Home
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 News Post


Game Informer has just posted their first look at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, finally returning to the classic gameplay that so many gamers miss. Along with the article, they have also posted a bunch of screenshots.

The game features solo play, online co-op, competitive play and the ability to create parks and share them. Users will have the ability to power-up and shoot projectiles in specific missions. Hmmm...

Tony Hawk is obviously on the roster, along with Nyjah Huston, Aaron Homoki, Ishod Wair, Riley Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, Chris Cole, David Gonzalez, Leticia Bufoni, and Andrew Reynolds.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 doesn't have an official release date yet, but it is scheduled to be released later this year for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 releasing shortly afterwards.

Digital subscribers of Game Informer can read a 6-page feature with hands-on impressions and more details later today.

Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Smallville102001 @ 05/05/15 02:24 PM
I saw this like 2 minutes ago and was just about to come on hear and post this. Sucks that it is going to be on ps3 and xbox360 as while. That is going to hold the graphics back should be on ps4 xboxone only.
 
# 2 eaterofworlds888 @ 05/05/15 03:32 PM
I'm just hoping for a killer soundtrack more than anything.
 
# 3 RyanJS08 @ 05/05/15 03:55 PM
One of my Favorite Video games growing up, and it looks like it has some of the old parks! Awesome!
 
# 4 Blzer @ 05/05/15 03:56 PM
School!

Spoiler


I'm interested.
 
# 5 RandyBass @ 05/05/15 05:46 PM
Screenshots aren't showing any other skaters skating around too, kind of a red flag. I sense a cautious attempt at a revival for the series, which I suppose is understandable.

Still probably going to be a blind buy for me though.

Willing to give it a shot even if it's mediocre.
 
# 6 loldillon @ 05/05/15 07:01 PM
Jamie Thomas please. K thanks.
 
# 7 sydrogerdavid @ 05/05/15 10:30 PM
I only know four of those guys. Bring back the grandpas from 1-4.
 
# 8 Sheba2011 @ 05/06/15 02:52 AM
Recipe for success: Take Tony Hawk 1 and 2, update the graphics to today's standards add more songs to the already great soundtrack, add a few more courses. Game will sell millions.
 
# 9 sarlndr @ 05/06/15 07:47 AM
This game needs create a skater as well. If not...
 
# 10 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/06/15 08:15 AM
Tony Hawk and Nyjah Huston are the only names that ring a bell for me. I was hoping for a new Skate game, but I guess this will have to do for now. I hope that it ends up being decent. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
 
# 11 CM Hooe @ 05/06/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Recipe for success: Take Tony Hawk 1 and 2, update the graphics to today's standards add more songs to the already great soundtrack, add a few more courses. Game will sell millions.
This already happened, though not quite to the extent you're asking.

On the current game in development - I'm curious to see if THPS can recapture its PSX / early PS2 magic.
 
# 12 Sheba2011 @ 05/06/15 11:19 AM
I remember Pro Skater HD and while it was a good attempt it wasn't quite what I am talking about. I want them to get back to a pure skating experience and none of the gimmicks of the last few games. Give me some great levels to explore instead of an open world. Give me a killer soundtrack. Give me controls similar to the first two games which were simplistic for a beginner but took time and patience to master. Give me a game I can get lost in for hours just practicing tricks and enjoying the music/sound effects.
 
# 13 Smallville102001 @ 05/06/15 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I remember Pro Skater HD and while it was a good attempt it wasn't quite what I am talking about. I want them to get back to a pure skating experience and none of the gimmicks of the last few games. Give me some great levels to explore instead of an open world. Give me a killer soundtrack. Give me controls similar to the first two games which were simplistic for a beginner but took time and patience to master. Give me a game I can get lost in for hours just practicing tricks and enjoying the music/sound effects.


Yeah that right there only I would say like the tony hawk games up though wasteland not just pro skater 1 and 2. Tony hawk 4 was the best and only like hard tony hawk game as it took me like 2 years to beat.
 
# 14 SinisterAlex @ 05/07/15 01:32 AM
You know you're somewhat old (heck I'm just about 23....) when you don't recognize any of the skaters in the game except for the Hawk's lol.

I remember guys like Bob Burnqest, Bam Margera, Bucky Lasek, etc.
 
# 15 JODYE @ 05/07/15 10:53 AM
Nyjah, Cole and Reynolds are only guys I'm familiar with.

Would be cool if some of those old guys were unlockable in the game. Park creator sounds cool but no mention of a create a skater function, which worries me. Think that would be a given at this point.
 
# 16 CH4SEau @ 05/08/15 05:35 AM
Yeah, I'm getting old.

Daewon Song, Arto Saari, Rodney Mullen, Danny Way, etc..

I understand why they wouldn't be in this game, though. I'd take a new Skate game over this right now, but I'll give this a look.
 
# 17 Smallville102001 @ 05/08/15 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Yeah, I'm getting old.

Daewon Song, Arto Saari, Rodney Mullen, Danny Way, etc..

I understand why they wouldn't be in this game, though. I'd take a new Skate game over this right now, but I'll give this a look.


Am I the only one that didn't like skate? lol
 
# 18 Blzer @ 05/09/15 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Am I the only one that didn't like skate? lol
Possibly, heh. Skate 2 and Skate 3 had its quirks, but I don't think one can deny the "revolutionary" ideas that Skate brought into play for skateboarding video games in the trick department that only Thrasher: Skate & Destroy tried to do before it with buttons.

THPS is great, but it's an arcade skater all the way and you want to treat it as such. The first time I played that Skate demo (and I must have played it dozens of times), I felt the reward of landing that perfect grind after practicing over and over. They had something really right with the "simulation" aspect of skating.
 
# 19 Smallville102001 @ 05/09/15 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Possibly, heh. Skate 2 and Skate 3 had its quirks, but I don't think one can deny the "revolutionary" ideas that Skate brought into play for skateboarding video games in the trick department that only Thrasher: Skate & Destroy tried to do before it with buttons.

THPS is great, but it's an arcade skater all the way and you want to treat it as such. The first time I played that Skate demo (and I must have played it dozens of times), I felt the reward of landing that perfect grind after practicing over and over. They had something really right with the "simulation" aspect of skating.


While I always loved how THPS is an arcade game. Nothing like being in the same combo for like 5 minutes straight lol. I also never cared for skates controls and I thought the game didn't look that good and I like how with THPS the levels are based off real places.
 
# 20 geisterhome @ 05/09/15 02:50 AM
disappointed that this will be on ps3 and xbox 360. sad to see those old consoles will still hold gaming back in 2015.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.