11:21 AM - February 5, 2015 by MMChrisS
OS'er Oohwayy recapped the special EASHL committee which EA held in Vancouver recently with some interesting new details on where the NHL franchise may be heading. In the post, it was proclaimed that gamers "should be excited" about the direction on EA Sports' NHL. Compiling points from various sources, here is what came out of the meeting, with much of it being nothing more than vague rumors and hints -- so if that isn't your thing you probably shouldn't read on:
- There was a lot of back and forth at the event, with developers being very interactive and open about the process.
- NDAs were signed so a lot of things can't be revealed obviously.
- EASHL will be very exciting for both casual and competitive players, big changes are coming to the modes which have been planned well in advance.
- The future is bright for offline gamers too.
- A lot of highly requested features are being implemented this next year.
Otherwise, from the general tone coming out of this meeting -- plus the tone coming out of EA period -- there is no reason not to believe NHL 16 won't make a huge step forward this year both in terms of modes offered and the usual yearly gameplay enhancements.
What do you want to see from NHL 16 this year?