10:56 AM - August 25, 2014 by MMChrisS
Madden NFL 15 is here for everyone tomorrow. With the review process finished here at OS, I was able to get the chance to enjoy the game moreso than critically assess it this weekend.
In my entire playtime of Madden, there are five things abundantly clear about this year's title for OS'ers, these are the five things you need to know about Madden for launch day:
- Defense is truly better. I mean this in the you really don't want to skip over defense again type of way. It's now as much fun as offense if you let it.
- The Game plays more realistic and balanced football. It's not perfect, but you'll need to use some real football ideas and strategies to succeed.
- Connected Franchise has a few problems at launch, so you will need to be considerate of that if you pick the game up. The QB sim stats issue in particular affects the game big time in future years.
- The new community playcalling is a gimmick, but there are ideas within it that will make you really love what EA is doing. My biggest wish is that the total times a play was called would apply to your current game only (or if there was an option for that).
- While this game needs a patch or two to even out some of its rough edges, this game is well worth your time as an NFL fan. If you aren't the biggest fan of Sundays in the Fall, you may wait to see what patches do for the game.