Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post


Keep getting the dreaded "Gameplay Recording Paused" message in MLB 15 The Show? Follow these directions to disable it. (HUGE thanks to rudoffs!)

1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.
2. Hit the options button, middle right of controller
3. Click on Share Settings
4. Click on Video Clip Settings
5. Uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording
6. Enjoy The Show without those annoying notifications

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TripleCrown9 @ 03/31/15 03:30 PM
Thanks so much. I was just wondering about this.
 
# 2 bcruise @ 03/31/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
Why is my gameplay being recorded anyway?
It's not really, it's just telling you that if you ARE recording during that time (with the double-tap of the Share Button), nothing will be shown.
 
# 3 Conrad @ 03/31/15 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs
1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.
2. Hit the options button, middle right of controller
3. Click on Share Settings
4. Click on Video Clip Settings
5. Uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording
6. Enjoy The Show without those annoying notifications
OMG thx you! been so annyoing having that pop up
 
# 4 steelerfan @ 03/31/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
Why is my gameplay being recorded anyway?
The PS4 is ALWAYS recording. The only question is whether or not you save what it has recorded.

#TheScriptIsDead
 
# 5 Spokker @ 03/31/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
well that's what I am asking, why is the ps4 recording things If I didn't assign it to, not to derail the thread but I don't like it records everything.
It gets sent to the NSA and the federal government rounds people up who swing at balls in the dirt.

Sharing is a big selling point of both PS4 and Xbox One, though they do it slightly differently, they are both always recording and you can save your clips at any time. The processing of video is done by an extra chip in the hardware, so it's not something that's impacting game performance, I believe.

It's not just video that's being recorded. Everything you do in modern games is recorded. San Diego Studio doesn't hide this, and records statistics about how we use their game.
 
# 6 extremeskins04 @ 03/31/15 04:38 PM
Thank you so much for this. It was getting quite annoying. It's much appreciated sir.
 
# 7 Dolenz @ 03/31/15 05:05 PM
Man I just hit a walk off Grand Slam! I wish I had a recording of that so I could share it.

You probably do.

That is why it is always recording. It is like the 30 minute buffer of live TV that your DVR records (although I don't know how much of a buffer on the pS4).
 
# 8 NXCaptain @ 03/31/15 09:51 PM
I believe the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of your game play. Just in case something crazy happens that you want to go back and save.
 
# 9 SmashMan @ 03/31/15 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXCaptain
I believe the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of your game play. Just in case something crazy happens that you want to go back and save.
Exactly.

It's keeping the last fifteen minutes "on hold" for you, in case something cool happens - then you would hit the share button to actually save it. The PS4 doesn't just save videos by itself on its own.

You can also adjust this "on hold" time. I do five minutes, myself. Makes it easier to trim down later.
 
# 10 bcruise @ 03/31/15 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Exactly.

It's keeping the last fifteen minutes "on hold" for you, in case something cool happens - then you would hit the share button to actually save it. The PS4 doesn't just save videos by itself on its own.
Wait - are you sure it works like that? When I double tap the share button it starts a recording, which can last for up to 15 minutes depending on what setting I use. Are you saying that if I just go into the share menu normally it'll have saved the last 15 minutes, even though I hadn't specifically told it to record?

If so, I never knew this. I've always had to try to anticipate things coming up that I wanted to record, and then be quick on the double-tap share button.
 
# 11 SmashMan @ 03/31/15 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wait - are you sure it works like that? When I double tap the share button it starts a recording, which can last for up to 15 minutes depending on what setting I use. Are you saying that if I just go into the share menu normally it'll have saved the last 15 minutes, even though I hadn't specifically told it to record?

If so, I never knew this. I've always had to try to anticipate things coming up that I wanted to record, and then be quick on the double-tap share button.
Yep - works both ways.
 
# 12 garyjr33 @ 03/31/15 10:17 PM
I have never noticed this before with any other game...but the Show has been taking screenshots of each trophy I achieve today. Weird.
 
# 13 PhilliesFan13 @ 03/31/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I have never noticed this before with any other game...but the Show has been taking screenshots of each trophy I achieve today. Weird.
That was part of the PS4 update last week. Will do that for every game.
 
# 14 dazzelle @ 03/31/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
Are you sure, in my archives for 2k, their are whole games, every play and I didn't turn that on.
OT.
Yes NBA2k saves your replays/highlights,i haven't had whole games saved though.I had about 2-3gb of NBA2k replays to delete.

Not sure if there's a way to disable it,i haven't found it
 
# 15 DJ @ 04/01/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
OT.
Yes NBA2k saves your replays/highlights,i haven't had whole games saved though.I had about 2-3gb of NBA2k replays to delete.

Not sure if there's a way to disable it,i haven't found it
Yeah, I'm not sure on NBA 2K if there is a way to disable highlights being saved. I've got a whole lotta dunks saved currently
 
# 16 knick9mm @ 04/01/15 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
Why is my gameplay being recorded anyway?
Update 2.0 featured a deal that Sony signed with Google that allows your game habits to be recorded. So, with the email address you linked to your PSN account, Google can target ads towards you on your Android phone. #Illuminati
 
# 17 PsychoBulk @ 04/01/15 06:21 PM
Im going to implement this tomorrow.

Great, informative post.
 
# 18 Instant C1a55ic @ 04/01/15 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs
1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.
2. Hit the options button, middle right of controller
3. Click on Share Settings
4. Click on Video Clip Settings
5. Uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording
6. Enjoy The Show without those annoying notifications
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I thought I had to just suck it up and live with it.
 
# 19 slthree @ 04/01/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs
1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.
2. Hit the options button, middle right of controller
3. Click on Share Settings
4. Click on Video Clip Settings
5. Uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording
6. Enjoy The Show without those annoying notifications

Thank you Rud, this was VERY useful. That message was driving me crazy
 
# 20 Dragonshark @ 04/01/15 06:44 PM
Thanks! Was tired of seeing that message
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.