Home
EA Sports UFC News Post


EA Sports UFC has released another free content update for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just over 1.1 GB. As mentioned previously, it includes Holly Holm, Rafael dos Anjos, Eddie Alvarez and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson. A few other fixes have been added as well, check them out in the image above.

Quote:
UPDATE: This will mark the last major update for the game as we’ll now begin shifting focus towards the future.

Get in a few fights and post your thoughts!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Motown @ 01/21/15 03:41 AM

EA Sports UFC has released another free content update for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just over 1.1 GB. As mentioned previously, it includes Holly Holm, Rafael dos Anjos, Eddie Alvarez and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson. A few other fixes have been added as well, check them out in the image above.

Quote:
UPDATE: This will mark the last major update for the game as we’ll now begin shifting focus towards the future.

Get in a few fights and post your thoughts!
 
# 2 ron_bato @ 01/21/15 03:56 AM
It's 1.15 GB on PS4. 10 minutes left, will give my detailed impressions on the stamina when I get to try it out a bit.
 
# 3 Motown @ 01/21/15 04:00 AM
-Added 4 new fighters; Holly Holm, RDA,Eddie Alvarez, & Rumble Johnson

-Added a stamina penalty for missed & blocked shots.
-Added full body hit reactions to strikes while lunging.
-Tuned stamina for lunges
 
# 4 jb12780 @ 01/21/15 05:27 AM
Rumble is going to be fun to use with that 95 standup.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
 
# 5 DaveDQ @ 01/21/15 08:12 AM
I played about 4 fights online. The stamina difference is noticeable. I fought rampage and the guy just threw one heavy strike after another. His stamina fell quickly. I would like to see a low stamina drain halt your ability to absorb punches. I'm seeing a little more benefit to being patient. Not huge. I don't like how a guy that has lost so much stamina can still be quicker on his feet when I pursue him.

Overall, I see the difference and it is positive.
 
# 6 murph17 @ 01/21/15 08:32 AM
Go EA UFC team. Another awesome patch, putting the EA NHL team to shame in the support department.
 
# 7 RumbleCard @ 01/21/15 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I played about 4 fights online. The stamina difference is noticeable. I fought rampage and the guy just threw one heavy strike after another. His stamina fell quickly. I would like to see a low stamina drain halt your ability to absorb punches. I'm seeing a little more benefit to being patient. Not huge. I don't like how a guy that has lost so much stamina can still be quicker on his feet when I pursue him.

Overall, I see the difference and it is positive.
I can probably live with my opponent being able to run as long their strikes are noticeably penalized.

Anyone taken a spammer into the 3rd round? How is the long term stamina looking?

Sounds like the patch is an improvement. I won't be able to check it out until this evening. Looking forward to more reviews.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 01/21/15 11:37 AM
Just updated the OP, EA has confirmed that this will be the last content update for the game, as they shift their focus on the next game.
 
# 9 aholbert32 @ 01/21/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just updated the OP, EA has confirmed that this will be the last content update for the game, as they shift their focus on the next game.
I had a feeling but I cant be too mad. I was hoping for at least 10 DLC fighters and they gave us 22. This should keep me going until 2016 when the new game drops.
 
# 10 sportsfan8812 @ 01/21/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just updated the OP, EA has confirmed that this will be the last content update for the game, as they shift their focus on the next game.
When you say content update, do you mean fighters as well or just patches? I remember someone saying that we will continue to get new fighters until Jessica Eye finds her way into the game because she was confirmed awhile back.
 
# 11 aholbert32 @ 01/21/15 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
When you say content update, do you mean fighters as well or just patches? I remember someone saying that we will continue to get new fighters until Jessica Eye finds her way into the game because she was confirmed awhile back.
Content update means fighters as well. Eye said she would be in the game but EA never confirmed it. I seem to recall some other fighters have said the same thing.
 
# 12 sportsfan8812 @ 01/21/15 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Content update means fighters as well. Eye said she would be in the game but EA never confirmed it. I seem to recall some other fighters have said the same thing.
Damn, that's too bad. Can't complain too much though. I'm beyond pleased with the amount of fighters they added. I think they got everybody on my list aside from a handful of younger guys
 
# 13 DaveDQ @ 01/21/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I can probably live with my opponent being able to run as long their strikes are noticeably penalized.

Anyone taken a spammer into the 3rd round? How is the long term stamina looking?

Sounds like the patch is an improvement. I won't be able to check it out until this evening. Looking forward to more reviews.

I don't think their strikes are penalized except for speed. I took Rampage into round three because the guy using him was awful. He threw well over 200 strikes and connected with maybe 60. The problem was that he was rocking me while he stamina was depleted and mine was around 3/4.

With that being said, if you set up combos and counters against a guy like this, you can't take him out very quickly.
 
# 14 NYG_Meth @ 01/21/15 03:23 PM
Playing singleplayer, I haven't noticed ANY difference in the CPU's stamina despite them continuing to throw a ridiculous amount of strikes and kicks. Is it just me?
 
# 15 aholbert32 @ 01/21/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Playing singleplayer, I haven't noticed ANY difference in the CPU's stamina despite them continuing to throw a ridiculous amount of strikes and kicks. Is it just me?
I saw a slight difference but its all in the way you play. Remember its the number of missed strikes that matters when it comes to stamina now not the fact that they are throwing them. If they are landing most of the strikes there is no stamina tax.
 
# 16 NYG_Meth @ 01/21/15 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I saw a slight difference but its all in the way you play. Remember its the number of missed strikes that matters when it comes to stamina now not the fact that they are throwing them. If they are landing most of the strikes there is no stamina tax.
It's definitely draining, but I don't notice it draining much more than it used to. I think I was just expecting a bigger difference.
 
# 17 DaveDQ @ 01/21/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I saw a slight difference but its all in the way you play. Remember its the number of missed strikes that matters when it comes to stamina now not the fact that they are throwing them. If they are landing most of the strikes there is no stamina tax.

I wanted to comment on this point when the recent patch notes were announced. But I didn't want to sound like I am not appreciative of the patch.

GamePlay mentioned he was told that punches thrown that hit didn't need adjustment because when a punch hits it doesn't take as much energy as when missed. True, but in hand to hand combat, when you raise your hands, you are using energy, and even more energy when you start throwing. I understand impact absorbs energy so you don't follow through and have to pull back as when you miss, but you are still using much of your valuable core energy.

In many fights, when a guy absorbs strikes, and withstands them, it is certain that the one throwing will eventually "throw himself out" thereby leaving him highly susceptible to a KO.

I love the attention to the game updates, but EAC needs to sharpen their understanding of stamina and exactly what lack of it does to a fighter's ability to perform when it is drained.
 
# 18 ballin2k0 @ 01/21/15 05:08 PM
he ea if you just add tournement mode dlc id pay around 10 for it maybe that a work
 
# 19 MAGboyswifT27 @ 01/21/15 11:19 PM
Impressed with EA's updates on this UFC game. I'll definitely miss the updates because things always change in the UFC.. Now if the Madden team can make the same adjustments...
 
# 20 renome @ 01/22/15 02:07 AM
props, EA UFC!
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.