MLB 14 The Show News Post

Recently, we discussed what should be included in MLB 15 The Show. Understandably, there was a wide variety of responses of things fans want included in next year's game.

Let's face it, we're optimists about MLB 15 The Show because there's no reason not to be -- even though the game technically isn't announced yet. But we're wondering of the listed fixes, which do you think is the single most important thing to get right for next year in Sony's MLB franchise?

Sound off by voting and leave a comment with your depth chart on the biggest area which needs attention next year!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ChiefsKCMO88 @ 11/10/14 03:09 PM
Make it on Xbox One? Just a thought.

# 2 SmashMan @ 11/10/14 03:12 PM
I'm torn between presentation and franchise.

Franchise as it is now, is just spreadsheet after spreadsheet. There's nothing that really ties you to the league and presents it as a living, breathing experience.

Presentation - The commentary has been noted for the past few years, and with good reason. The Show has a wide array of commentary, one built upon years and years of recording. The flip side of that is that much of it was recorded in a way that doesn't lend itself to the easy storytelling and conversation pieces that occur in real life.

Much like Franchise Mode, it lacks a feeling of life. Overall, all the presentation pieces are there; the commentary, the overlays, etc. It just doesn't come together in an engaging way.

# 3 Mammoth_Mayhem @ 11/10/14 03:13 PM
The option to challenge a call!

# 4 rudyjuly2 @ 11/10/14 03:14 PM
A hitter's eye or batter's eye like 2K baseball or MVP had would be a huge option for me. That's the one feature really missing imo.

I'd like to see live spray charts for every batter in your franchise. That would be sweet.

# 5 thawkprime 21 @ 11/10/14 03:22 PM
A progressive injury system for franchise much like what NBA 2k15 has this year.

# 6 CaseIH @ 11/10/14 03:24 PM
Strategy on the diamond and improve franchise mode. Id like to see the AI managers make pitching changes on matchups as they dont really do that now nor has they ever in this game. Id like to see ticket prices, etc come back in franchise mode, but have impact this time around.

Not much really ever wrong with MLBTS gameplay wise from yr to yr, as these guys do a amazing job every year to put out the best sports game. So just better decision making by AI managers, and GM's is imo the most important thing that needs addressed.

Commentary could always use a upgrade, as with any game it gets repetitive, and I know Im in the minority but I have alwasy thought MLBTS comentary wasnt all that bad. I cant really stand Lyons, and Karros though, as they both sound like fools in this game, and IRL Karros is OK, lyons has always been annoying though. I like Matty V in the game, and IRL too, probably in the minority their too,lol.

# 7 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 11/10/14 03:26 PM
Smooth 60ps frame rate at all times including cutscenes.

# 8 MDgolf @ 11/10/14 03:46 PM
what he said gameplay has to be smooth or the franchise is dead to me. Use to be the best game period.

# 9 tkoui @ 11/10/14 03:48 PM
I'd like to see the AI not bunt with 2-outs and a runner on third 85% of the time. I'm not even talking a batter with speed and excellent bunting skills. Granted, I'm not playing the highest levels but still. Who does that?

Why does the HR distance not show up every time? Odd.

Also, SmashMan makes some excellent points.

# 10 markus48 @ 11/10/14 03:54 PM
I would love to see smoother animations of the pitcher releasing the ball and the hitter's bat making contact with the ball. It still seems very "early PS3-like" to me. I also think that the general running animations could use some work as well.

# 11 Majingir @ 11/10/14 03:59 PM
New commentary for sure. MLB The Show is my fave sports game series out there, but the thing it sucks at more than almost every other sports game(minus NHL) is the commentary.

They should try and make the commentary like how 2K has it, where it flows so well together and actually does sound like you're listening to a real broadcast.

# 12 redsox4evur @ 11/10/14 04:29 PM
Trade Logic, Free Agent Logic. Could care less about commentary because you can turn it off if you don't like it. So I usually just listen to my music in SOTS that I have in game.

