NBA 2K15 News Post

The multitude of online issues in NBA 2K15 are well documented at this point. Despite a claim that a fix was done -- there are still issues being reported around the community of connectivity issues, although the pace of complaints has definitely lessened.

How much does the initial online performance of NBA 2K15 affect you? Is it something which has affected your enjoyment of the game or not?

Sound off by voting in our poll and leave a comment describing your online experiences thus far and if you are having issues or not still!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 63 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 porkys8077 @ 10/13/14 12:27 PM
I only play offline

# 2 RipCityAndy @ 10/13/14 12:38 PM
When the game is ALWAYS online it matters. When the core of the marketing was about modes like MyPark (which is then linked to MyCareer) it must work. No excuses. Honestly it is surprising to me how high the NBA 2k15 ratings are considering the online functionality is very unstable.

It's like buying a cell phone that's advertised as having a ton of awesome apps and cool features only to realize that none of that cool stuff works. But then the phone gets really great reviews because the voice quality during phone calls has improved from the last model.

# 3 ghettofocker @ 10/13/14 12:40 PM
online doesnt matter to me, but when everything is linked to it then it has to work. I am not as pissed off as everyone else because there always kins in launches. As long as i doesnt get dragged out for weeks on end I will be fine

# 4 whoahello @ 10/13/14 12:44 PM
Online is a huge part of my gaming time spent. Team-up mode for NBA 2K. For all my games these basically determines whether I buy a game or not: A) It must have competitive online multiplayer. B)Lots of people playing the game. C)Good servers.

# 5 BMDinTDOT @ 10/13/14 12:49 PM
Since my playing days are over I still crave competition and
playing Online for the last 10 years has filled some of that void.

I have people on my friends list that I've played against for years
and I check their record and try to beat it. I'm always checking the
leaderboards to see how my stats shape up.

Playing the CPU isn't a challenge. I remember a few years ago thinking
of all sorts of cool ways Online can evolve in the future never thought
in a million years that online would become the joke it has become.

Truly disgusted/embarrassed for 2K

# 6 TheBadazz @ 10/13/14 01:12 PM
I'm offline. could care less. Online component is probably what's ruining the game. My player should have been a PSN/XBL add on for $5. That way, they have used the $$$ to address the servers.

# 7 truzoe @ 10/13/14 01:19 PM
Huge part im 8-3 and two 3 lost are from bad connection to the server

# 8 simcity24 @ 10/13/14 01:24 PM
This is the first year I have got into My Player or My career whatever they wanna call it. I just thank my lucky stars they made an offline association mode that is fully customizable. I used to despise the fact that last year when servers were down I couldn't even play my association/MyGm mode.

But regardless of what you or I play, NBA 2K has made online play including My Player their MAIN SELLING POINT. That is utterly disappointing considering the servers are worse than last year.

BUT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHEN ARE WE GOING TO MAKE A STAND AS CONSUMERS THAT THIS IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE. INSTEAD WE LINE UP AT MIDNIGHT TO PICK UP OUR PRE ORDER EVERY YEAR. WE NEED TO DEMAND FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR TWO BAD YEARS OF 2K GAMING NOW. WE DESERVE A FREE GAME BUT ATLEAST A DISCOUNTED GAME LIKE 2K USED TO SELL WHEN THEY WERE THE LITTLE FISH.

But now that NBA Live is a laughing stock they can continue to sell us a product that doesnt work and we continue to spend our $65 on it every year without regard.

# 9 JayAtkHar @ 10/13/14 01:37 PM
2k would be pretty boring if there were no online modes. CPU competition is not amazing to me. Although the game looks great but I don't get too excited for that. We enjoy the fight online. The problem is mycareer and mygm shouldn't be online. Just mypark and myteam obviously

# 10 Maxbeatzz @ 10/13/14 01:45 PM
This is why I bought the game... I was hoping I could enjoy it this way but I can't when there servers are destroyed...this brings there rating down to a 6 for all the hype they sold with the game. Face scanning servers and game modes...poor execution!

