Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

IGN has posted the entrances for Goldust and Randy Orton in WWE 2K15. Post your thoughts!




Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigbob @ 08/22/14 02:57 PM
I wish they'd quit showing videos of live events..

..oh wait..
 
# 2 HoundsOfHowl @ 08/22/14 03:33 PM
Wow amazing. Can't wait
 
# 3 UMhester04 @ 08/22/14 04:02 PM
Graphics are just sick
 
# 4 The GIGGAS @ 08/22/14 04:09 PM
The accuracy of Orton sans pants.

The entrance Lawler though, woof. Terrible. It can't be a bit better?

"And the fans are looking forward to seeing Orton face off tonight against John Cena in this hotly-contested matchup."

You have one stitch point to put in the opponent's name, and it's millions of times better than "Ahh listen to this place, everyone's on their feet, I love this atmosphere". What a total throwaway line.
 
# 5 SmashMan @ 08/22/14 04:27 PM
Overall, I'm not that impressed.

Graphically, it's a huge, HUGE step over what we had, both in characters and environments. The various entrance screens actually look like LED structures now, which is awesome.

The animations (the two we've just seen) are so lifeless. Goldust might even be the same exact entrance as his WWE 13, which I believe was actually recycled from another previous game.

Lighting is mixed - the lights are more clear, and I love being able to see the individual spotlights shining on the crowd. On the flip side, I wish the ring itself wasn't lit as much during the entrances so Goldust's yellow and Orton's strobe lighting could stand out more. I also wish Orton's strobes would be correctly timed to the guitar, but Yukes' has never gotten that right, so I wasn't expecting it this year.

I would ditch the commentary unless they can do something interesting with it. These generic phrases just suck.
 
# 6 cdub71323 @ 08/22/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
The accuracy of Orton sans pants.

The entrance Lawler though, woof. Terrible. It can't be a bit better?

"And the fans are looking forward to seeing Orton face off tonight against John Cena in this hotly-contested matchup."

You have one stitch point to put in the opponent's name, and it's millions of times better than "Ahh listen to this place, everyone's on their feet, I love this atmosphere". What a total throwaway line.
Since it's those two wrestlers, I would imagine this is the Gamescom version and probably incredibly stripped down, especially in terms of commentary.

I wouldn't be too quick to rag on the commentary yet until we see the complete build.
 
# 7 TheVinylHippo @ 08/22/14 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Overall, I'm not that impressed.

Graphically, it's a huge, HUGE step over what we had, both in characters and environments. The various entrance screens actually look like LED structures now, which is awesome.

The animations (the two we've just seen) are so lifeless. Goldust might even be the same exact entrance as his WWE 13, which I believe was actually recycled from another previous game.

Lighting is mixed - the lights are more clear, and I love being able to see the individual spotlights shining on the crowd. On the flip side, I wish the ring itself wasn't lit as much during the entrances so Goldust's yellow and Orton's strobe lighting could stand out more. I also wish Orton's strobes would be correctly timed to the guitar, but Yukes' has never gotten that right, so I wasn't expecting it this year.

I would ditch the commentary unless they can do something interesting with it. These generic phrases just suck.
That was the first thing I was looking for when I watched Orton's entrance. That has bothered me for a long time, and it doesn't seem to be any different. If this is how his entrance will be in the final build of the game, that would be very disappointing. I'll wait for the official entrance to be posted on WWE 2K's YouTube page before I'm actually disappointed, though.
 
# 8 The GIGGAS @ 08/22/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
Since it's those two wrestlers, I would imagine this is the Gamescom version and probably incredibly stripped down, especially in terms of commentary.

I wouldn't be too quick to rag on the commentary yet until we see the complete build.
You know, you have a solid point. I'll hold out that the commentary will be better than that, although there's a solid argument that those interstitials may not change. I am 100% sure that commentary in-match will be improved due to having the commentary guys in the same recording booth to record.

Either way, I'm complaining about something really small. I can overlook a throwaway line that's not intended to be anything interesting.
 
# 9 eaterofworlds888 @ 08/22/14 04:47 PM
Looks great. I like how the commentators are louder than the audience this year. Last year you could barely hear Lawler
 
# 10 CaliDude916 @ 08/22/14 05:13 PM
Incredible. Absolutely can't wait for this game to drop.
 
# 11 Reed1417 @ 08/22/14 05:50 PM
Just minor complaints from me. First thing I noticed was that the commentary by Lawler is the same as last year,generic. And Randy's lights aren't in tune with the guitar. Again minor stuff that we have addressed but I'm still super hyped for this game. Bring it on 2k!


Reed is comin' atcha!!
 
# 12 King_B_Mack @ 08/22/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Well at least they don't mention the WWE Network every ten seconds...
But for just an extra $9.99 they can if you'd like.
 
# 13 Peter_OS @ 08/22/14 07:32 PM
Graphics look great!

but the commentary is non-existent.
 
# 14 Reed1417 @ 08/22/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceeWarrior
They even said they were going to match it up.

I do remember that but we'll find out once the final build is shown. I assume it was an early build at Gamescom. On the topic of Goldust though....I wonder if his paint will fade as the match goes on that would be sweet.


Reed is comin' atcha!!
 
# 15 bigbob @ 08/22/14 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Overall, I'm not that impressed.

Graphically, it's a huge, HUGE step over what we had, both in characters and environments. The various entrance screens actually look like LED structures now, which is awesome.

The animations (the two we've just seen) are so lifeless. Goldust might even be the same exact entrance as his WWE 13, which I believe was actually recycled from another previous game.

Lighting is mixed - the lights are more clear, and I love being able to see the individual spotlights shining on the crowd. On the flip side, I wish the ring itself wasn't lit as much during the entrances so Goldust's yellow and Orton's strobe lighting could stand out more. I also wish Orton's strobes would be correctly timed to the guitar, but Yukes' has never gotten that right, so I wasn't expecting it this year.

I would ditch the commentary unless they can do something interesting with it. These generic phrases just suck.
I'm 99% sure every single entrance has been redone with mo-cap for the next-gen version.
 
# 16 JoeMimic @ 08/23/14 02:18 AM


It's identical to WWE 13.
 
# 17 SmashMan @ 08/23/14 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I'm 99% sure every single entrance has been redone with mo-cap for the next-gen version.
I thought that was in an article somewhere, but I watched Goldust's WWE 13 and 2K15 entrances side by side. They're the exact same, so maybe whichever article that was, was wrong. I didn't compare Orton.
 
# 18 TheVinylHippo @ 08/23/14 04:00 AM


There you go, SmashMan.

It's amazing how much better it looks, but I'm going to go take a stab in the dark and say that this entrance probably wasn't newly mo-capped for WWE 2K15.
 
# 19 bigbob @ 08/23/14 05:31 AM
 
# 20 woody2goody @ 08/23/14 06:35 AM
It does look fantastic though, especially in 1080p.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.