"1. 2014/15 and 2015/16 season data: The game will feature over 23 playable leagues, as well as a great deal of non-playable leagues. The game will ship with 2014/15 data and then be updated before the 2015/16 season starts with a new roster set to help gamers get the most up-to-date experience.
2. Completely overhauled graphic user interface and navigation: FHM 2 will have a completely new interface, which suits the complex world of hockey much better. Our two goals for this year’s game were to make the game look nicer and make navigating in the game as easy as possible. In our opinion, we have made big steps in both areas.
3. FaceGen: For the first time, FHM will ship with FaceGen support. This brings much more life to the game. We have models in place for skaters, goalies and staff, including changing colors of helmets based on the team the player is on.
4. Completely re-designed Game Engine: We ripped out the old engine and built this very important part of the game brand new, from the ground up. With the new engine, every second of a game is simulated and the engine keeps track of exactly which zones the puck and all players are, at all times. This allows us to simulate the flow of a hockey game much better than before, with each event playing out through the engine. From player passing or moving the puck up the ice, to faceoffs that matter in what zone they occur, dump-in’s, clear attempts, puck battles on the board, breakaways, and many events - it will all be an intricate part of the new simulation engine.
Note: Big parts of the new match engine will be available for FHM 2014 before the FHM 2 release. FHM 2 will feature a tweaked and refined version of the initial release of the match engine.
5. Game Rating: FHM 2 features a new way for you to evaluate the performance of your players - the Game Rating (GR). During a game, each event (good or bad) will change the GR, so you always know how well a player performs on the ice. Since the calculation includes the role of the player and the situation on the ice, you can get a pretty good picture of the performance. Not all players are goal scorers and will have their names show in the score sheet - now you can accurately track how everyone is contributing to your team’s success or failure - from your stay-at-home defensemen to your grinding 4th line forwards.
6. Redesigned Fictional Mode: We have removed the fictional mode from FHM 2014 and replaced it with a new version that is much more streamlined and stable. Now you can play with just one league (or add major junior and/or a farm team level if you like) and form it to your likings by changing selected rules and options (which stay in a sensible range - so no Hobbit league on Mars).
7. League Expansion: Before a season you are now able to expand any league you want by two teams. Want to bring the NHL to Las Vegas? Or bring a team back to Quebec? Go for it!
8. Basic Online League Support: Use FHM 2 to play an online league with your friends. GM’s can upload team files (or draft lists, for example) to the commissioner, who then simulates the game forward, before uploading a new league file. In addition the game produces CSV outputs you can use to generate a web page for your league if you wish. Prove your mettle as a GM against some of the other sharp minds who are fans of FHM!
9. Pre-season games: Need to make some tough roster decisions to get your team ready for the start of the season? Before the regular season starts, use these games to prepare your team for the regular season and find out who will make the squad.
10. Head coaches: It is now possible to hire a head coach for your team and play as GM only.
11. Historical changes: We’ve added new historical seasons to the game, so you can start even further in the past. In addition, you can now continue your game when reaching the last historical year and turn your game into a fictional league. We’ve added historical dollar values and a season preview, so you always know the situation for every season you are just about to start.
12. Greatly expanded news section: We added many additional news types and expanded the text of all news to give you more immersion and help bring your league to life.
13. There are many more changes and additions to the game (listed are just a small number):
- New tactics system
- New player development system
- New training system
- New player roles
- New job safety system
- New player happiness system
- Retiring players can now become staff - is your former star forward your next head coach?
- Revised staff contracts
- New player fatigue system
- New player consistency system
- Line chemistry
- GM and Coach scores
- All-Star game added
- Completely revised league/team/player history
- Redesigned screens (such as lines, tactics, manager-home and playoff screens)
- Extended draft logs
- New logo templates"