Home
Project CARS 2 News Post


Out of nowhere, Slightly Mad Studios has just announced Project CARS 2, stating the game will have the largest track roster ever, widest variety of motorsports, co-op career mode and more.

But uh... What about the updates to Project CARS? You know, the game that just released 6 weeks ago?

The official Twitter account mentions Project CARS 2 will be worked on simultaneously, as the team continues to provide updates, features and content throughout 2015 and beyond for the recently released Project CARS.

With that said, some of the features are listed below. More information can be seen on the official website, along with five membership tiers for their crowdfunding platform. Those five tiers start at 50 ($79.14) and go up as high as 10,000 ($15,824.00).

PRO RACING. ANYTIME. ANYWHERE.

Building upon the huge success of Project CARS being one of the highest-rated and fastest-selling racing games of this generation, Project CARS 2 continues to expand, innovate, and dominate with...
  • THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy

Game: Project CARS 2Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 thaSLAB @ 06/22/15 02:11 PM
Uhhhhhh... WTF?!

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
 
# 2 JFo Is Live @ 06/22/15 02:17 PM
PC2 Outta nowhere!


Glad to see the excitement from SMS, though. Rallycross? Yes please! This looks like it's gonna be pretty revolutionary with so many racing types. I can dig it.
 
# 3 RunN1st @ 06/22/15 02:21 PM
Not sure the consumer feedback team is in touch with reality here. How do you address a game that needs patching still, release another version! Uh, no.
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 06/22/15 04:26 PM
Just updated the OP w/ more details, including the tier pricing... YIKES
 
# 5 canes21 @ 06/22/15 05:18 PM
Love PCars, but uhhhhhh....what?
 
# 6 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/22/15 05:33 PM
Damn! I don't know whether to be excited or pissed off lol. I just bought Project cars a month ago (which I love) & now I'm contemplating trading it in. Why invest time into it when it sounds like Project Cars 2 is the game we should be waiting for?
 
# 7 iLLWiLL @ 06/22/15 05:51 PM
I really like Project Cars for my PS4. But already PCars2? Can I get more exotic luxury cars for this game first, please? Go-carts were cool, but I can do without cars like the "Atom" and old-a** cars from the 80's & 90's. Give us a car listing on par with Driveclub, sheese...
 
# 8 iLLWiLL @ 06/22/15 05:58 PM
Seems like the people (buyers & supporters of PCars1) are voicing their opinions -- yikers. You can't just do your fanbase like this without some sort of backlash.
 
# 9 Sausage @ 06/22/15 06:22 PM
I disagree with all this anger and complaining; they haven't stopped supporting PC and will continue to do so. A portion of the SMS team is beginning work on the next edition.

All sports games and annual shooters do this. If you like the series and genre, you should be excited that the game is selling so well the next one can be planned for.
 
# 10 Sheen_O_Mack @ 06/22/15 06:24 PM
It doesn't list a release time frame, I doubt it'll come out in 16 (probably 17) but you never know.
 
# 11 canes21 @ 06/22/15 06:40 PM
Saw on the official forums it's slated for a 2017 release. They're aiming for 2 year cycles for the series. That's fine by me. Initially I thought it was going to be 2016 and didn't like the idea.

But every other year is perfectly fine by me.
 
# 12 DickDalewood @ 06/22/15 08:36 PM
So basically, Project CARS was the beta, and this will be the real game.
 
# 13 iLLWiLL @ 06/22/15 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I disagree with all this anger and complaining; they haven't stopped supporting PC and will continue to do so. A portion of the SMS team is beginning work on the next edition.

All sports games and annual shooters do this. If you like the series and genre, you should be excited that the game is selling so well the next one can be planned for.
If what people are stumbling across on message boards is true (that the game won't be out til 2017 or later), then the developers need to make that clear in their press release ... and they still have not. It's just bad PR, and it's completely tone-def to a community that has just purchased your game a mere 6 weeks ago.
 
# 14 pk500 @ 06/23/15 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
So basically, Project CARS was the beta, and this will be the real game.
This is truth if you've played the Xbox One version of Project Cars, which was released practically in beta.
 
