Home
NHL 15 News Post


EA Sports has released their NHL 15 roster update for the month of January, updating rosters to reflect the current lineups in the NHL, AHL, CHL, Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.

You can view all of the changes in this PDF file.

Quote:
Significant changes have also been made to player ratings across the NHL. These new player ratings will be reflected in all game modes including online play. These ratings have been updated based on individual player performances up until January 15, 2015.

GOING UP
  • Nikita Kucherov – Tampa Bay Lightning +4 (85)
  • Sami Vatanen – Anaheim Ducks +5 (84)
  • Jori Lehtera – St. Louis Blues +4 (84)
  • Filip Forsberg – Nashville Predators +5 (86)
  • Jakub Voracek – Philadelphia Flyers +3 (90)
GOING DOWN
  • Mike Richards – Los Angeles Kings -2 (85)
  • David Clarkson – Toronto Maple Leafs -2 (83)
  • Nicklas Backstrom – Minnesota Wild -4 (81)
  • Cody Hodgson – Buffalo Sabres -3 (81)
  • Mike Smith – Arizona Coyotes -4 (85)
ROSTER UPDATE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*:

Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
  • In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster)
  • In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
  • In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3:
  • In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
  • In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
  • In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
*NOTE: Your console must have internet connection to download this roster update.

Fire up those consoles and post your thoughts.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Semipro91 @ 01/16/15 02:55 PM
Love the update, its not as big as what I would of liked to have done, but I will take what I can get.

I wish NHL would do it more dynamically like 2K, It would be great to get the updates more frequently and experience players who are hot and cold.

As for changes, I would tweak a couple.

Tyler Johnson should be bumped a little higher, dude is enfuego right now.
David Pastrnak? I get its earlier but he looks good, he should get a bump.
Colin Wilson, He has been awesome lately. Maybe next update?
 
# 2 Semipro91 @ 01/16/15 02:56 PM
Love the update, its not as big as what I would of liked to have done, but I will take what I can get.

I wish NHL would do it more dynamically like 2K, It would be great to get the updates more frequently and experience players who are hot and cold.

As for changes, I would tweak a couple.

Tyler Johnson should be bumped a little higher, dude is enfuego right now.
David Pastrnak? I get its earlier but he looks good, he should get a bump.
Colin Wilson, He has been awesome lately. Maybe next update?
 
# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 01/16/15 04:28 PM
A few things-

This is FAR too late. They already lost most of people's interest in the game.

Those few ratings don't even look good. Mike Smith is statistically the worst goalie in the league right now and he's still rated that high. Mike Richards is an 85... maybe 5 years ago. It's absurd that he is only rated one point lower than Filip Forsberg.

And the worst thing of all- every player listed above is rated 80 or higher. There is no difference between players!

Please come back Revamped Rosters.
 
# 4 azy19 @ 01/16/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
Love the update, its not as big as what I would of liked to have done, but I will take what I can get.

I wish NHL would do it more dynamically like 2K, It would be great to get the updates more frequently and experience players who are hot and cold.

As for changes, I would tweak a couple.

Tyler Johnson should be bumped a little higher, dude is enfuego right now.
David Pastrnak? I get its earlier but he looks good, he should get a bump.
Colin Wilson, He has been awesome lately. Maybe next update?
Pastrnak is now 76 overall with an elite potential which I think is great, I would have put his overall a bit higher but considering EA standards, it's a good start.
 
# 5 believeinnow @ 01/16/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
A few things-

This is FAR too late. They already lost most of people's interest in the game.

Those few ratings don't even look good. Mike Smith is statistically the worst goalie in the league right now and he's still rated that high. Mike Richards is an 85... maybe 5 years ago. It's absurd that he is only rated one point lower than Filip Forsberg.

And the worst thing of all- every player listed above is rated 80 or higher. There is no difference between players!

Please come back Revamped Rosters.
you should probably look at the PDF. There are a lot of changes but OS just listed five increases and five descreases.
 
# 6 azy19 @ 01/16/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
you should probably look at the PDF. There are a lot of changes but OS just listed five increases and five descreases.
It appears as if not even the pdf has all the changes, considering that Pastrnak isn't listed there but in game there is an increase in his overall and potential.
 
# 7 Simple Mathematics @ 01/16/15 06:47 PM
I just looked at the PDF. That is a ridiculous amount of players rated 78-83. And that's not even half the players in the NHL. Seriously, there is no difference between the 4th liners and the 1st liners.
 
# 8 AdamJones113 @ 01/17/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
A few things-

This is FAR too late. They already lost most of people's interest in the game.

Those few ratings don't even look good. Mike Smith is statistically the worst goalie in the league right now and he's still rated that high. Mike Richards is an 85... maybe 5 years ago. It's absurd that he is only rated one point lower than Filip Forsberg.

And the worst thing of all- every player listed above is rated 80 or higher. There is no difference between players!

Please come back Revamped Rosters.
YES.

Mike Smith, aka Mr. 3.51 GAA and .885 SPCT HAD a 89 and then... got dropped a mere 4 points.

Simple, you are right. This is ridiculous.
 
