MLB 15 The Show News Post

Road to the Show is still the original career mode in sports games which really made huge strides in how we play and perceive these types of modes. While the mode didn't get huge wholesale changes this year, it's still a solid experience.

What are you playing as this year? Are you a pitcher? Infielder? Outfielder? Catcher? Sound off in our poll and leave a comment about your progress!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Murphy7376 @ 04/30/15 10:15 AM
I play as a 5 tool 2B. It takes a long time to build up like that but it is awesome once you do because you do a little bit of everything that the game offers. HRs, SBs & fielding.

# 2 thaSLAB @ 04/30/15 11:37 AM
Manning 3B, as always... I used my carry-over save from '14 and I am currently in the beginning (April) of the 2017 season, with the Pirates. We're still trying to break the playoffs, and we traded away Cutch for Julio Teheran and 2 prospects. A couple career milestones are, 2015 ROY and I led the league in RBIs 2016. My career stats are here.

# 3 Gosens6 @ 04/30/15 01:36 PM
I have two careers going right now. A speedy shortstop and a starting pitcher

# 4 SpritePuck @ 04/30/15 02:06 PM
I mostly play franchise but have a pitching RTTS and one as a catcher. I play the catcher one the most and enjoy it. Both franchise and rtts modes are great!

# 5 TotesMaGotes @ 04/30/15 04:02 PM
I just started my career as a second baseman got drafted by the Rangers. Tore up double A for a month then got called up to triple A due to injuries in the system for five games before I got called up to the bigs on mother's day. I'm just sad I started my career right before Hamilton was traded back to the Rangers and he's not a part of my team.

# 6 scottyo60 @ 04/30/15 09:22 PM
I'm a power hitting first baseman. I had an advanced one because of stubs last year that I carried over. I never really got into it last year so then this year I get bonus packs and gold ritual and gold bat. I'm 15 games in with 76 ovr and adjusted 91 rating... Realism out the window.

# 7 WeWereGiants @ 05/01/15 05:43 AM
Catcher. It's what I played IRL so I'm glad they made it actually playable this time around.

# 8 Battman @ 05/01/15 07:08 AM
The Dude Jeffrey Lebowski is playing in his 7th season as an CF (OVR 99). Maybe the most boring position in this game. But I am primarily a hitter and do not want too much fielding action. I love RTTS, by far my favourite mode and the best first person mode in any sports game. Since MLB 08 I have played around 100 seasons in this mode. So year-to-year-saves is huge for me.

# 9 ZoltanZ @ 05/01/15 08:36 AM
Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez is a speedy RF with good contact and average power. He is in his first season and got called up to the AAA Toledo Mud Hens after about 30 games in AA. I have other RttS players but he is my favorite because he is a double/tripe machine and steals bases like they are giving them away. I am getting used to the outfield so his fielding is getting better. I have a hard time tracking the ball sometimes and often over run the play.

# 10 Battman @ 05/01/15 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by ZoltanZ
From my experience the amount of triples is never higher than in the early years of your Rtts career. I guess that is the result of a lack of power as some of the triples will be HRs the better your ratings get.

# 11 abbysinthe @ 05/01/15 09:20 PM
Starting Pitcher. Striking people out is so gratifying.

# 12 canuckle17 @ 05/02/15 06:09 AM
Creating rookie baseball players for use in MLB The Show: Road To The Show. The Road to the Show (RTTS) mode has quickly become a popular mode, and with that comes an emphasis on controlling a lesser-talented rookie player for an entire career. Itís quite real. But so is franchise mode. With that being said, Iíve come up with a new method for creating baseball players. I start with a new spreadsheet, and enter in the ratings of a positional player who emphasizes speed, contact and glove. And then on the row below I enter in the attributes for a player who emphasizes strength, power and arm.Then, I have all the various skills such as contact, power, fielding ability, base running ability listed in each subsequent column. In the last column is the total number of points allocated to each player. When added up in the last column, youíll see that the attribute ratings awarded to each type of player is fairly equal. It varies for each position, but every player ranges from 500 to 600 points. The attributes range from 0 to 60. So keep that in mind when creating your players. This is the most fair and authentic method in player creation on MLB The Show. Come up with a list of fictitious characters youíve conjured up. Make them from common baseball countries such as the United States, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Japan, etc. Envision them playing Major League Baseball. What do they look like? Customize them with a specific height, weight, uniform number etc. Then assign each player his attributes using the 0 to 60 ratings. Once you have designed a plethora of players in your database then create them on your MLB game. You could either leave each of them as a free agent and wait for MLB teams to sign them or assign them to a team yourself. Personally I prefer to assign every one of my created players to an MLB team. This ensures them of playing minor league baseball right away as they wonít quite be good enough to play in the show right away. Theyíll develop in the minors and work their way up, just like real life. Scatter the players around Major League Baseball, and see them flourish and become the superstars of their new teams. Youíll probably feel a sense of accomplishment when these player begin making a name for themselves and making the all-star teams and winning awards and World Series titles.

# 13 Tbow15UFgators @ 05/02/15 04:10 PM
I'm a speedy shortstop in one and a powerful 1B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 jfinger2013 @ 05/04/15 12:27 AM
I usually just play whatever position my favorite team needs which is the Cubs so im playing LF currently but i also have 1 as a SP but i been playing alot of franchise lately might wait to after trade deadline to play road to show again

# 15 marcuscouch10 @ 05/05/15 06:08 PM
I always play SS but sadly I got the XB1 so I have to hook up the 360 when I'm in baseball mood to play 2K baseball

# 16 Animalboy @ 05/07/15 02:26 AM
Catcher.
It seens to be the position i'm best at.

# 17 GRob78 @ 05/07/15 08:28 PM
Starting pitcher. Throws lefty, deep submarine motion with four solid pitches (4seam, slider, screwball, & knuckle) looking to add a fifth soon. For the Orioles of course.

After I finish this player out, I'll probably start a new one as a speedy second baseman.

# 18 fakeusername 2 @ 05/15/15 11:16 AM