Home
PES 2015 News Post


WENB has posted their PES 2015 hands-on preview. They talk about graphics, animations, and plenty about gameplay. Make sure you give it a read.

Quote:
Moving onto the gameplay, the action on the pitchÖ You know, where it matters. This is where PES 2015 truly excels. Just after one game I could tell the difference compared to the E3 code, it was night and day. Being the guy I am, I proceeded to play several more (lost count how many) to the point where we (Gari and I) had to be kindly asked to leave the PES area at the Konami business booth. Thatís dedication! Point is, it felt as good to play PES 2015 at Gamescom from the first to the very last time, and there are a number of reasons behind this. One of the main ones? Keepers. Theyíve gone from shocking to very good. No, Iím not joking. The keepers are actually solid now. I played plenty of matches at Gamescom and not once did a keeper error ruin a match or result in a cheap goal. Thatís right, not even once. At E3 and Old Trafford almost every match was impacted by a keeper error, so the work the PES team have done since then is astonishing. From error prone and shoddy to solid and reliable. Not just that, each keeper now has traits of his real life counterpart. So Manuel Neuer for instance makes himself intimidatingly big in one-on-one situations, something which I found out when I tried to dink the ball over him a few times. On the other hand, someone like Jasper Cillessen is more agile and prone to some stunning point blank stops, a fact Gari found out when he thought he was sure to score with Neymar in the box! The transformation is actually incredible, almost hard to believe. Itís true though, PES finally has solid keepers. Spread the word!

Game: PES 2015Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
PES 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RoyceDa59 @ 08/18/14 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting this Steve. I just finished reading this and it all sounds very promising! I still would like to hear/read more about fouls and possession % battle (Even though it sounds like this might be fixed). Looking forward to the demo next month!
 
# 2 bxphenom7 @ 08/18/14 12:47 PM
YESSSSSSSS, read that article, lengthy, but full of goodness!
 
# 3 Ermolli @ 08/18/14 01:13 PM
I'm tired of reading year after year previews saying "PES is back"/"The king is back" then every time the game releases people get disappointed, one should be saying that after the game ships and not from an early build, one of the reasons why I read PES previews with a grain of salt.

Also saying that keepers are fixed has to be a lie, there's been several videos showing how bad they still are, bad positioning, lack of lateral steps before diving, not extending fully their arms on save attempts and reacting late instead of anticipating shots.
I'll have to play the demo and watch gameplay before making a decision instead of reading misleading previews like the ones I've been reading from PES for years.
 
# 4 RandyBass @ 08/18/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
...You can play a proper passing game, mimicking the real life style of teams such as Spain, Netherlands or Italy. Even the AI will do this...
Nice!

Just hope by November they get proper fouls in. Would be a shame to have the game undermined by a lack of fouls.
 
# 5 RoyceDa59 @ 08/18/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I'm tired of reading year after year previews saying "PES is back"/"The king is back" then every time the game releases people get disappointed, one should be saying that after the game ships and not from an early build, one of the reasons why I read PES previews with a grain of salt.

Also saying that keepers are fixed has to be a lie, there's been several videos showing how bad they still are, bad positioning, lack of lateral steps before diving, not extending fully their arms on save attempts and reacting late instead of anticipating shots.
I'll have to play the demo and watch gameplay before making a decision instead of reading misleading previews like the ones I've been reading from PES for years.
I hear you, we have been burned plenty of times on previews but there are still some interesting tidbits. Like you I remain very apprehensive but I can tell they are leaping in the right direction this year. We shall see.
 
# 6 TheLetterZ @ 08/18/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I hear you, we have been burned plenty of times on previews but there are still some interesting tidbits. Like you I remain very apprehensive but I can tell they are leaping in the right direction this year. We shall see.
It's additionally difficult due to the later release date this year.
 
# 7 RoyceDa59 @ 08/18/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
It's additionally difficult due to the later release date this year.
It is not so bad, we have gotten use to them releasing it in September for the last few years but it hasn't worked in their advantage. I think they release they just need to focus on releasing a great product instead of trying to go head to head with FIFA on there release date. Plus I remember us NA players getting Winning Eleven in Feb. and March several years back, THAT was brutal.
 
# 8 TheLetterZ @ 08/18/14 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
It is not so bad, we have gotten use to them releasing it in September for the last few years but it hasn't worked in their advantage. I think they release they just need to focus on releasing a great product instead of trying to go head to head with FIFA on there release date. Plus I remember us NA players getting Winning Eleven in Feb. and March several years back, THAT was brutal.
It's not TOO bad. It's just that I'm already itching for a new soccer game. FIFA comes out in one month and PES releases in three months. I generally prefer PES, but I do like FIFA 14 on PS4. In the end, there's a good chance I end up getting both. But if they released at the same time, I might get only PES.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.