Home
NBA 2K15 News Post



If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 63 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 godylla @ 10/09/14 12:11 PM
Could this issue be resolved by 2k releasing a demo for future iterations a few weeks from release with an online component to test their servers and have a couple weeks to iron out issues before the release date?
 
# 2 Jadakiss88 @ 10/09/14 12:15 PM
@godylla I think if they actually beta test their servers they may be better off. They do show off the game to a select few but I believe honestly to understand their server capabilities and restraints they need to form some sort of beta testing group.


I actually was able to play MyCareer last night and early this morning...I was kicked out last night once after upgrading my player but was able to immediately pull it right back up with no issue.
 
# 3 VDusen04 @ 10/09/14 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.
 
# 4 King_B_Mack @ 10/09/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS


If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.

Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 5 etched Chaos @ 10/09/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.
I hate to say this, but it's VC, you cannot buy VC if you are offline. So we're suffering from horrible servers due to the greed of 2k, which is a crying shame.
 
# 6 The 24th Letter @ 10/09/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH....

Last year was supposed to be a wake up call..it's like they hit the snooze button...

http://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI
 
# 7 swac07 @ 10/09/14 12:29 PM
Smh how do you release every year ill prepared on the server side of things? Now that I dont understand about 2k.
 
# 8 godylla @ 10/09/14 12:31 PM
Well in their defense, they had people working for a whole year on these servers...
 
# 9 etched Chaos @ 10/09/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Well in their defense, they had people working for a whole year on these servers...
Were they top men?
 
# 10 jaateloauto @ 10/09/14 12:42 PM
Just about everything that includes the word online seems to be where 2K consistently messes up. Online leagues are a fraction of what they used to be, input lag online is terrible, servers don't work a lot of the time, auction house had a duplicate glitch and hasn't been online much at all, MyPark courts are glitched (in my case I don't even see anyone else in MyParks). No crew.
 
# 11 rspencer86 @ 10/09/14 12:44 PM
Death. Taxes. 2K severs taking a dump on release day.

There are only a few constants in life.
 
# 12 KushMayhem @ 10/09/14 12:45 PM
Has anyone gotten their ps4 digital pre order bonuses?? And what about missing items from the clothes store?
 
# 13 jyoung @ 10/09/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Were they top men?
Emmi Fournier, communications expert and chief troubleshooter for De Nice telephone company.

 
# 14 schnakenpopanz @ 10/09/14 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Just about everything that includes the word online seems to be where 2K consistently messes up. Online leagues are a fraction of what they used to be, input lag online is terrible, servers don't work a lot of the time, auction house had a duplicate glitch and hasn't been online much at all, MyPark courts are glitched (in my case I don't even see anyone else in MyParks). No crew.
exactly my feelings.if you like to play alone a single player moder like my league, you are fine. this may be your game. anything else esp online connectivity, is a shame for modern esp next gen video games.
next time look at their pr department and what they leave out.
 
# 15 King_B_Mack @ 10/09/14 12:58 PM
Last time I tried to play the game my MyPlayer was gone. They wanted me to make a new one. Thank god I hadn't started a career yet. I couldn't connect to the servers to load the NBA Today games and I've yet to be able to access MyTeam (I don't play that mode but I was testing if the server was working for me with it and I kept getting an error message whenever I went to it. Not to mention the fact that I never was able to reset the 2Ktv code. Needs to be better man. Needs to be better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 16 Superman38134 @ 10/09/14 01:04 PM
I personally feel as if this hasn't received as much recognition as it should from the mainstream gaming sites and media. Just a year ago when games like Battlefield and Sim city released with similar woes, it was all over multiple sites and you practically couldn't get away from the coverage. But as it seems that perhaps a smaller segment of gaming journalists are sports and sports gaming fans, that debacles like this get largely overlooked and go virtually unnoticed, except by those like us directly affected by it. If next months Call of Duty or Assassins Creed released with similar issues, it would be front and center on every site and discussed on every podcast. With NBA 2k being arguably the biggest sports franchise currently on the market and one of the most popular titles released yearly, why does it deserve less scrutiny and in turn, we as consumers, less respect?
 
# 17 VDusen04 @ 10/09/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I personally feel as if this hasn't received as much recognition as it should from the mainstream gaming sites and media. Just a year ago when games like Battlefield and Sim city released with similar woes, it was all over multiple sites and you practically couldn't get away from the coverage. But as it seems that perhaps a smaller segment of gaming journalists are sports and sports gaming fans, that debacles like this get largely overlooked and go virtually unnoticed, except by those like us directly affected by it. If next months Call of Duty or Assassins Creed released with similar issues, it would be front and center on every site and discussed on every podcast. With NBA 2k being arguably the biggest sports franchise currently on the market and one of the most popular titles released yearly, why does it deserve less scrutiny and in turn, we as consumers, less respect?
I thought the scrutiny they received last year was pretty much properly proportional to the product. It's the biggest sports franchise, but I feel it may still pale in comparison to the likes of Call of Duty, probably by a long shot, so if COD were having those same problems, it'd make sense it'd create even more of an uproar. But 2K surely had their name dragged about last year.

Here's one titled "If You Combined Battlefield and Forza's Outages, You'd Have NBA 2K14": http://kotaku.com/if-you-combined-ba...oud-1492456387
 
# 18 demencia_total @ 10/09/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Were they top men?
The real question is, do these top men get demoted to bottom children after all this?
 
# 19 RipCityAndy @ 10/09/14 01:12 PM
I'm surprised this article is only coming out today. Tuesday and Wednesday were PAINFUL experiences for me. In fairness to 2k, last night I was finally able to complete a couple of games in MyCareer (and even spend my VC on upgrades!!!), but apparently that was just a flash in the pan. I still have 0 confidence with being able to keep my face scan (which was never even passable in the first place). I'm using a preset for now. I tried a MyPark game last night and I became trapped on a "Got Next" circle. Had to reboot the xbone. Anyone excited to play MyPark or JordanRec Center should consider themselves warned.

On a scale from 1 - 10, I give my overall experience a 3 so far.

These new servers are bad
and you should feel bad, 2k.
 
# 20 BMDinTDOT @ 10/09/14 01:19 PM
What a complete disgrace...

First NFL 2K, NHL 2K, MLB 2K and the great tennis game are
extinct...

Now NBA 2K has been a disaster on Next gen if you're buying
WWE 2K be very afraid...

There is absolute brain dead morons calling the shots in that
company...

When a company releases a product that has a vital service with
it that doesn't work properly and they refuse to acknowledge it and
do something about it...

Then some serious alarm bells need to start ringing...

The nostalgia of past great NBA 2K games will start wearing off with
consumers and people will either buy Live or not buy it at all and play
old 2K games...

Then this game will go extinct like their other sports games and the
whole sports game industry gets affected...

What on earth is going on with these boneheads in the 2K sports offices?
 

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.