Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post


EA Sports has released some more Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshots. These screenshots feature Wolf Creek. If you missed the screenshots from TPC Sawgrass, click here.

Rory replaced Tiger Woods as the face of the new golf game, after EA and Tiger parted ways in 2013. The new game will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine and feature all-new commentary from Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner of Golf Channel.

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is scheduled to release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in June.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JODYE @ 03/30/15 09:20 AM
I mean there is no doubt that the environments look incredible but unfortunately with the way this game has trended the last few years, it's going to take a lot more than some pretty grass to bring me back.

I will be watching with skepticism.
 
# 2 ps3veron @ 03/30/15 09:31 AM
Looking gorgeous! But also cautious with this release, hoping for less pay to win schemes!
 
# 3 jpollack34 @ 03/30/15 10:32 AM
For me, it's going to come down to how well they support user generated content. And I'm not too concerned about licensed courses since those courses are perfectly replicated on TGC. What I'm more interested in is zany creations made by users. There are some super talented content creators out there let me tell ya.
 
# 4 Ronoko @ 03/30/15 10:45 AM
There won't be a course designer or user created courses, to my knowledge.
 
# 5 jbd345 @ 03/30/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
Here we go again with EA. Unfortunately they figured out that the majority of gamers get entranced by graphics so they are baiting these poor souls. The intelligent gamer cares about gameplay which EA has not mentioned or shown with about 2 months to launch. NHL 15 all over again. On the other hand, TGC is exceeding my expectation every day so I have no need for EA pga. And TGC is $25 cheaper
Ea is evil of course who could forget that. Why can't people enjoy both games?
 
# 6 mike24forever @ 03/30/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Ea is evil of course who could forget that. Why can't people enjoy both games?
Anything EA puts out, people will respond like this. It's too bad EA has alienated so many consumers, but they will make money no matter what. I love The Golf Club, but cannot wait for this title. Graphics matter to me and I can't wait to play 17 at Sawgrass. Also, the last Tiger Woods game was really good. With aids turned off and the diagonal swing mechanic plus the country club, it played a very rewarding game of golf.

It would expand the playability if EA include a course creator tool, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it. I have the Golf Club for that. At least as gamers we have 3 golf titles to choose from this generation and hopefully 4 if Hot Shots comes out on the PS4 and Vita.
 
# 7 jbd345 @ 03/30/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Anything EA puts out, people will respond like this. It's too bad EA has alienated so many consumers, but they will make money no matter what. I love The Golf Club, but cannot wait for this title. Graphics matter to me and I can't wait to play 17 at Sawgrass. Also, the last Tiger Woods game was really good. With aids turned off and the diagonal swing mechanic plus the country club, it played a very rewarding game of golf.

It would expand the playability if EA include a course creator tool, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it. I have the Golf Club for that. At least as gamers we have 3 golf titles to choose from this generation and hopefully 4 if Hot Shots comes out on the PS4 and Vita.
Exactly. This isn't madden. There's competition. I love the golf club, play it daily. Of course ea is going to show off frostbite and this game will probably look better than the golf club. And you know what? We as consumers can choose what game we want. I can't wait to see what pga has to offer as far as gameplay goes.
 
# 8 brandon27 @ 04/01/15 06:23 AM
Wow, game looks great, visually it's going to completely embarrass The Golf Club.

The one thing TGC will always having going for it though that EA golf wont, is a course designer.

Hopefully this is going to be available on EA Access though, I'd like to try it though before buying.
 
# 9 DivotMaker @ 04/01/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
The one thing TGC will always having going for it though that EA golf wont, is a course designer.
For right now, true. I would not count EA out on this in the future as their two competing products have one (TGC and PP). I know they were discussing the possibilities of a Course Architect a couple of years ago. They had one for the PC version from 2000-2006.

Rumor is the business model for RM might be different than past Tiger games. No details but yearly full releases might be a thing of the past.
 
# 10 jbd345 @ 04/01/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
For right now, true. I would not count EA out on this in the future as their two competing products have one (TGC and PP). I know they were discussing the possibilities of a Course Architect a couple of years ago. They had one for the PC version from 2000-2006.

Rumor is the business model for RM might be different than past Tiger games. No details but yearly full releases might be a thing of the past.
That would explain the lack of the "15" on the title. But I'm intriged by this. Hopefully they treat this like battlefield and have a release every couple years and still update the one that's out.
 
# 11 SinisterAlex @ 04/01/15 10:28 PM
I actually think for a smaller more niche market such as video game golf, it makes sense to deviate away from a yearly release model.
 
# 12 donkey33 @ 04/01/15 11:29 PM
I'd love all sports games to follow this model so hopefully that's the case here.
 
# 13 DivotMaker @ 04/02/15 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
That would explain the lack of the "15" on the title. But I'm intriged by this. Hopefully they treat this like battlefield and have a release every couple years and still update the one that's out.
Agreed. Build an engine (Frostbite 3) that is scalable and capable of handling updates and upgrades, then build content to add to the immersion of the game. Offering course packs, player and/or equipment packs for DLC is what I am expecting. A Course Architect would go a long ways towards increasing playability like TGC and PP offer.....
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.