Home
The Golf Club News Post


The much anticipated Spring update for The Golf Club has arrived and it weighs in at 2 GB.

The Spring update includes many fixes and additions. Also the highly anticipated Seasons Mode, as well as the new Tropical Theme will be part of a premium DLC package which has yet to find its way live, but we'll update when it does. Both of those items are premium features which will cost you $10 to unlock.

UPDATE: The DLC is coming June 11th for PlayStation 4.

In addition to both of those features, there are several other big additions:
  • Cart Paths added
  • Out of Bounds now in the game
  • Drop Balls
  • Unplayable Lies
  • Weather Effects via course creator
  • Ability to view other users profiles
  • Better Camera controls on Mouse and Keyboard in course creator
  • Added a drive difficulty setting based off of drive loft
  • Loads more commentary – we want to keep it varied
    • Season Mode
    • Tours and Tournaments
    • More Variety

Bug Fixes
  • Crash on tour search screen
  • Balls getting stuck in objects like bridges, balcony’s, dumpsters
  • Overlapping text on Theme Select
  • Improved end of tour flow
  • X button favoring a un favoring courses
  • Flickering on settings screen fixed
  • Numerous Tour Creation Bugs
  • Ball appearing x50 bigger at the end of a round
  • Bad lie cheat fixed
  • Users Average Rounds and Average Ratings for current competitions not updating
  • Numerous flow fixes
  • Loads more

Be sure to download the update and let us know what you think! We'll have full impressions later this week!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 06/03/15 02:08 PM
I don't see the DLC in the store yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 2 detfan @ 06/03/15 02:12 PM
It'll probably be done through the game. I clicked on seasons and it says not available yet. So who knows.


Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
 
# 3 AnthonyKyne @ 06/03/15 02:38 PM
We're having a bit of problems getting the DLC on the store. It takes time to process apparently so it might be the 11th until it appears. The store work can unfortunately not be processed until the build has been passed and this takes a few days.
 
# 4 js380 @ 06/03/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
We're having a bit of problems getting the DLC on the store. It takes time to process apparently so it might be the 11th until it appears. The store work can unfortunately not be processed until the build has been passed and this takes a few days.
So whats the latest on the xbox 900p update ETA anthony? I can wait for the store dlc longer, but im reallly looking forward to trying 900p on xbox.
 
# 5 AnthonyKyne @ 06/03/15 03:26 PM
As soon as Microsoft pass it, I'll push it. I was talking to MS today about a question they had. It was all good at the moment, so I'm hoping to have it live in the next few days
 
# 6 ExtremeGamer @ 06/03/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
We're having a bit of problems getting the DLC on the store. It takes time to process apparently so it might be the 11th until it appears. The store work can unfortunately not be processed until the build has been passed and this takes a few days.

So still another week out then. From here on out updates should be the same for disc and digital?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 7 detfan @ 06/03/15 03:43 PM
Not even sure what the point of this update today was. The reason we've been excited was for season mode. So we have the update and still can't play what we wanted. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
 
# 8 Rules @ 06/03/15 07:28 PM
Just picked this up at Best Buy. Download update was just over 2 gig. Started my season mode immediately. Awesome game so far.
 
# 9 Silverfox91 @ 06/04/15 07:31 PM
Just got the notification for update. On the XB1. It's 3.9GB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 10 OnlookerDelay @ 06/04/15 10:18 PM
Yep, 900p is a bigger upgrade in appearance than I'd expected. OTOH, the problem courses I'd had in terms of frame rate before are still problems now. On some courses I'm having a harder time finding a swing speed that will produce a result. Courses like Gladstone Vale CC. and TPC @ Belmont... they look great (well, not great but better than before), but it feels like I'm trying to swing a club underwater when I'm playing them.

I'm anxious to read some opinions from gamers who've played this game exclusively on the XB1 though. I've played mostly on a PC, where I can play the game at very high detail levels and resolution at >40 FPS. I don't doubt that this has skewed my impressions of what I'm experiencing with the XB1.
 