# 11 rgb3138 @ 10/13/14 02:15 PM
2k has made me so mad the past two years. I am a huge 2k fan I switched from live maybe in 2010 because 2ks gameplay just felt so much more real. To this day 2Ks game play is still way better than live and probably will be this yea (2015) as well. I play online though as do many other people that play any video game now. Its crazy 2K took away the online associations. Thats the main reason I played 2K was to stay in contact with my friends through online associations. Now 2K has implemented 2 offline modes of association my league and mygm. The same damn thing pretty much with different names. They promised the online leagues would have cpu vs player games... lie... they promised you can scan your face in the game... went to some crazy lengths to get above 2,500 reference points and still can't get my beautiful face in the game. And for the first few days if u did get a good scan it wouldn't even save it.
NBA 2k has let me down in a bunch of areas but Im definitely going to check NBA Live out this year. Everything 2K has to offer has an online component. Even if u play offline leagues you'd still use online to get updated rosters and download other peoples draft classes. NBA Live as a great opportunity to steal a lot of fans of 2K over to their side if they can put out an above average game. 2K needs the competition to get their *** back in gear about delivering on things they promised.

# 12 swimfunk @ 10/13/14 02:18 PM
I only play in online leagues so yea, not to happy with 2K right now.

# 13 jewelz1132 @ 10/13/14 02:24 PM
A lot.. Mainly because you don't have to play online matches at all and the online issues can ruin your experience with how 2K is now. Whether you're creating a player, editing depth charts, or anything in the menus, 2K's server issues will prompt an error and send you to the home screen over and over.

# 14 DblocW @ 10/13/14 02:36 PM
Sigh....I swear im a broken record on this....the offline modes are cool n everything....after all...THATS the ONLY place you see the presentation they worked on in terms of cuts scenes etc . .

I been playing Online Leages since their creation...now for two years str8 I feel as well as those i run a ONLINE league with cheated. Itll be a week tomorrow and everything we have done to Try to make what they gave us work (offline manual drafting, having to build these teams etc) the games dont record. The games are dropping. Its frustrating. Im beating a dead horse, ive youtubed my displeasure which the good, folk here at OS had posted in their article last 2K and even did a recent set of videos on my channel...im not pleased one damn bit.

Online iS important...this day and age where people work odd hours, have families, school etc....this is how we chill out when we cant go out like usual....idk may seem like im rambling but this has been my game. And to not have it where it should of been is disappointing.

Thx 4 reading

***END TRANSMISSION***

Youtube.com/nycemindright
@MISTAWELCOME on twitter

# 15 ostmostwanted @ 10/13/14 02:38 PM
As of now ‪#‎NBA2K15‬ is not fun smh... I really not feeling 2K right now this don't make no sense. You can't play the way you want to because of the servers and it's not making the game fun. They hyped up the game so much to get let down. Hopefully things will get better. "END OF RANT" lol

# 16 bdhill78 @ 10/13/14 03:03 PM
I mostly play offline, but I do use 2k Share for sliders or rosters. I like MYCAREER from time to time, but it's not the end of the world to play it offline.

# 17 RipCityAndy @ 10/13/14 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by simcity24

The sad part is this game has a Metascore of 86 (as of when I'm posting this). How is that justified when the game doesn't work!? I wish critics would be a little bit more objective when reviewing this game. Or maybe standards are just really, really low.

I'll vote with my wallet next year. 2k16 isn't getting my money next year regardless of how many awesome sounding, but ultimately broken features they pack into it.

# 18 DirtySouf @ 10/13/14 03:22 PM
I only play online so this sucks to infinity. I regret buying the digital copy because I would return the game ASAP...

# 19 misterkrabz @ 10/13/14 03:44 PM
Honestly, online functionality has been a train wreck for this franchise since I can remember. It has impacted my decision to buy (or more specifically, not buy). With Madden and FIFA I have enough gaming cycles there to bypass NBA 2k15. I'm actually more interested in the Live release this year. I know that sounds silly but between the technical problems (every year) of 2k, game play that is getting stale IMO and having enough good games to play at the moment I can wait to see if Live can bring anything to the table. If not I figure 2k might have their game fixed and I'll buy then if I need a new game.

# 20 Str0mTropper @ 10/13/14 03:49 PM
It matters to everybody cause if it doesn't work you can't play the damn game at all.