Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post


The MLB 15 The Show fact sheet has arrived, check it out here. The PlayStation.Blog also mentions a gameplay reveal is scheduled for February 5th, at 2:00 PST, on Twitch.

Below are just some of details from the fact sheet, click here to view them all.
  • Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
  • Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
  • User controlled cut offs
  • All new slide and tag system
  • New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
  • Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
  • Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
  • Simplified Analog swing controls
  • Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
  • New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base.
  • More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
  • New Input Type option for hitting
  • We’ve separated swing input as a separate option
  • More than 90 new personal batting stances
  • More than 120 batting stance re-captures
  • More than 50 new personal pitching motions
  • More than 120 pitching motion re-captures
  • More than 45 new signature HR swings
  • More than 900 new presentation animations
  • More than 700 new gameplay animations
  • Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
  • Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) (Franchise mode)
  • Player salary guide (Franchise mode)
  • GM History records (Franchise mode)
  • Trade Finder (Franchise mode)
  • Vastly improved trade logic (Franchise mode)
  • New crowd placement logic to reduce fans sitting in "cheap" seats
  • New Quick Shifts feature and revamped Defensive Positioning screen
  • Quick Counts balancing adjustments (I.E. less 3-2 counts, pitchers start with 1-1 counts, etc.)
  • Four new brands for Fielding Gloves. Each brand has three different styles.
  • Four new brands for Bats. Each brand has three different styles.
  • Four new brands for Batting Gloves. Three brands have three styles and one brand has two styles.
  • Three new brands for Cleats. Each brand has three different styles.
  • Updated shin guard, new “Without foot guard” option added.
  • Updated batting helmet with no flaps to pay homage to Old Time players. (PS4 Only)
  • New Necklace accessory with Thin or Thick as options. (PS4 Only)
  • Wrist tape has now been separated into left and right wrists with a new “Long” wrist tape option added.
  • New “Extra Wide” wristband AND armband option added. (PS4 Only)
  • New Base runner Wrist Guard accessory added. (PS4 Only)
  • New “Stirrup Low” Pant Style option added. (PS4 Only)
  • Japanese and slap-hitter swing types now selectable (PS4 Only)
  • Left analog stick bunting influence
  • Hours of new custom stadium and ambiance music (over 40 new tracks)
  • RTTS camera improvements after the ball is in play
Source - The Show Nation
  • No retractable roofs
  • No confirmation on frame rate
  • No stadium creator/relocation/expansion
  • Fans do catch foul balls and HR's this year.
  • Are the contracts of coaches editable? Are coaches editable in general? Everything looking great so far! Can't wait! Negative ghost rider
  • I've got two; one specific, and one more generalized:
    Was the bug with scouting fixed where if you didn't scout the guy at all, he'd show up 100% revealed on draft day?
    I'd love to hear more about how trade logic was "vastly improved." Probably one of those things that's difficult to describe to the layperson, trade logic and coding. Still, I'm curious.

