Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post


Early access to Madden NFL 15 has arrived for EA Access subscribers.

Exclusive to Xbox One users, EA Access subscribers get six hours of gameplay. So make sure you close out of the app when it's not in use. The timer starts when you start the game and pauses when you exit and close the app.

UPDATE: EA Access subscribers can download it, but can't actually play it. We will update when they get it working...

UPDATE #2: Just received this Twitter response from EA Access.

UPDATE #3: Everything works now, post your impressions in the new post.

Quote:
Hey Steve, we're aware of an issue with the trial. Microsoft is working on a fix. We'll make sure everyone gets their full time.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TLizChosen @ 08/21/14 10:26 AM
Install happening now
 
# 2 Madd4400 @ 08/21/14 10:26 AM
You can't play it til 12:00pm est
 
# 3 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/21/14 10:26 AM
I was just going to post this. I'm at 8% already.
 
# 4 iiitroy @ 08/21/14 10:27 AM
Also downloading it now
 
# 5 CWSapp757 @ 08/21/14 10:30 AM
This may be a dumb question but im going to ask. If I were to download this and then go to work, it would not open itself (therefore draining my six hours) once it completed the download would it?
 
# 6 Instant C1a55ic @ 08/21/14 10:30 AM


Good deal, this is why I took an extra day off!
 
# 7 jpc7734 @ 08/21/14 10:33 AM
Hey everyone, long time reader first post but just thought I'd share if you are like me and at work this morning/afternoon I was able to purchase it on my phone using the XBOX One smartglass app on windows phone. (assuming is same for smart glass across board and probably xbox online store.)


Just head into the store, sign in and go to games will have madden 15 and a button that says get it free with access and as long as your xbox is set to automatically download things and isn't in energy saving mode it'll be ready to go when you get home!


Happy Madden Season!
 
# 8 iiitroy @ 08/21/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
3% but heres a question.... Does this download time count as time against the 6 hours since the EA Access application is open while its downloading?
No timer starts when you first load the game
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 08/21/14 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd4400
You can't play it til 12:00pm est
Already downloaded and confirmed? Can you capture the screenshot it shows for me?
 
# 10 DeuceZeroz @ 08/21/14 10:39 AM
If you click madden 15 bundle, it will allow you to purchase as well.
 
# 11 jpc7734 @ 08/21/14 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc7734
Hey everyone, long time reader first post but just thought I'd share if you are like me and at work this morning/afternoon I was able to purchase it on my phone using the XBOX One smartglass app on windows phone. (assuming is same for smart glass across board and probably xbox online store.)


Just head into the store, sign in and go to games will have madden 15 and a button that says get it free with access and as long as your xbox is set to automatically download things and isn't in energy saving mode it'll be ready to go when you get home!


Happy Madden Season!

Just an edit not sure if it's cause I already started downloading mine but the xbox store on the web doesn't appear to let me start the download the app worked no problem though. Again could just be because my xbox is already downloading it (or so it says )
 
# 12 Clappington @ 08/21/14 10:43 AM
Wow no madden 15team up? lmao come on EA im glad im getting this 6 hours to try this game out.
 
# 13 Maddenaddictive50 @ 08/21/14 10:44 AM
Man I gotta wait until way later tonight. but I think I'm gonna jump on this just to play some Madden tonight. Gotta check out the new game do addictive to it ha. I'll pay the five bucks. How are the down load times going?
 
# 14 vagrantwade @ 08/21/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Already downloaded and confirmed? Can you capture the screenshot it shows for me?
Finished here in Iowa and it let me in the game. I am seeing nothing to stop me as it connected. Maybe he is on the west coast or Mountain time. 10:45am here.
 
# 15 ricky24 @ 08/21/14 10:46 AM
Just started my download. Will play a game or two after work.
 
# 16 Gorilla Glass @ 08/21/14 10:47 AM
It can also be preordered from the smartglass for $53.
 
# 17 Instant C1a55ic @ 08/21/14 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwade
Finished here in Iowa and it let me in the game. I am seeing nothing to stop me as it connected. Maybe he is on the west coast or Mountain time. 10:45am here.
I think the 12:01 they see is for release day no?

I thought i read somewhere else EA tweeted it wasnt gonna be available until after 12:00pm PDT.
 
# 18 huskerfan4life @ 08/21/14 10:48 AM
so am I understanding this right the X1 EA access to madden is only 6 hours and not unlimited
 
# 19 ricky24 @ 08/21/14 10:48 AM
Yes 6 hours.
 
# 20 vagrantwade @ 08/21/14 10:52 AM
The preorder bundle sounds like the ultimate edition...so this means by going digital I actually save over $20 off the ultimate edition with Access...sounds like great value to me.

http://imgur.com/tYgjf5T

This would be ~$77 with tax for me retail. So EA Access saved me $25.
 


Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.