08:53 AM - October 1, 2014 by Steve_OS
The Forza Horizon 2 team has fixed the VIP issues many were having with the game and continue to work on the stability of the servers.
- We have implemented a server-side fix for those players who have experienced issues with VIP functionality in Forza Horizon 2. With this fix, expected VIP behaviors should work as intended in the game (VIP badge next to your GT, 2x VIP wheelspins, VIP Car Pack cars cost zero credits on first purchase, etc.) As a precaution, we recommend you quit your current game of Horizon 2 and restart the game in order to see the corrected VIP functionality.
- Some players who were part of the Xbox One October Preview program were experiencing crashing and freezing in Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5. An update was released earlier today and should be available to all Preview participants by tomorrow night. This update to the Xbox One OS should resolve those issues.
- We have resolved the issue that allowed players to double-purchase VIP and/or the Forza Horizon 2 bundles. This should no longer be possible. We are currently investigating solutions for players that purchased this content more than once.
- Some of our social features, like Rivals, livery sharing, etc. are seeing inconsistent performance for some of our players. While these features are generally working, some of them are performing more slowly than is ideal. The team is working to improve our online service performance.
- Once the servers are stabilized, we will then get to sending out payouts for loyalty rewards cars, Forza Rewards payouts, etc.