    I'm not going to spoil Luis stream, but I can't rob the CPU teams anymore with bad trades. It's something I've been able to do for years and finally we seem to have found the sweet spot in value in age, potential, and overall.
  • Ramone, a few questions about the Vita version:
    Are the gameplay/presentation improvements not included due to space on the Vita? Are the "FOUL" and "OUT" text boxes still in the game? Is there any way to remove them if so?
    Yes I'll see what I can do
  • I was just thinking with directional hitting is there any way to do directional hitting with zone? Also directional hitting is with the left stick right? Negative ghost rider, and yes.
  • Awesome stuff! I didn't see if fans could catch foul balls and HR's this year though. (That was scratched from last years fact sheet). Is it in? Russell, can you say? Not this year
  • Retractable roofs? # of Uniform slots? No and same
  • What does split screen functionality mean for presentation? Could that mean that they show a scene where half the screen shows the pitcher and the other half shows the batter before a pitch to set up the presentation for a stressful playoff situation? Affirmative
  • Are the dynamic pitch movements tied to arm slot or is it a selectable thing?
    Or does it mean something like there are no longer deviations of pitches and only FB,CB,SL,CH etc?
    No on both accounts.
  • Is Online Franchise still in the game? Affirmative
  • Russell do players in the All Star game finally wear there home teams jerseys during gameplay? No doing that still uses way to much memory.
  • Does it have 2-player Manage Mode Only?
    Was that in the game last year? If it wasn't then the answer is no.
  • are there more available start times for exhibition games? Negative
  • + Ramone Russell on January 29th, 2015 at 9:36 am said:
    All the MLB stadiums will have updated dirt and grass.
  • Are single-a teams playable? I assume not since it's not on the fact sheet. No and if I'm a betting man I'm not sure they ever will be.
  • Were the numbers on the back players jerseys with out the name plate moved higher up like the Yankees? No, however I just walked over to chat about this with Paul who's one of the graphics leads and he's going to put it on his list for 16. No promises though
  • Is this talking about the Directional Hitting? Are the separate options something like zone and directional? No, hitting interface now has an added option with is input type. So you can now play Timing hitting with analog controls for example.
  • Did you guys add any new catcher gear? Also can we finally edit the catchers masks/hockey helmets? Yes, (thank the baseball gods) bye bye turtle shell chest protector.
  • Did you gentlemen re-add the ability to turn off the home run celebration cam? I LOVE watching the flight of a moonshot like in previous versions. That's literally my only "problem" with this game. Otherwise it's dang near perfect. No the option did not return, but someone mentioned it during community day back in November and Clayton turned it completely off I believe.
  • The Fact Sheet is looking good! As another player who solely does Franchise mode (offline) and has been disappointed in the meager career stat tracking, I am hoping for an improvement. Anything you can tell us? Same as last year, however it's the number one item on Franchise features list for 16.
  • Last year there was mention of using up to 1,000 different crowd models. The final number of models in 14 was much lower, has that number been increased this year? Yes we can use 1k different models but it's going to take some time to scan that many new faces for the crowed.
  • Did you guys bring back the ability to change players cap brims as well as catchers masks? Both were locked last year.
    Also any new hair and beard styles? Yes still there and no
  • Ramone- Will Matt. V announce all 9 starting players names/positions in the batting order once again? Negative ghost rider
  • Will the enhanced trade logic play a role in RTTS (like background CPU trades) or is it solely a Franchise enhancement? It applies to RTTS as well.
  • (1) Has MOM mode been brought back to an exhibition mode so we don't have to start a franchise/season to use it? If it hasn't, do you ever see it coming back?
    (2) If we are using generated counts, do we have the option to bring in a relief pitcher before the count is generated?
    1. No I it's most likely never coming back. 2. No, unless you schedule to bring him in at the beginning of an inning.
  • One thing I would like to know, has the ability to manually name our saves been addled. Negative ghost rider
