05:05 PM - August 12, 2014 by Steve_OS
IGN went hands on with WWE 2K15, and the results of the early play session seem to be pretty impressive.
- WWE 2K15 feels 'different'. It's a 'wrestling sim'.
- Grappling system is more realistic. You won't be opening up matches with DDTs anymore.
- Striking system is more deliberately paced, more in line with how people really punch and kick.
- The four intermediary grapple stances are gone. Once you’re out of the opening chain-wrestling phase, you just press or hold the grapple button along with a direction to launch right into a move.
- The rings are characters are now properly scaled which results in believable pacing for Irish whips, running the ropes, etc.
- A new stamina system will punish players who move too much to avoid attacks. You will see wrestlers get burnt out.