Home
NBA 2K15 News Post


Calling a time-out in NBA 2K15 when you don't have any left, will result in a technical foul, according to LD2K. While it has been in the game before, it wasn't in last year. Don't be this guy.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 63 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sundown @ 09/10/14 12:03 PM
So Chris Webber was playing?

Now get him on the broadcast team.
 
# 2 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 12:20 PM
Still waiting for the day when we can argue foul calls/no-calls and get realistic techs and flagrants all around, instead of a few random ones from swearing at Kinect (or calling a time-out and having it register as a bad word).
 
# 3 8KB24 @ 09/10/14 12:34 PM
Could this mean that players like DMC, Kobe and KD would get the most techs or just another BS tech feature for Kinect?
 
# 4 countryboy @ 09/10/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Still waiting for the day when we can argue foul calls/no-calls and get realistic techs and flagrants all around, instead of a few random ones from swearing at Kinect (or calling a time-out and having it register as a bad word).
you saved me from typing out the exact same thing.
 
# 5 SouthBeach @ 09/10/14 12:54 PM
I remember in the 90s, there was a prominent basketball game where you could get a technical foul called against you for calling a timeout when you had none remaining.
 
# 6 stillfeelme @ 09/10/14 01:26 PM
A small change for something very real that makes a big difference.
 
# 7 threattonature @ 09/10/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Still waiting for the day when we can argue foul calls/no-calls and get realistic techs and flagrants all around, instead of a few random ones from swearing at Kinect (or calling a time-out and having it register as a bad word).
I would definitely love that. You talking about taking realism to the next level. Imagine if they had different referees with different personalities. They could have a veteran official likely to cave in to the pressure and start showing more leeway to the person that did the arguing. Or a veteran official that is quick to call technicals or who is upset at being challenged and starts calling the game even tighter against who was arguing. Tie that in with individual player personalities and that could be sick.
 
# 8 lakers24 @ 09/10/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
I would definitely love that. You talking about taking realism to the next level. Imagine if they had different referees with different personalities. They could have a veteran official likely to cave in to the pressure and start showing more leeway to the person that did the arguing. Or a veteran official that is quick to call technicals or who is upset at being challenged and starts calling the game even tighter against who was arguing. Tie that in with individual player personalities and that could be sick.
MLB The Show has something like that where there are different umps each game and all of them call things different, especially the behind the plate ump. Each game the strike zone is different.
 
# 9 eko718 @ 09/10/14 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
I would definitely love that. You talking about taking realism to the next level. Imagine if they had different referees with different personalities. They could have a veteran official likely to cave in to the pressure and start showing more leeway to the person that did the arguing. Or a veteran official that is quick to call technicals or who is upset at being challenged and starts calling the game even tighter against who was arguing. Tie that in with individual player personalities and that could be sick.
This is something I've always wanted to see. Not just from a personality standpoint but also with how they call a game; whether quick with the whistle, or allowing guys to play through contact. Ref tendencies/profiles could moderate that.
 
# 10 catfish9-5 @ 09/10/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
So Chris Webber was playing?

Now get him on the broadcast team.
There should have been no more posts after this one. Classic.
 
# 11 jaxman @ 09/10/14 02:27 PM
They should make a meter. The meter indicates the calls in your favor. You could increase/decrease it by arguing. But doing this to much could result in a technical or ejection or even increasing the calls against you for the other team.

Just a wild idea
 
# 12 KyotoCarl @ 09/10/14 02:31 PM
Hasn't that been in the game for years?
 
# 13 VDusen04 @ 09/10/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Hasn't that been in the game for years?
I believe in years past, if one were out of time-outs, pressing the time-out button would simply yield no response.
 
# 14 KyotoCarl @ 09/10/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I believe in years past, if one were out of time-outs, pressing the time-out button would simply yield no response.
I've always gotten a tech in 2k games as I recall
 
# 15 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 03:08 PM
Wasn't there a NBA Live where an arguing animation would play out, and if you didn't press anything you would end up getting a tech?
 
# 16 kadzier @ 09/10/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
I remember in the 90s, there was a prominent basketball game where you could get a technical foul called against you for calling a timeout when you had none remaining.
you could do this in NBA Live 97 for the SNES, randomly remember it. lol
 
# 17 BluFu @ 09/10/14 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
This is something I've always wanted to see. Not just from a personality standpoint but also with how they call a game; whether quick with the whistle, or allowing guys to play through contact. Ref tendencies/profiles could moderate that.
fifa 14 has that too. they've got like 40+ refs that will call the game their own way (some are more lenient with regular fouls while some are super harsh with anything). they're not all unique but a lot are
 
# 18 yellow86 @ 09/10/14 04:48 PM
I think there should be an option to react to a call:
A) running away - random tech
B) stare at the referee (X) - random tech, less likely tech
C) talk to him (triangle) - random tech, likely tech
D) make hand signals (O) - random tech, more likely
E) go nuts / throw tantrum (square) - tech!
 
# 19 24ct @ 09/10/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
MLB The Show has something like that where there are different umps each game and all of them call things different, especially the behind the plate ump. Each game the strike zone is different.
This is true for all refs.
I hope 2K is taking notes. Or maybe we can get them to add this now lol
 
# 20 reptilexcq @ 09/10/14 04:53 PM
I thought you're talking about getting TECH for trash talking on the mic...but getting tech while calling timeout when you have none is not cool. I would think it's going to annoy some people. What IS the point of putting that in the game anyway.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.