icon - Ken Block is notorious for his style of aggressive driving, as he showcases in his phenomenal YouTube GYMKHANA series. Earn his recognition by mastering the art of precision sliding and jumping through corners and on the streets.
- Build Icon - Nakai-san is the founder of RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF (RWB), a world renowned tuning and customizing company. Focus on creating that perfect customized ride as you look to impress him.
- Crew Icon - Risky Devil are an infamous drift crew. These guys are the kings of close proximity driving and control. Ride in packs, inches away from wiping each other out as you get to grips with precise control and wild drift trains.
- Outlaw Icon - Morohoshi-san doesn’t care how people categorize him, he just does what he wants. He’s often seen on the night streets rolling around in his customized ride. Risk it all as you mess with and escape from the cops to grab his attention.
Also announced is that the BMW M3 E46 returns to the series, with owners of the digital deluxe edition gaining instant access to it.
Need for Speed launches on November 3 on PS4, XB1, and PC.
We just uploaded several new Need for Speed screenshots here.