Home
NHL 16 News Post



Along with the NHL 16 EASHL beta news earlier today, EA Sports has released a video looking at the skater and goalie customization. Player will have access to over 200 new facial models, growing beards, authentic equipment, color customization and more.

They also released some details on NHL 16 EASHL Online Seasons, an online team-vs-team mode.

Quote:
Win games with your team to advance to higher divisions to face other teams who match your skill level. Losses will push your team down to a lower division.

There are 10 different divisions that are available for every skill level. Regardless if your team consists of new EASHL players or returning veterans, there will be a division for you and your team that offers a competitive and fun gameplay experience.

Take part in monthly divisional playoffs with the chance to crown your team league champions.

Source - EASHL Customization, Online Seasons

NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Beelzebot44 @ 07/22/15 02:23 PM
Looks good overall, but why can't we do custom color on the masks? I always end up with a mask that doesn't match the rest of my color scheme.
 
# 2 Rattler17 @ 07/22/15 02:28 PM
That is literally the EXACT same customizing options as every other year with regards to equipment. Nothing at all has changed with goalies in the least. Leads me to believe its another year of user controlled goalies being terrible and completely incapable.... so sad
 
# 3 tangomike88 @ 07/22/15 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
That is literally the EXACT same customizing options as every other year with regards to equipment. Nothing at all has changed with goalies in the least. Leads me to believe its another year of user controlled goalies being terrible and completely incapable.... so sad
I will assume you skipped the first minute of this video. Player customization has so much more now including tape, beards, lace color, tape jobs, skate guards and more. None of the past NHL games had anything close to this. Goalies did not change much but you can only add so much as a goalie.
 
# 4 KrossRoad @ 07/22/15 05:59 PM
EA Gameface.

Once again, left out of the NHL series. I really want to know their reasoning for this. I like how I look in FIFA!
 
# 5 miguelitoKache @ 07/22/15 08:05 PM
I really wish that EA can Make this Mode happend for the Nba Live Series it would be one of best mode ever if they do it the right way..
 
# 6 SinisterAlex @ 07/22/15 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrossRoad
EA Gameface.

Once again, left out of the NHL series. I really want to know their reasoning for this. I like how I look in FIFA!
Because EA Gameface is horrible IMO, at least when I tried to use it in FIFA. They look worse than the pre made faces. I'm glad it's not in.
 
# 7 JimmyDeicide @ 07/22/15 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrossRoad
EA Gameface.

Once again, left out of the NHL series. I really want to know their reasoning for this. I like how I look in FIFA!
Gay purple affro?
 
# 8 NC12 @ 07/22/15 09:40 PM
Anyone know if there will be more than two types of visors this year, ie Crosby's?
 
# 9 enright6 @ 07/23/15 12:00 AM
really wish they would come up with some new goalie mask designs. each team has had the same 2 for how many years straight now. and they are so generic and blah looking. May sound silly but i think all the unique makes these guys have made in real life are awesome and id love to see EA come up with some better ones. I know they cant use guys actual designs but cmon...the ones in the game now are boring.
 
# 10 willyfantastic @ 07/23/15 02:39 AM
it looked to me like you could pick a premade face and haircut together, but you couldnt pick a face and then a haircut separately?
 
# 11 tangomike88 @ 07/23/15 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
Anyone know if there will be more than two types of visors this year, ie Crosby's?
No, they have three types of visors. Jagr looking visor the Ovechkin looking visor and the Malkin looking visor. Crosby uses the oakley smaller visor which was not added I'm assuming due to using Nike Bauer products.
 
# 12 no1xdraftpck @ 07/23/15 01:04 PM
For people commenting on the eagame face feature not being there.. isn't it only for your viewing pleasures anyways? For example, I cant see my teammates actual face right?
 
# 13 Beelzebot44 @ 07/23/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1xdraftpck
For people commenting on the eagame face feature not being there.. isn't it only for your viewing pleasures anyways? For example, I cant see my teammates actual face right?
When I'm playing BAP and score a goal, seeing my actual face on the player model in the cut scene and replay adds a million percent to the immersion.
 
# 14 ericromain @ 07/23/15 06:01 PM
Adding ear guards, skate guards, tape style is great and long overdue.

Things like being able to choose any color skate chassis/lace/tape is fine, and will add a bit of authenticity for a lot of players, but most NHL players use black/white chassis, black/white tape, white/yellow laces. The other colors are just going to be for EASHL flamboyance, which I don't have a problem with since EASHL is more of a beer league than a pro league.

The facial hair options are much better. I hated a few years back when Parros' mustache looked pathetic in game.

It's clear they made personalization a priority this year, but i see opportunity deeper.
It'll be great now that the Crosby/Kane/Malkin types have their ear guards, along with the OHL/QMJHL/WHL guys, but they could have gone further:
- OHL players wear neck guards, kids creating themselves may want to have one too
- OHL style top-screwed visor, several NHL-worn visors are missing (Malkin/Crosby won't look right)
- The cage should be able to be added on all helmet models, not just the generic college helmet.
- EASHL should give you the option to go helmetless (why not, it's a fictional league)
- Hanson brother glasses would look nice in EASHL, perhaps too tacky?
- I'd like more vintage out of production equipment, like the defunct Cooper lids, skates, pads, etc.
- Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks.
 
# 15 Smutka @ 07/24/15 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
Adding ear guards, skate guards, tape style is great and long overdue.

Things like being able to choose any color skate chassis/lace/tape is fine, and will add a bit of authenticity for a lot of players, but most NHL players use black/white chassis, black/white tape, white/yellow laces. The other colors are just going to be for EASHL flamboyance, which I don't have a problem with since EASHL is more of a beer league than a pro league.

The facial hair options are much better. I hated a few years back when Parros' mustache looked pathetic in game.

It's clear they made personalization a priority this year, but i see opportunity deeper.
It'll be great now that the Crosby/Kane/Malkin types have their ear guards, along with the OHL/QMJHL/WHL guys, but they could have gone further:
- OHL players wear neck guards, kids creating themselves may want to have one too
- OHL style top-screwed visor, several NHL-worn visors are missing (Malkin/Crosby won't look right)
- The cage should be able to be added on all helmet models, not just the generic college helmet.
- EASHL should give you the option to go helmetless (why not, it's a fictional league)
- Hanson brother glasses would look nice in EASHL, perhaps too tacky?
- I'd like more vintage out of production equipment, like the defunct Cooper lids, skates, pads, etc.
- Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks.
Definitely! Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks is a must for this year. Even just to modify colors on those generic ones without any graphics added. Someone get the word out we still have time! Quote from easports website: "In NHL 16, you will have the ability to edit players from all 10 professional hockey leagues featured in-game. From there you can edit a players General Information, Appearance, Equipment, or Attributes. This feature is available in the NHL 16 main menu, Be a GM, Season and Playoff mode. As always we will continue to improve our game until the very last day of development and will make another announcement if additional features are added"
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.