05:37 PM - July 7, 2015 by Steve_OS
Rocket League is available now on PC (Steam) and PlayStation 4 for $19.99 or free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. The PlayStation 4 version weighs in at 1.4GB, with a larger 1.6GB release day patch to go along with it. PlayStation 4 users will also have exclusive access to Twisted Metal's own Sweet Tooth, as a playable vehicle. Check out the trailer here.
For those unaware of Rocket League, we played it at E3 and loved it. In short, it's a multiplayer-focused game where you play soccer with cars.
Here is something new from the PlayStation.Blog:
We have posted some more information about the game below.
A futuristic Sports-Action game, Rocket League, equips players with booster-rigged vehicles that can be crashed into balls for incredible goals or epic saves across multiple, highly-detailed arenas. Using an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions, Rocket League relies on mass and momentum to give players a complete sense of intuitive control in this unbelievable, high-octane re-imagining of association football.
- All-new Season Mode that allows players to enjoy a full single-player experience
- Extensive Battle-Car customizations with more than 10 billion possible combinations
- Unlockable items and vehicles, stat tracking, leaderboards, and more
- Addictive 8-player online action with a variety of different team sizes and configurations
- Amazing 2-, 3-, and 4-player splitscreen mode that can be played locally or taken online against other splitscreen players
- Broadcast-quality replays that allow you to fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena
- Competitive cross-platform gameplay with PlayStation®4 users
- Remote Play for PlayStation 4 users
- 1080p HD Video Output