09:37 AM - May 27, 2015 by Steve_OS
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings is scheduled to arrive later this summer for Xbox One and PC (via Steam), check out the trailer here. It will include 2 brand new stadiums (see the screenshots here) and quite a few new features and improvements.
For PlayStation fans the new content will be coming in form of updates and/or free DLC. More details on that will come at a later time.
Read the full press release and new features below.
It’s time for Xbox One and Steam gamers to warm up in the on-deck circle as independent developer Metalhead Software announces it is bringing the award-winning baseball game Super Mega Baseball to the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program, and to PC via Steam, in the summer of 2015. The newest version of the game, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings, will feature a bevy of new content, including brand new stadiums, enhanced gameplay and improved baseball simulation.
“Right now there are few options for quality, accessible sports titles on the market, particularly when it comes to baseball games on the Xbox One and PC,” said Metalhead Co-founder Scott Drader. “We’re really looking to put this genre back on the map for more casual fans, especially the younger generation of gamers who haven’t had access to the types of games that were common during their parents’ generation. Games that could introduce a sport to the uninitiated and turn them into fans for life.”
Super Mega Baseball’s initial iteration was met with critical acclaim, garnering an 85 Metacritic score and “Sports Game of the Year” honors. The game has a unique Ego system, which offers a fine-grained control of difficulty on a per-user basis, that has been widely praised for its ability to level the playing field in cooperative and competitive modes. This system will push seasoned gamers to their limits while simultaneously providing a gentle introduction for beginners.
- Realistic Simulation and Physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of baseball are well represented and if someone isn’t familiar with the rules, they will be after playing Super Mega Baseball.
- Groundbreaking Difficulty System: Super Mega Baseball boasts an innovative difficulty control scheme called the Ego system. The Ego system offers a fine-grained control of difficulty on a per- user basis, which has been widely praised for leveling the playing field in cooperative and competitive modes. This system will push seasoned gamers to their limits while simultaneously providing a gentle introduction for beginners.
- Up-to Four Player Local Co-op Play: In addition to solo play, players can try their hand at head- to-head, 2v1, 2v2 and co-op against the CPU. In co-op mode, teammates alternate batting/running each time at-bat, and alternate pitching/fielding each inning, meaning ballplayers need to be on their toes every play. To even games, players can use the Ego system to set up a competitive game between friends of any skill level.
- Ultra Responsive and Blazing Fast Gameplay: Controls are easy to learn, but players will need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings and cut-off plays to properly dominate friends. Short load times and a streamlined interface means most of the time is spent in the action, with nine-inning games taking around 20 minutes to play.
- Leveling System: Players tally up Starpoints for hits, strikeouts and catches during each game and Level Up once they collect enough points. Players can hire staff to train and coach their squad, improving skill attributes such as Power and Speed. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than friends)!
- Full batting and pitching statistics: Comprehensive baseball statistics that ballplayers can use to show off their MVP-quality skills
- Player Customization: Customize the look and names of a team’s players to create a ragtag crew of family and friends. Make as many aesthetic adjustments as you can imagine!