  • in RTTS can your catcher call timeout and have a meeting on the mound with the pitcher? Also will the pitcher decline our signals and can we add the stick ons to our catchers fingers? No no and no
  • Hey Russell, with all the new accessory options you guys added, how will this be translated when we import our 2014 franchises?
    Will all the new gear be randomized for all the players or something like that? They will keep the equipment from the file and you can change it to new stuff after your in MLB 15.
  • Was there any mentions on who the voices of the radio show were?
    Local talent
  • Any word on Classic Stadiums for PS4? Maybe a post release DLC Stadium package for $10, just to make it with your while. No and no
  • Can we do the carry over saves with season mode files just like RTTS and Franchise. Yes Y2Y saves works for RTTS, Franchise, and Season mode.
  • Any news if the renovations at Progressive Field and Wrigley Field will be included? Yes those renovations will be included.
  • I was just thinking with directional hitting is there any way to do directional hitting with zone? Also directional hitting is with the left stick right? Negative ghost rider, and yes.
  • One major problem with this game is the strike zone. Even if you go in the settings so that “all balls and strike calls are made perfectly,” many of the calls are still incorrect. The pitch track will show that the ball caught the strike zone but it was still called a ball anyway. This has been a problem since the beginning of the series. The entire ball DOES NOT need to be in the strike zone for it to be a strike.
    Our strike zone logic is based on 50% of the ball being inside the strike zone for a called strike. With variable umpires this varies and there was a bug last year on the on screen display for where the ball actually landed. That issue has been fixed.
  • The new features sound great, but no mention of online fixes for MLB 15? VERY disappointing. MLB 14 online, even on PS4, is a nearly unplayable mess of lag, player warping, and game breaking glitches/freezes. Any word from devs on fixes for online?
    Improving online has been a priority for us the entire development cycle. Ultimately you need to play it to see the improvements and we will be working until code lock at improving the experience.
  • Does the Scorebug still have the pitch count on it hopefully? And was it improved once again or does it pretty much look the same as in MLB 14 The Show which would not necessarily be a bad thing anyway.
    It looks different you will get a chance to see it next week.
  • Will you be posting the stream and/or highlights to youtube etc. because i need to know to determine if i should skip school for this.The stream will be archived, don’t skip school hit those books :-).
  • Hopefully your still answering. Please tell me the Green Monster will be fully functional this year. I.E. updated live scores during regular season,accurate, divisional standings,balls/strikes etc.
    Standings will update in real time the rest of the Green Monster will function as it did last year.
  • Hello Russell, I was wondering if the Wrigley video boards will be included in this years game?
    All the new Wrigley field additions will be in MLB 15.
  • Will Citifield have the fences moved in like they did this offseason?
    Yes
  • Will this year’s game have the actual local broadcasters commentary voiced in for the home games of your team ?
    No they will not
  • Will there be ceremonial first pitches?
    No Sir.
  • will ballpark village be included to busch stadium this year?
    Yes
  • SO excited for all the improvements! can’t wait to get this game!!!! I was wondering if Rivalry Mode would be making a comeback to MLB 15 THE SHOW. I appreciate all the time and hard work you guys put into this game. Thank you.
    Sorry, unfortunately not enough people used the mode to warrant us keeping it in the game.
  • Is there ANY chance that retro stadiums might be available later for a fee as downloadable content? There is zero chance of free retro stadiums being released as DLC.
  • When will this game be available for digital pre-order?
    Next week
  • Yes the new seasonal sun and shadows is all based on real satellite data for sun position per stadium.
    While we are on that subject a new feature was added into the game this weekend. You can now choose the month and start time for games in exhibition mode.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tnixen @ 01/29/15 12:10 PM
O my god MLB 15 The Show is going to be amazing!!!
 
