Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post



Diamond Dynasty has been a huge hit on Operation Sports this year, and I'm one of the many who has been sucked in by the mode. It's a more streamlined approach to the fantasy team concept, and taking the more straightforward approach has worked in Sony's favor. However, improvements can always be made to any mode, and so that's what we'll take a look at in this video.

If you can't see the video above, click here.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 misterkrabz @ 07/28/15 02:35 PM
Would like to see:

Expand Stat Tracking (team and player)
Allow for multiple lineups and multiple teams
Would also add the ability to join a DD tournament...have like an 8 or 16 team brackets where you win and advance, lose and you're out. Having better pay outs the further you advance.

I love the "Fan Duel" team building concept...would absolutely love that, it's an awesome idea. That would encourage you to keep player cards and change your play style from game to game. It would get you away from having to play a roster full of hall of famers.
 
# 2 ChaseB @ 07/28/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Would like to see:

Expand Stat Tracking (team and player)
Allow for multiple lineups and multiple teams
Would also add the ability to join a DD tournament...have like an 8 or 16 team brackets where you win and advance, lose and you're out. Having better pay outs the further you advance.

I love the "Fan Duel" team building concept...would absolutely love that, it's an awesome idea. That would encourage you to keep player cards and change your play style from game to game. It would get you away from having to play a roster full of hall of famers.
The stat tracking one is a really good one to me. It's weird you can really only see the "in-depth" player stats for guys on your team within a game and not in the menus.
 
# 3 cnemergut @ 07/30/15 05:16 PM
I'd like to see Community Challenges disappear and instead just give people more stubs for a win in the random h2h matchups. Maybe even have a tier system where you get more stubs based on the rating/division of your opponent. I feel like this would put more emphasis on actually playing the game and "winning"
 
# 4 kackle85 @ 07/31/15 09:01 AM
It needs to be harder to obtain Gold and Platinum cards. It gets boring playing against teams with the same lineups of 95 + rated stars and legends.
 
# 5 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnemergut
I'd like to see Community Challenges disappear and instead just give people more stubs for a win in the random h2h matchups. Maybe even have a tier system where you get more stubs based on the rating/division of your opponent. I feel like this would put more emphasis on actually playing the game and "winning"
They have already gotten rid of the good community challenges yesterday morning. And I disagree with that. It's not like it's causing prices to skyrocket because guys could get a ton of stubs from doing these challenges. You would only get like 5 or 600 stubs for doing a challenge completely (99 attempts) if you had some collections completed.
 
# 6 HeavySaucer @ 07/31/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
They have already gotten rid of the good community challenges yesterday morning. And I disagree with that. It's not like it's causing prices to skyrocket because guys could get a ton of stubs from doing these challenges. You would only get like 5 or 600 stubs for doing a challenge completely (99 attempts) if you had some collections completed.
People were getting more than that for the community challenges. With about 20 collections completed, I was getting about 2,000 stubs and 10 cards for going 2/3 of the way through a triple play challenge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
 
# 7 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavySaucer
People were getting more than that for the community challenges. With about 20 collections completed, I was getting about 2,000 stubs and 10 cards for going 2/3 of the way through a triple play challenge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Still it's not like it's destroying the market and inflating the prices of all the top guys like Trout, Williams, etc. I don't see the problem with it honestly. And most of the time the cards are crap anyways unless you are just starting out.
 
# 8 ChaseB @ 07/31/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Still it's not like it's destroying the market and inflating the prices of all the top guys like Trout, Williams, etc. I don't see the problem with it honestly. And most of the time the cards are crap anyways unless you are just starting out.
The market is resilient regardless (and it would deflate prices more than inflate them). I think the bigger issue is more just the sheer number of cards that get grabbed via these methods. If you're getting roughly 2,000 Stubs and 10 cards each time, that's a ton of stuff to get in just 15 minutes.
 
# 9 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
The market is resilient regardless (and it would deflate prices more than inflate them). I think the bigger issue is more just the sheer number of cards that get grabbed via these methods. If you're getting roughly 2,000 Stubs and 10 cards each time, that's a ton of stuff to get in just 15 minutes.
Yea that's true, you get a lot of cards. But they are not good cards. I have done these challenges like 50 times and only got a diamond glove and then some decent silvers and the rest bronzes and commons.
 
# 10 ChaseB @ 07/31/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's true, you get a lot of cards. But they are not good cards. I have done these challenges like 50 times and only got a diamond glove and then some decent silvers and the rest bronzes and commons.
I mean there are plenty of cases of good cards being found as well. I think what I would ask then is if you get such crap, why keep doing it anyway?
 
