01:16 AM - September 17, 2014 by Steve_OS
Ronnie2K and LD2K hosted another Twitch stream last night (you can watch the archive here), as they discussed the new badge system and some other things mixed in. The team has decided to go away from Signature Skills.
LD2K pointed out quite a few details from the stream on Twitter and we have listed some of them below. A blog will arrive soon with more details.
- NBA 2K15: 77 total badges. 28 of them are categorized as "personality badges" effecting hot/cold streaks, ambient animations & facial exp's.
- The rest are categorized as "Skill Badges" which have 3 tiers - Bronze, Silver, Gold.
- These are categorized as outside scoring, inside scoring, athleticism, playmaking, and rebounding.
- NBA players can have up to 70 badges and skill badges are not limited to one tier. LeBron currently has the most with 47 total badges.
- In MyCAREER, badges are EARNED based on your play, how you respond to situations in scenes and how good your regular attributes are.
- NBA Players can't have all 77 badges because some conflict (ie: a player can't have both ALPHA Dog and BETA Dog).
- 6,000 new animations, deep defensive settings, new shot system & streamlined gameplay w/ legacy issues addressed...
- Defense is also categorized in the skill badges.
- This will highlight role players better than ever! Paired with the game play improvements &ratings system, badges are phenomenal in NBA 2K15
- The crowd will erupt during big plays and 4th quarter games are absolutely bananas. One of my fav. thing about NBA 2K15. Adrenaline rush!
- The crowd will empty out of the arena during blowouts... Empty seats means you need to step your game up!