# 2 Turbojugend @ 01/29/15 12:10 PM
Awesome. Just awesome.
 
# 3 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/29/15 12:10 PM
HOLY CRUD, that is a lot of FACTS. Gonna need some coffee before digging in to this bad boy... Woot.

Edit: Oh my goodness. Oh... my... goodness...
Now don't pull an NBA 2K and break half the game at release with all the new content!
 
# 4 hitstreak13 @ 01/29/15 12:12 PM
OMG!!! Going to be the best franchise ever! I can't play 14 anymore lol
 
# 5 sink4ever @ 01/29/15 12:14 PM
Wow. Definitely some good stuff that jumped out at me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
  • User controlled cut offs
  • Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
  • Real-time seasonal sun and shadows
  • New Slide Step System
  • Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
  • Trade Finder (Franchise mode)
One area of concern for me is the "Performance-based Player Progression". I know a lot of people have asked for progression to be based on performance, but that seems totally backward to me. Also, didn't see anything about scouting, drafting, IFA, training, or additional minor league teams. Lastly, didn't really see anything about stat tracking, but holding out hope.
 
# 6 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
8. Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
9. Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) (Franchise mode)
10. Player salary guide (Franchise mode)
11. GM History records (Franchise mode)
 
# 7 Herschie @ 01/29/15 12:15 PM
Hey, hey, holy mackerel! No doubt about it! The Show is on the way! Hey hey! The Show is going to be fun to play, can't wait for the day, wish it were today! Come what may, I'm going to play The Show one day!

I don't care if I have to move back in with my momma, I'm getting this game!
 
# 8 livinitup921 @ 01/29/15 12:16 PM
Look forward to the revamped franchise mode with gm contracts. Also really happy they added a trade finder. I like to see how the performance based progression system works.
 
# 9 Russell_SCEA @ 01/29/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Awesome stuff! I didn't see if fans could catch foul balls and HR's this year though. (That was scratched from last years fact sheet). Is it in? Russell, can you say?
Not this year
 
# 10 hitstreak13 @ 01/29/15 12:17 PM
Wow, editable contracts in franchise mode? That right there is incredible in itself. The radio show sounds super promising and the GM performance seems to be back. Amazing guys! I am going to have a hard time waiting until march. Thank god feb is a short month
 
# 11 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Not this year
Revamped online???
 
# 12 ShowTyme15 @ 01/29/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Not this year
Retractable roofs? # of Uniform slots?
 
# 13 HustlinOwl @ 01/29/15 12:20 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...5th/#sf7171553

Quote:
Worldwide Gameplay Reveal on Twitch

We’re also excited to announce the worldwide gameplay reveal of MLB 15 The Show on February 5th at 2:00PM pacific on Twitch. Tune in to the livestream via the San Diego Studio Twitch channel to get an exclusive look at MLB 15 and hear from our team on the features we’re most excited about for MLB 15. We can’t wait to show off what we’ve been working on and interact with our amazing fans!
MLB 15 The Show will be launching on March 31st for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita so stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, and Twitch pages for more info coming soon.
 
# 14 seanjeezy @ 01/29/15 12:22 PM
Quote:
Gameplay Improvements
(PS4 & PS3 Only)
Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
User controlled cut offs
All new slide and tag system
New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
Simplified Analog swing controls
Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base.
More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
New Input Type option for hitting
We’ve separated swing input as a separate option



Licensed Equipment
(PS4 & PS3 Only)
For the first time ever MLB The Show will include licensed equipment from some of the most recognizable brands in baseball. Earn as you play to enhance your RTTS or Diamond Dynasty players and partner with iconic brands by bringing sponsorships to your Franchise team! (Equipment on PS3 version is not seen during gameplay.)

Graphical Improvements
(PS4 Only)
Real-time seasonal sun and shadows
Player Skin tone realism. More variations of skin tones with gloss and specular improvements
Revamped Night lighting
More accurate and photorealistic rendering system
PS4 gets 10 more Minor League stadiums

Franchise Mode Refresh
(PS4, PS3, VITA)
With the addition of General Manager Contracts, you now have to consider Ownership Expectations when running your team, and your performance will determine the job offers that come your way. Building a championship-caliber team is more fun and dynamic than ever before, with the new Performance-based Player Progression, as well as much improved Trade and Contract logic. Partner up with Brand Sponsors, giving your broadcast elements an official sponsor and earn some extra dough to spend on your team.


Players and teams get Personality: Aesthetics and Emotion
(PS4 & PS3 Only)
Players on the field get improvements to show their individuality. (Necklaces, Tilted caps, etc..) Real-time situational/emotional AI scenes (dugouts, crowd, etc..) have also been added, and more Team and Player celebrations.

New Slide Step System
(PS4 & PS3 Only)
Perform a slide step while pitching to combat pitchers with a slow delivery to the plate, or runners who consistently get great jumps. This “game within a game” creates a risk/reward factor when performing a slide step. The pitcher will now have less control and slightly less velocity when a slide step is executed, but will be quicker to the plate. As a runner, you now have to worry about your opponent using a slide step when you are attempting a steal.

