11:25 AM - June 15, 2015 by MMChrisS
The Microsoft Press Briefing for E3 kicks off at 9:30 PT, 12:30 ET. You can watch the briefing live above and we will also be providing relevant news and notes in the space below. Feel free to comment as you watch!
UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. It starts at roughly the 17:28 mark.
News from the Press Conference:
- Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is coming. 100 titles will be available by the fall, more coming later. You will not have to pay for any of this. If you have the disc, the console will download the game for you. In addition, it will conceivably be based on what digital games were purchased in the past. The one major caveat at this point seems to be it's up to the publishers to allow the title to be downloaded and played.
- A wireless "elite" controller was announced and will be released in the fall. See a pic of the new controller here.
- Madden will release on August 25, but you can play it on August 20 if you have EA Access.
- All EA games will be able to be played early via EA Access on Xbox One.
- All Xbox Live Gold members can play EA Access for free this week as well (titles include all the '15 sports titles).
- We just uploaded the Forza 6 E3 Gameplay Trailer. Watch it here.
- XBox Game Preview will allow users to play games from Independent Developers as they are being developed (Think: Steam Early Access). This program will have free trials for all games available before you buy so you can give the game a spin.[/url]
- Here is the full list of currently announced backwards compatible games for Xbox 360 to Xbox One. No Sports Games are on the list yet, but we know over 100 will be available.
- RC Pro-Am will be one of the games in the collection Rare is releasing on August 4.
- And that's a wrap! Not much sports gaming news, but lots of improvements coming to the Xbox One user experience is a huge plus!