Home
NHL 16 News Post


EA Sports has just announced they will reveal the full features set for NHL 16 on Tuesday, May 19th.

What are you expecting and/or hoping to hear about?

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dazraz @ 05/15/15 04:21 PM
Season Mode & I'll be happy.
 
# 2 chrisphil1724 @ 05/15/15 04:25 PM
Seems like all they are going to be able to do, at best, is copy and paste feature set from NHL 14.
 
# 3 Braker1319 @ 05/15/15 04:26 PM
At the very least, feature parity with last gen.
 
# 4 Penaltybox4ever @ 05/15/15 04:57 PM
Well, hopefully they put all cards on the table this time, after last year, more will be trying to call a bluff...

Even though Im atleast expecting same features as NHL14, Im hoping for some improvements also.
Atleast they will have low expectations and they cant make it worse than last year, can they? That would be a feat!
 
# 5 believeinnow @ 05/15/15 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braker1319
At the very least, feature parity with last gen.
It won't be feature parity, that's for sure. We won't see NHL 94 mode and probably no Winter Classic but the core modes: HUT, Be a Pro, EASHL, Couch Co-Op, etc... are almost certain. A lot of their Game Changers have been tweeting bits and pieces about 16, so hints are already out there.
 
# 6 statum71 @ 05/15/15 05:41 PM
If there's not a Season Mode it will prove that fan feedback is useless.
 
# 7 Arrowhead21 @ 05/15/15 05:52 PM
cough cough fantasy draft cough cough
 
# 8 Penaltybox4ever @ 05/15/15 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
It won't be feature parity, that's for sure. We won't see NHL 94 mode and probably no Winter Classic but the core modes: HUT, Be a Pro, EASHL, Couch Co-Op, etc... are almost certain. A lot of their Game Changers have been tweeting bits and pieces about 16, so hints are already out there.
Couldnt care less about modes like NHL 94 actually, but since NHL15 was missing most core modes I expect they are in and hopefully improved. If I see something like HUT improvements on 19th I will rage! The amount of attention in NHL15 on that mode should be enough for years to come.... but seems next shouldnt be called HUT16 so that leaves a shimmer of hope.
 
# 9 believeinnow @ 05/15/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaltybox4ever
Couldnt care less about modes like NHL 94 actually, but since NHL15 was missing most core modes I expect they are in and hopefully improved. If I see something like HUT improvements on 19th I will rage! The amount of attention in NHL15 on that mode should be enough for years to come.... but seems next shouldnt be called HUT16 so that leaves a shimmer of hope.
HUT isn't going away, the numbers are there at most NHL players play that mode, it was the case even on 360/PS3. I doubt everyone is going to be happy on the 19th but I am hopeful we get the core modes that were lacking in year one.
 
# 10 TDKing @ 05/15/15 06:37 PM
Are features the same as modes ? Lol... Hmmm. I'm thinking we are going to hear things like new and improved physics. New super duper deking, and for the first time ever in a hockey game the spin-o-rama move that kind of stuff.
 
# 11 Penaltybox4ever @ 05/15/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
HUT isn't going away, the numbers are there at most NHL players play that mode, it was the case even on 360/PS3. I doubt everyone is going to be happy on the 19th but I am hopeful we get the core modes that were lacking in year one.
No understand that, but hope they havent put too much manpower on HUT this year, that is all I mean :-)
Hoping they focused on getting the missing modes back even if HUT s their cashcow.
 
# 12 Penaltybox4ever @ 05/15/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Are features the same as modes ? Lol... Hmmm. I'm thinking we are going to hear things like new and improved physics. New super duper deking, and for the first time ever in a hockey game the spin-o-rama move that kind of stuff.
No, features are not same as modes but I hope NHL16 will feature more modes than NHL15. But yeah also guessing the features they present will be super dekes that you dont even have to perform, just press Iwin button and player will deke from behind own net all the way to opposing net, fool the goalie into the hotdog stand and backhand the puck in left upper corner of the net, easy as pie!
They have also included a "sim to next offense" button and excluded the possibility to play as defense because who the fk wanna play defense!??
And also some physics that no one know wtf it does but they have involved all of NASA researchers, expecting to be the first game to win the Nobelprize... That will sell games for sure!
Maybe your random average winger will figureskate in such speed and lack of momentum that the particleaccelerator in Cern will look like a little children's carousel breaking all laws of physics and uncover the Higgs Boson! The possibilities are endless of what they can do!


As I said hoping atleast for some news about modes but hopes are not high...
 
# 13 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 05/15/15 07:35 PM
I WANT BIG CHANGES FOR GM MODE
 
# 14 ericromain @ 05/15/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaltybox4ever
No understand that, but hope they havent put too much manpower on HUT this year, that is all I mean :-)
Hoping they focused on getting the missing modes back even if HUT s their cashcow.
I don't think they ever have devoted much of their resources to HUT, it's a pretty striped down mode without much depth.
 
# 15 redsox4evur @ 05/15/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
I WANT BIG CHANGES FOR GM MODE
Supposedly the gamechangers gave them ideas. Like coaching staffs, award races, and all star voting. Yea not game changing but it's a big change compared to what we have right now.
 
# 16 njdevils14 @ 05/15/15 10:28 PM
Gotta hope they make improvements to GM mode
 
# 17 etched Chaos @ 05/15/15 10:34 PM
Take the features from the last one and halve them, that's what I'm expecting.
 
# 18 Sub_ZERO2777 @ 05/15/15 10:39 PM
HIRE AND FIRE COACHES(PUT IN REAL COACHES) ADD SOMETHING TO THE OFF-SEASON
 
# 19 redsox4evur @ 05/15/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
HIRE AND FIRE COACHES(PUT IN REAL COACHES) ADD SOMETHING TO THE OFF-SEASON
This was asked for by the gamechangers. And no need for CAPS man.
 
# 20 RyanLaFalce @ 05/15/15 10:43 PM
Loved NHL '15. Here's to hoping '16 is even better!
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.