# 11 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I mean there are plenty of cases of good cards being found as well. I think what I would ask then is if you get such crap, why keep doing it anyway?
TBH the stubs because I just started playing a week ago and the crap cards are somewhat helping me complete the collections. And I haven't started to flip cards because I don't know what cards should I take my chances on.
 
# 12 ChaseB @ 07/31/15 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
TBH the stubs because I just started playing a week ago and the crap cards are somewhat helping me complete the collections. And I haven't started to flip cards because I don't know what cards should I take my chances on.
Fair enough, thanks for the back and forth! Also I'm probably put out a Marketplace video in the not too distant future so maybe that will help you out.
 
# 13 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Fair enough, thanks for the back and forth! Also I'm probably put out a Marketplace video in the not too distant future so maybe that will help you out.
Yea it definitely would. Also I hate that you can't sell the guys you used to complete a collection. I understand the legends because that would overpopulate the market. Because I finished the Rockies collection and have no use for CarGo now and could make a decent profit from him.
 
# 14 ChaseB @ 07/31/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea it definitely would. Also I hate that you can't sell the guys you used to complete a collection. I understand the legends because that would overpopulate the market. Because I finished the Rockies collection and have no use for CarGo now and could make a decent profit from him.
I feel like though you have to lock those guys in Collections, otherwise what was the point of spending the Stubs and so on to get the Legend? You could just then turn around and get all your Stubs back and go right in to the next Collection with now the "best" card already at your disposal in the form of the Legend. It would make finishing all Collections mostly easy, and since Collections is really the only long-term goal, it would sort of hurt that aspect of things.
 
# 15 redsox4evur @ 07/31/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I feel like though you have to lock those guys in Collections, otherwise what was the point of spending the Stubs and so on to get the Legend? You could just then turn around and get all your Stubs back and go right in to the next Collection with now the "best" card already at your disposal in the form of the Legend. It would make finishing all Collections mostly easy, and since Collections is really the only long-term goal, it would sort of hurt that aspect of things.
Yea that's true I guess. I don't play the other games' modes like this because I hate the contract aspect to it. But are the other games like this? Where you when you finish a collection you can't sell off all of the guys in the collection to try and get your money back.
 
# 16 BlessingSpore72 @ 07/31/15 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's true I guess. I don't play the other games' modes like this because I hate the contract aspect to it. But are the other games like this? Where you when you finish a collection you can't sell off all of the guys in the collection to try and get your money back.
In NHL and NBA you can sell the cards back. But i find them way harder to flip for a profit. 2k is the hardest i find out of the games to flip bc they have a criminal 15% tax. In HUT you only get packs for collections and you cant sell those cards from the packs. And some of those teams are crazy hard to collect bc some cards used to cost 1 million coins. I havent played HUT in quite a few months though
 
# 17 cnemergut @ 08/02/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Still it's not like it's destroying the market and inflating the prices of all the top guys like Trout, Williams, etc. I don't see the problem with it honestly. And most of the time the cards are crap anyways unless you are just starting out.
It's not really the market i'm worried about I would just like winning games to mean more. Right now regardless of whether you win or lose you're still going to get cards at the end of the game and a low amount of stubs. if you're going to give 2000 stubs just for completing a 15 min challenge why can't you just give 1000-2000 stubs for winning a 30 min actual game in the mode? I guess the community challenges can stay but I would much rather have actually playing and winning the mode mean more than playing a simple challenge that requires nothing but time.
 
# 18 redsox4evur @ 08/02/15 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnemergut
It's not really the market i'm worried about I would just like winning games to mean more. Right now regardless of whether you win or lose you're still going to get cards at the end of the game and a low amount of stubs. if you're going to give 2000 stubs just for completing a 15 min challenge why can't you just give 1000-2000 stubs for winning a 30 min actual game in the mode? I guess the community challenges can stay but I would much rather have actually playing and winning the mode mean more than playing a simple challenge that requires nothing but time.
Yea that's true and I agree with you. I am mildly disappointed that you only get 1 card for playing a game. I think it should be between 1 and 5 depending margin of victory and difficulty level.
 
# 19 ChaseB @ 08/02/15 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's true and I agree with you. I am mildly disappointed that you only get 1 card for playing a game. I think it should be between 1 and 5 depending margin of victory and difficulty level.
The more Collections you complete the more cards you get after games. I think after a win I generally get 5 or 6 cards -- but I have every Collection done.

(It's this way because the cards you get per game are strictly tied to XP so the more XP you earn, the more cards you will get. And you get a percentage XP boost based on every Collection you complete -- it tells you 5% increase for finishing a Collection and those stack on each other.)
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.