02:48 PM - June 16, 2015 by Steve_OS
EA Sports has just released another Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR trailer. This one shows off the Night Club Challenge mode, which breaks you free from the norm, to experience a totally new way to play golf in the dark, all while helping players tune their game. While the mode certainly won't be for everyone, it offers a rather unique way to play the game.
The mode features more than 170 quick and fun challenges, which include hitting targets, landing in buckets, exploding objects, rolling through gates, knocking down barrels, and steering through rings. It also includes over the top gameplay boosts, and various ways to unlock unique fantasy characters and courses.
A blog should be available shortly and we will update this post with a link.
UPDATE: Blog is available now.
Here are some of the boosts available.
- Rocket – Provides a lift to the ball to hit unreachable targets.
- Sticky – Use this to stop the ball from rolling, or stick to the ground like glue when it makes contact with the terrain.
- Remote Control - Take control and steer the ball left and right to avoid obstacles, fly through rings, and roll through croquet gates.
- Nitro - Gain extra distance on your shot.
- Nudge - Obstacle in the way? Use the Nudge to adjust the shot in mid-air or while rolling along the ground.
- Super Spin - Double the amount of spin on the ball, or backspin onto targets that are normally unreachable.
- Pause – Stop the ball in mid-air to time shots and hit moving targets or avoid pesky obstacles.
- Below Zero – Avoid bad lies by bouncing the ball off any type of terrain, including sand or even water.
- Anchor - Stop on a dime and drop straight down to the ground. Rotate your camera view in air to spot the target, then drop from the sky and slam down to the ground.