# 9 ERA @ 01/17/15 12:44 PM
It's about damn time...
 
# 10 Sports360 @ 01/17/15 03:14 PM
This update was terrible , they missed the Dubnyk trade first off and then the line combinations were wrong . I don't understand how the NHL series is so lack luster when it comes to roster updates and every other game is on top off things like Madden for example. Pathetic
 
# 11 BCDX97 @ 01/17/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports360
This update was terrible , they missed the Dubnyk trade first off and then the line combinations were wrong . I don't understand how the NHL series is so lack luster when it comes to roster updates and every other game is on top off things like Madden for example. Pathetic
He got traded on the 15th. This was up on the 15th. How are they going to put in a trade after they submitted this? EA did a lot of stuff wrong, but not putting in a trade that hadn't happened yet isn't one of them.

If you think that's pathetic, there's something wrong with you.
 
# 12 CaptainSuperman @ 01/17/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I just looked at the PDF. That is a ridiculous amount of players rated 78-83. And that's not even half the players in the NHL. Seriously, there is no difference between the 4th liners and the 1st liners.

That is also a ridiculous amount of players who play professional hockey. If you start making 4th liners lower than 78, what will AHL players be rated? Junior players? Just like how all the teams in the NHL are rated high 80's, that is to take into account teams in the other leagues.

If Sidney Crosby is to be a 99, what would Filip Forsberg be? Anthony Mantha? A hypothetical high school player
 
# 13 jyoung @ 01/17/15 06:53 PM
The current ratings scale goes from 96 overall (Sidney Crosby, NHL) to 41 overall (Jakub Herman, Czech Extraliga).

So EA's still only using about 60% of their 0-100 rating scale, even with all of these minor leagues included in the game.

NHL 94's rating scale, by comparison, went from 100 overall (Mario Lemieux) to 29 overall (Greg Smyth).
 
# 14 rjviking11 @ 01/17/15 11:09 PM
Madden 15- Decent Roster Update once per week
MLB the show- Decent Roster update once per week
NBA 2k15- Great Roster update nearly EVERYDAY!!
NHL 15- innacurate (at best) roster update once a month, are you kidding me?! What exactly do these guys do all day. EANHL should be ashamed.
 
# 15 Simple Mathematics @ 01/18/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
That is also a ridiculous amount of players who play professional hockey. If you start making 4th liners lower than 78, what will AHL players be rated? Junior players? Just like how all the teams in the NHL are rated high 80's, that is to take into account teams in the other leagues.

If Sidney Crosby is to be a 99, what would Filip Forsberg be? Anthony Mantha? A hypothetical high school player
They need to use the entire scale. From 1 to 99. Or in EA's strange scale, from 36-99. A 4th line scrub in the juniors could be rated a 36, and Crosby could be around a 99. We spread out the ratings in the Revamped Rosters - although not to this extreme - and it worked wonderfully. It even made the CPU generated rookies fit in better because a 1st round draft pick actually has a chance at making your NHL roster - unlike in EA's roster, where a top 5 draft pick won't be able to crack your NHL lineup for 3 years.

With our rosters, the difference between Crosby and Parros is very noticeable. With EA's rosters, I can do spin-o-ramas all day long with Parros.
 
# 16 AdamJones113 @ 01/18/15 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
They need to use the entire scale. From 1 to 99. Or in EA's strange scale, from 36-99. A 4th line scrub in the juniors could be rated a 36, and Crosby could be around a 99. We spread out the ratings in the Revamped Rosters - although not to this extreme - and it worked wonderfully. It even made the CPU generated rookies fit in better because a 1st round draft pick actually has a chance at making your NHL roster - unlike in EA's roster, where a top 5 draft pick won't be able to crack your NHL lineup for 3 years.

With our rosters, the difference between Crosby and Parros is very noticeable. With EA's rosters, I can do spin-o-ramas all day long with Parros.
WHAT??? THEY'RE DIFFERENT??? BLASHPHEMY!

Yeah, Top-3 picks need to be better scaled or (better yet) progression has to be right. It shouldn't take McDavid 2 year before you feel comfortable putting him in the lineup and not sacrificing his poential.
 
# 17 Sports360 @ 01/18/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
He got traded on the 15th. This was up on the 15th. How are they going to put in a trade after they submitted this? EA did a lot of stuff wrong, but not putting in a trade that hadn't happened yet isn't one of them.

If you think that's pathetic, there's something wrong with you.
ok bud that still doesn't change their slow roster update pattern this game has when compared to other sports games, its terrible. Do not try and deny that fact.
 
# 18 Sports360 @ 01/18/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
Madden 15- Decent Roster Update once per week
MLB the show- Decent Roster update once per week
NBA 2k15- Great Roster update nearly EVERYDAY!!
NHL 15- innacurate (at best) roster update once a month, are you kidding me?! What exactly do these guys do all day. EANHL should be ashamed.
Im with you on that 100% theres no reason NHL 15 roster updates shouldn't be daily or weekly,anyone who disagrees is in denial.
 
# 19 ericromain @ 01/18/15 05:04 PM
Yeah, EA NHL should be keeping up with the benchmark average of other Pro sports titles. If their team can't keep up, they should give the power to the community to manage a master roster, and they take on a supporting role for the legal side.
 
# 20 shogunofharlem3 @ 01/18/15 05:05 PM
I agree with Simple Mathematics rating differentials, loved the Revamped Rosters.

May sound crazy but I always wanted a scale per league. So you could be a 99 in the AHL but if you came up to the NHL you'd maybe be a 55, but if you were in a system that fits you, 59. Just throwing numbers out there.

So each tier would have its best players in the 90s but as you were promoted you'd have to fit in to the "new" rating comparisons.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.