Madden NFL 15 News Post

Both the NFL and Madden NFL 15 are hitting the midseason mark, gamers are undoubtedly fully in form with this year's Madden NFL. What have you settled on as a defensive scheme for your Madden NFL 15 squad? Are you running with mainly man coverage? Are you playing more zone? Are most of your plays a combination?

Sound off in our poll and let us know what your defensive philosophy is this year!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Haupt24 @ 11/03/14 03:48 PM
I mix it up. I like to blitz on 1st or 2nd down then hopefully I've forced a 3rd and medium/long and can run a Cover 2/3 zone and let the pass def do their job to get the ball back. I rarely ever run straight man coverage as I just don't trust the CPU players to cover crossing routes, etc.
# 2 Ghost Of The Year @ 11/03/14 04:12 PM
I can't rely on any one aspect. If I don't utilize man, zone and blitz, then I'm just asking to be beat.
# 3 dsk1317 @ 11/03/14 05:22 PM
With all the new coverage adjustments, it makes it easier and safer to mix up your coverages. Giving different looks on defense is a must, and you need to alternate between mofc and mofo looks. As far as blitzing is concerned, I try not to do it too often, and pick and choose my spots carefully.
# 4 LordHorc @ 11/03/14 05:41 PM
I used to run pure man in Madden 25 with plenty of success, but now I use a mix. In the first half, i usually switch between zone and man blitzes, that way they're forced to become one dimensional and pass the ball (I actually managed to hold a computer on All-Madden to 2 rushing yards this way... they only tried running it 5 times).

On obvious passing downs, i usually play zone for the bend-but-dont-break method.

Finally, once they're committed to the pass, i switch it up with man and zone, and occasionally send a safety in on a blitz.

I use this method against ppl and computers... works fairly well
# 5 Caleb_Tenacious @ 11/03/14 05:59 PM
i play as the D-Line man and attempt to get a sack..
Playing the CPU is frustrating though because every QB is perfect.
# 6 bigsmallwood @ 11/03/14 09:40 PM
4-3 defensive scheme mixing coverages and blitzes when necessary
# 7 Khanchus @ 11/04/14 12:46 PM
i have to mix it up

the frustrating part is when they have like 10 secs in the pocket and they wait for the recievers to break their route...if i am not in the vicinity with a safety i more than likely get burnt...thats my biggest hurdle

i like man defense tho the best....i would blitz more often if i had a better nickel corner or my safeties were a bit better ...i like using the ravens and their safeties are lacking in attributes but i love developing them

my dline is beast but i hardly get pressure with out a blitz....this is mostly against cpu.....against a user i am a lot more aggressive and really try to learn my opponent, if they have a bag of tricks and a lot of plays it makes it a fun challenge
# 8 BucksFan5Covers @ 11/04/14 09:05 PM
I use nothing but man for the most part. I usually have to switch to zone at halftime but that's only for a little but. I play with the Browns online and their secondary is better if used with man.
# 9 Cards_King70 @ 11/05/14 03:45 AM
I usually go with man to man because of low threshold and fast speed.
# 10 etfromsd @ 11/06/14 04:26 PM
All depends on your team really but given the choice: Zone Blitz is the way to go. Just play soft, four man rush for a while, then add pressure when needed until the QB gets paranoid and throws a crosser to a backer in a hook zone. Of course the dreaded 2 man under gets heavy use if its working.
# 11 jeekqing @ 11/20/14 04:39 AM
wait so if i dont own 2k and my friend does he can let me play his?

we like fifa 15 coins without reason