Improved strike zone accuracy with new pitch locations for on-the-black calls and borderline balls & strikes
Improved hit call accuracy through new field zone locations and deeper parameter logic
Improved runner rounding base and runner scoring content for more exciting big-play calls
Improved deep fly ball logic that allows more diverse calls on potential home runs, and prevents the user from hearing calls that give away the play result before it occurs
Improved foul ball logic to allow for open-ended play-by-play on playable or nearly playable balls, prevents user from hearing calls that give away the result
New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type


Instant Replay Challenge System
(PS4 & PS3 Only)
The MLB’s Instant Replay protocols are now in The Show. Certain plays give users an opportunity to challenge the outcome of a close play.


New Home Run Derby Format
(PS4, partial PS3)
Aligning Major League Baseball’s new Home Run Derby rules and progression


The Best Gets Better! MLB 15 The Show included 31 more enhancements, new features and improvements!

1. More than 90 new personal batting stances
2. More than 120 batting stance re-captures
3. More than 50 new personal pitching motions
4. More than 120 pitching motion re-captures
5. More than 45 new signature HR swings
6. More than 900 new presentation animations
7. More than 700 new gameplay animations
8. Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
9. Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) (Franchise mode)
10. Player salary guide (Franchise mode)
11. GM History records (Franchise mode)
12. Trade Finder (Franchise mode)
13. Vastly improved trade logic (Franchise mode)
14. New crowd placement logic to reduce fans sitting in "cheap" seats
15. New Quick Shifts feature and revamped Defensive Positioning screen
16. Quick Counts balancing adjustments (I.E. less 3-2 counts, pitchers start with 1-1 counts, etc.)
17. Four new brands for Fielding Gloves. Each brand has three different styles.
18. Four new brands for Bats. Each brand has three different styles.
19. Four new brands for Batting Gloves. Three brands have three styles and one brand has two styles.
20. Three new brands for Cleats. Each brand has three different styles.

21. Updated shin guard, new “Without foot guard” option added.
22. Updated batting helmet with no flaps to pay homage to Old Time players. (PS4 Only)
23. New Necklace accessory with Thin or Thick as options. (PS4 Only)
24. Wrist tape has now been separated into left and right wrists with a new “Long” wrist tape option added.
25. New “Extra Wide” wristband AND armband option added. (PS4 Only)
26. New Base runner Wrist Guard accessory added. (PS4 Only)
27. New “Stirrup Low” Pant Style option added. (PS4 Only)

28. Japanese and slap-hitter swing types now selectable (PS4 Only)
29. Left analog stick bunting influence
30. Hours of new custom stadium and ambiance music (over 40 new tracks)
31. RTTS camera improvements after the ball is in play
 
# 15 Turbojugend @ 01/29/15 12:23 PM
The one thing - the only thing - I'm wondering at this point is if the frame rate issues have been ironed out. Everything else sounds absolutely phenomenal.
 
# 16 seanjeezy @ 01/29/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I'm not sure how promising this sounds and I'm afraid they'yr going down Madden's route. Madden used to be a first day automatic purchase on the PS2 but come the PS3 it was terrible. I hope The Show doesn't follow suit but it sounds like it may...
This was from that other thread, I think it deserves another round of laughs lol
 
# 17 Chai2112 @ 01/29/15 12:26 PM
Confidence restored. Can't wait for videos, etc.
 
# 18 SoxFan01605 @ 01/29/15 12:26 PM
Lots of good stuff here (editable contracts is a HUGE and unexpected win for me).

I'm hoping deeper year-to-year stat tracking and catcher gear were addressed as well, though the fact that so much in those areas were addressed without their mention makes me think they weren't.
 
# 19 tnixen @ 01/29/15 12:27 PM
1 week until we see gameplay!

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/profile
 
# 20 ajblithe20 @ 01/29/15 12:28 PM
Basically stunned. Best game keeps getting better! Can't wait for this and the real baseball season to start! (warmer weather too)
 

« Previous1234567895556Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.