# 13 aukevin @ 11/10/14 04:38 PM
I think the game plays pretty good and I don't care about online, so I voted for the presentation and commentary. Just need more work to make it seem more lifelike. Expanded stats, year to year dynamic commentary, etc.

# 14 Dubsonic @ 11/10/14 04:47 PM
Time it takes to complete a 9 inning game. "Quick Counts" was introduced but never properly executed. With the length of a baseball season being as long at it is, this must be address moving forward. As an armchair manager a 9 inning game should take no longer than 10 mins.

# 15 punkologist @ 11/10/14 04:50 PM
I would like to see it officially released in Australia!

# 16 Fuos1988 @ 11/10/14 04:52 PM
None of the above.
The Biggest Need for me in MLB 15 is a March release date.

# 17 sydrogerdavid @ 11/10/14 04:58 PM
On a scale in order to get more people to the game, online mode and presentation need to be improved.

On my self-centered scale, I want franchise mode to be greatly deepened.

# 18 Sco291 @ 11/10/14 05:07 PM
Let's be real, this has been the best sports sim of the last however many years now, and we have the best dev team in the sports gaming world creating a game that has mightily improved every single year with a few big leaps. HOWEVER, with next gen hardware (talking strictly PS4 gaming standpoint here), I feel that many of the issues nd gripes us fans have had for years now should, with some time, be completely addressed.

1.) Franchise - Like others have said, this mode lacks the most important thing with any sports sim - LIFE! I never feel engaged as if I'm in control of a team or trying to build a dynasty - there's nothing pulling you to go this way or that way, and no true rewards to the user or organization as a whole in the mode.

Aside from your basic off-season and winter events like free agency, draft picks, contracts (which is limited) - etc, Franchise is basically pick a team, spring training, start the season, play your games, maybe make some trades, play some more games,call some young people up, postseason, world series, offseason.

I just feel like there is nothing TRULY making me want to come back for another season, being that its franchise, and do it all over again. There's not a whole lot of immersion. I want to be able to do things like change field patterns at home, decide which advertisements are being displayed in my stadium as well as getting to decide WHERE THEY ARE PLACED, incentives included in contracts for players, some sort of pre-game and post-game show...

...show the commentators in the booth or some cheesy studio going over highlights nd show those fake interviews in the clubhouse where its just the players mouth moving and talking into the microphone...things like this which im sure others could add to would be massive step in the right direction with a mode thats been stale and lackluster for a couple years now.

2) Presentation and Commentary - I like Vasgersian, but how about dumping Karros and gettign Harold Reynolds. Regardless who is in the booth though, the flow of the commentary needs to be RE-DONE. Throw out all the old lines used in past variations and start fresh for a new console and those who still play on PS3. This severely needs to be worked on and the devs know this, maybe their resources are an issue or whatever but this would make the game feel brand new.

In terms of presentation....THE FRAME RATE DROPS ON THE CUTSCENES NEED...TO...STOP. Please, its PS4. Would be lovely if the entire game could at one point be 60fps. Oh damn. Other things such as national anthems with a big american flag in center field (after all it is americas past time), REAL FLY OVERS...(please?), flash bulbs in the crowd, how about an on field reporter?

These are some of the thoughts I've shared with others on here for years now and with the power of the PS4, I feel it's about time this brilliant and community-centered dev team should be able to accomplish sooner rather than later. More to come I'm sure haha, Cheers

# 19 ballzdeep @ 11/10/14 05:20 PM
Make your rtts career more interactive. When I first picked up this game that's what I was expecting but really its worse than most other sports games version of be a pro. Improved AI as I saw mentioned. bunting with two out and two strikes
Is really lame. Exp system is bad as well. Never understood how grounding into an inning ending double play is a better play than getting robbed of a home run but I you'll get rewarded more for the former. Lots of work to do

# 20 Joman66 @ 11/10/14 05:39 PM
I've seen nobody mention custom music.. so.. custom music?