Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TOmuch81 @ 07/06/15 12:20 PM
Wow....that was...ummm...interesting.
 
# 2 spike83 @ 07/06/15 12:54 PM
Sorry; after seeing everything released to date, I have no interest here. I'll stick to TW14. I'm still having fun with it and all the courses included. I also enjoy playing with the legends...
 
# 3 spidertour02 @ 07/06/15 01:12 PM
Egads. Just ... egads.
 
# 4 brandon27 @ 07/06/15 01:24 PM
Looks fantastic. Can't deny that.

Not even going to comment on the fantasy courses, we've beat that to death around here. Although it's funny that there's another golf title out there too that is 100% "fantasy courses".

Just remember guys... you don't have to play them. That seems to be the marketing approach here too with the "play your way" slogan they're using.

Excited to download that EA Access trial this week though. Knowing there's content updates coming, and a lot of negativity towards this game (or maybe it's just that way around here) I might hold off if the trial doesn't blow me away and wait for a sale. With the talk of content updates coming though, I'm not sure they'll discount it much if they're going to continue to provide content.
 
# 5 HenryClay1844 @ 07/06/15 01:38 PM
EA to everyone "just in case you thought otherwise video games are meant for children. PS. Golf is boring."

I'll keep my money on this one.
 
# 6 OnlookerDelay @ 07/06/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
EA to everyone "just in case you thought otherwise video games are meant for children. PS. Golf is boring."

I'll keep my money on this one.
Well you're making somebody's job at EA Sports much easier for them. Seriously though, I think they're fishing for the drive-by market with videos like this. The audience seeking a realistic golf game is going to more than likely have to discover it for themselves with this game (provided it's really there) or take the word of other trusted fellow travelers. It's obvious so far who they're pitching the game to.
 
# 7 HenryClay1844 @ 07/06/15 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Well thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to enter a forum and offer your substantive insights on a game based on a sport you find boring. That was truly magnanimous of you!
you completely misread my post. I was fake quoting EA as stating golf is boring and that they won't make a game for an adult audience.
 
# 8 OnlookerDelay @ 07/06/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
you completely misread my post. I was fake quoting EA as stating golf is boring and that they won't make a game for an adult audience.
Okay, I see what you did... I didn't pick up what you meant by EA to everyone... I'll go back and edit my response to something more fitting... Sorry about that!
 
# 9 Chairman7w @ 07/06/15 03:03 PM
 
# 10 jbd345 @ 07/06/15 03:09 PM
They could've done better....much better. I really hate how they've emphised the fantasy stuff in their marketing for this game. If you really enjoye the sport and the pga tour, you shouldn't need a battleship to peak your interest for a GOLF game.
 
# 11 pietasterp @ 07/06/15 04:47 PM
Does anyone else remember a long time ago (way back when) there used to be this illustrated book of "Most Impossible Golf Courses" or something to that effect, where they would take photographs of the Grand Canyon, for instance, and then hand draw in fairways and greens to make these "fantasy" courses? I feel like the developers of this game remember it, because some of those fantasy courses very much remind of what they did in that book (many decades ago...).
 
# 12 manny2012 @ 07/06/15 05:33 PM
I personally think the game looks incredible. I also don't mind that they are attempting to appeal to many different audiences. I love playing more of a simulation golf style but must admit that some of those fantasy games look pretty fun.

I'm still happy with my preorder, except ordering a day before seeing the Amazon prime deal....
 
# 13 kehlis @ 07/06/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Not even going to comment on the fantasy courses, we've beat that to death around here. Although it's funny that there's another golf title out there too that is 100% "fantasy courses".
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.


I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.
 
# 14 hawley088 @ 07/06/15 06:20 PM
you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"
 
# 15 manny2012 @ 07/06/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.


I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.

Emerald dragon is the name and I remember it well, kicked the crap out of me. I think the fantasy courses will be similar in challenge with RM PGA tour, at least hoping so.
 
# 16 pietasterp @ 07/06/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"
I think everyone gets that. I think the disagreement is surrounding whether that can be effectively executed or not...

Did you ever go to one of those "pan-Asian" restaurants, that have like sushi, chinese food, thai curry, etc. all in one place? While it's all sort of generally acceptable in a lowest-common-denominator kind of way, if you're a real chinese food afficiando or a hard-core sushi connoisseur, you probably aren't going to go to that restaurant. The reason is simple: they don't do any 1 thing particularly well, and if you're really in the mood for top-flight sushi, are you going to "generic pan-Asian restaurant", or are you going to "Masa"?
 
# 17 Diablo25 @ 07/06/15 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"
Exactly. Looking forward to Thursday.
 
# 18 jbd345 @ 07/06/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.


I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.
I'm interested in the fantasy courses to a point. I'm more annoyed on how they have been marketing this game, which has been horrible imo. It seems they are confused on what this game is supposed to be, a real licensed PGA tour game or a fantasy game like hot shots golf. Honestly if I saw that ad on TV for the first time and knew nothing else on what was in the game, I would've thougt it was a hot shots sequel, but with the PGA tour license.
 
# 19 oldman @ 07/06/15 08:02 PM
Everytime I think, I am for sure buying this game next Tuesday, I see a video like this. Sheesh.

I still think I am going to give this game a go but the fantasy stuff wears me out.
 
# 20 DivotMaker @ 07/06/15 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Everytime I think, I am for sure buying this game next Tuesday, I see a video like this. Sheesh.

I still think I am going to give this game a go but the fantasy stuff wears me out.
Then ignore it....
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.