# 15 Dazraz @ 06/23/15 04:15 AM
Io For me the biggest weakness in Project Cars is the lack of cars. No point introducing new disciplines then just throwing in a handful of cars to choose from. With it being announced that Forza 6 will include 450+ cars this issue will become even more of a concern if not addressed.
Despite the assurances I doubt we're going to see too much support or additional content for the existing game.
 
# 16 sallyfields @ 06/23/15 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Io For me the biggest weakness in Project Cars is the lack of cars. No point introducing new disciplines then just throwing in a handful of cars to choose from. With it being announced that Forza 6 will include 450+ cars this issue will become even more of a concern if not addressed.
Despite the assurances I doubt we're going to see too much support or additional content for the existing game.
While it would always be nice to see more cars (and we will), I feel a lot of people complaining about the car choices don't really understand what this game is trying to be. It's a racing game that is focused on actual motorsport and less about driving your favorite street cars like Forza or GT. This is the same reason you can't alter the vehicles with mods and upgrades or even paint your own designs. The sim-racing community that supported this project are mostly PC gamers that played older titles that were simply about the racing (rfactor, iracing, the modding communities for Papyrus' NASCAR title, etc) - not how many cars you can fit into your virtual garage and how you can pimp them out.

Once the oval racing/Indycar DLC comes out, I'll be happy. I'll play Forza if I want to mess around in that cool new sports car the guy down the street going through a mid-life crisis bought.
 
# 17 sallyfields @ 06/23/15 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
If what people are stumbling across on message boards is true (that the game won't be out til 2017 or later), then the developers need to make that clear in their press release ... and they still have not. It's just bad PR, and it's completely tone-def to a community that has just purchased your game a mere 6 weeks ago.
We already knew they were going to make another game after they decided not to include the rally stuff in Pcars and that was over a year ago. As others have said, it's pretty common for developers to begin work on the next title as soon as the first product hits the shelves.

Sure Pcars has it's problems, but SMS is still a business and as such they need to focus on their new products while continuing to support their already released ones.
 
# 18 pk500 @ 06/23/15 01:51 PM
It's highly unlikely I'll buy Project Cars 2 or any other SMS product considering the company released damn close to a beta product with the Xbox One version of Project Cars.

Combine that with the incredibly arrogant attitude shown by SMS Head Ian Bell and WMD investors disguised as moderators on the Project Cars board toward Xbox One customers helping to troubleshoot the countless bugs and vent a bit of frustration, and SMS is on my personal black list of development firms.

The problem with a crowd-funded game like Project Cars is that a megalomaniacal studio head like Bell is surrounded with acolytes who invested in the game, telling him and all consumers who will listen that the game is perfect even though it has more bugs than a No-Pest Strip hanging on a porch on a summer night.

The customer is always wrong in SMSWorld. That's an appalling attitude.
 
# 19 ILuvMN81 @ 06/23/15 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
It's highly unlikely I'll buy Project Cars 2 or any other SMS product considering the company released damn close to a beta product with the Xbox One version of Project Cars.

Combine that with the incredibly arrogant attitude shown by SMS Head Ian Bell and WMD investors disguised as moderators on the Project Cars board toward Xbox One customers helping to troubleshoot the countless bugs and vent a bit of frustration, and SMS is on my personal black list of development firms.

The problem with a crowd-funded game like Project Cars is that a megalomaniacal studio head like Bell is surrounded with acolytes who invested in the game, telling him and all consumers who will listen that the game is perfect even though it has more bugs than a No-Pest Strip hanging on a porch on a summer night.

The customer is always wrong in SMSWorld. That's an appalling attitude.
Thanks for sharing that opinion. No seriously, I mean it with no sarcasm intended. I've heard wonderful things about PCars and was planning on including it with my eventual XBone purchase (18 months and counting down!...probably) but knowing that PCars 2 is releasing so soon, PCars is a bug-fest that was designed by a bunch of out-of-touch egomaniacs combined with the fact that FM6 looks to be the best yet, maybe I'll pass.
 
# 20 bcruise @ 06/23/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Thanks for sharing that opinion. No seriously, I mean it with no sarcasm intended. I've heard wonderful things about PCars and was planning on including it with my eventual XBone purchase (18 months and counting down!...probably) but knowing that PCars 2 is releasing so soon, PCars is a bug-fest that was designed by a bunch of out-of-touch egomaniacs combined with the fact that FM6 looks to be the best yet, maybe I'll pass.
2017 is "soon"?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.