# 11 DivotMaker @ 06/04/15 10:29 PM
The only thing that can save the Xbox version as well as improve the PS4 version is to update to the Unity 5 engine. However, when pressed on the possibility of this with Anthony on the HBS forums it did not sound like this was coming anytime soon, if ever....
 
# 12 Klocker @ 06/05/15 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yep, 900p is a bigger upgrade in appearance than I'd expected. OTOH, the problem courses I'd had in terms of frame rate before are still problems now. On some courses I'm having a harder time finding a swing speed that will produce a result. Courses like Gladstone Vale CC. andTPC @ Belmont... they look great, but it feels like I'm trying to swing a club underwater when I'm playing them.

I'm anxious to read some opinions from gamers who've played this game exclusively on the XB1 though. I've played mostly on a PC, where I can play the game at very high detail levels and resolution at >40 FPS. I don't doubt that this has skewed my impressions of what I'm experiencing with the XB1.
Wait I'm confused. I thought the 900p patch was already out and we were playing it? Or do you have an advance version and it has yet to arrive?

Thx
 
# 13 OnlookerDelay @ 06/05/15 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Wait I'm confused. I thought the 900p patch was already out and we were playing it? Or do you have an advance version and it has yet to arrive?

Thx
The "Spring Update" for the XB1 was actually placed online between 8:00 and 8:15 PM, EDT, on 6/4/15.
 
# 14 OnlookerDelay @ 06/05/15 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The only thing that can save the Xbox version as well as improve the PS4 version is to update to the Unity 5 engine. However, when pressed on the possibility of this with Anthony on the HBS forums it did not sound like this was coming anytime soon, if ever....
Yeah, I follow your thinking here... seems like the next step this game will have to take to realize its original design goals. I don't know how much more efficient Unity 5 is than Unity 4, in terms of numbers though. I know that Perfect Golf is now using Unity 5 and its performance has dropped about 15% on my system. However, the Unity 5 version of Perfect Golf is also using SpeedTree technology, to deliver 3D trees, whereas the Unity 4 trees were not. Even with Unity 5, and SpeedTree, Perfect Golf still outperforms The Golf Club by an average of 20%, overall on my system.

It would be a bigger re-write for The Golf Club to integrate Unity 5 from what I'm reading, since its fully invested in DirectX 11; therefore, I don't think we'd see Unity 5 in The Golf Club until 'The Golf Club 2' comes along.
 
# 15 brandon27 @ 06/05/15 08:43 AM
Noticed my XB1 was downloading an update for TGC this morning when I fired it up quickly.


I haven't played it in a while, the poor visuals on the XB1 ruin the experience for me, so needless to say I'm ready to get home (8 hours from now) and check it out to see if the 900p makes a noticeable difference for me. I'm hoping it does. Also, intrigued to check out the seasons mode as well.
 
# 16 Klocker @ 06/05/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The "Spring Update" for the XB1 was actually placed online between 8:00 and 8:15 PM, EDT, on 6/4/15.
Yes but the developer in this thread said that the 900p update was still in certification as of 6/4? Meaning not in this update?


Or am I misunderstanding?
 
# 17 OnlookerDelay @ 06/05/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Yes but the developer in this thread said that the 900p update was still in certification as of 6/4? Meaning not in this update?


Or am I misunderstanding?
It passed certification on the afternoon of the 4th. I don't think Anthony expected it that quick when he was posting yesterday morning.
 
# 18 Klocker @ 06/05/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
It passed certification on the afternoon of the 4th. I don't think Anthony expected it that quick when he was posting yesterday morning.
Sweet so this spring patch is 900?


Cool man thanak
 
# 19 jb12780 @ 06/05/15 12:19 PM
Not in the Xbox Store yet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
 
# 20 turbineseaplane @ 06/05/15 12:30 PM
Is there ever going to be a re-think of the short game?

The "lob" in TGC is the biggest cheat ever in a golf game. That should should NEVER be anywhere close to as easy as TGC makes it.

Also, the pop-up grid needs to go. At the very least there needs to be a cap on how much lofting/de-lofting you can even do to each club.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.