02:46 PM - May 4, 2015 by MMChrisS
The NFL draft is over, and in its wake are teams which now have different looks heading into the 2015 season. Let's take a look at the teams which saw their stocks go way up in the draft in terms of how they'll play in Madden NFL 16. And while draft picks of offensive linemen and defensive tackles are huge in real life -- in Madden they're still less of a factor. Specifically QBs, WRs, RBs, and defensive playmakers like DEs are weighted heavier, and thus that's what I'm looking at when making the picks below.
- Tennessee Titans - The Titans' passing game now has a completely new look, with Marcus Mariota throwing the ball to his brand new target Dorial Green-Beckham. DGB, if you recall, was projected as a high first rounder before his off-field issues -- and he likely was a steal in the second round. The Titans were big winners in this year's draft for Madden players.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston may or may not be an eventual bust or burgeoning star depending on who you ask, its way too early to tell really, but his ratings in Madden are certainly going to reshape the perception of how players approach the Bucs. Expect usage of the Bucs online to be much higher because of Winston's expected final attributes heading into the 2015 season.
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper is a star in the making at wideout. If his attributes are reasonable, he'll be a fun target to throw to for the Raiders. Also Clive Walford could see some time as a pass catching TE, which could impact how some call games with Oakland.
- New York Jets - The Jets certainly didn't have a flashy draft, but they picked up Leonard Williams, who may have been the best player in the draft overall. The pass rushing threat of Williams, along with the addition of Devin Smith at wideout are going to give Jets fans some new tools to play with this year. Also, while Bryce Petty is a project, he was a great passer in college and may sport some solid throwing arm numbers as a backup.
- St. Louis Rams - Assuming Gurley is healthy and his physical stats get the respect they should -- he will be a heck of a running game option for the Rams right off the bat. Gurley is compared to Marshawn Lynch by many and it really fits. For Madden players, he's a big time weapon in the making.