10:45 AM - May 6, 2015 by Steve_OS
To commemorate the 10 year anniversary of MVP Baseball, MVPMods have posted a new mod for the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005, they call it MVP Baseball 2015.
It contains nearly 200 new or updated cyberfaces, uniform updates, the 2015 schedule, a full Opening Day roster including minor leagues, new in-game and menu music, new menus and loading screens, and new player audio.
To read more about the history of MVP Baseball, the guys behind the mod and much more, make sure you read this article from Ben Lindbergh, over at Grantland.
Obviously you need the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005 (if you don't have it, it's not cheap) and download the patch.
Below are the installation instructions.
- After you have downloaded the "MVP15.7z" file, double-click to open it.
- Extract the contents of the MVP15.7z file into a folder.
- Double-click the "explodeme.exe' file
- Select the folder that contains a CLEAN copy of MVP Baseball 2005 and click "Extract". Note that a CLEAN copy is a fresh install or a patched, non-modded install of the game.
- Allow the program to extract all of the new content. If the installer asks for your permission to overwrite files, select "Yes to All"
- When installation is complete, start the game and play the new MVP 15 mod!
- It is recommended that you install MVP15 over a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005 with at least up to Patch #2.
- To be able to access all of the uniforms, it will be necessary for you to install a Profile that unlocks all classic uniforms and stadiums.
- When playing in minor league stadiums listed as "Classic Stadiums," it is recommended to turn off the "Cooperstown Effect."