12:02 PM - August 12, 2014 by Steve_OS
The Sony PlayStation Gamescom 2014 Press Conference is starting now, watch it here.
UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.
Addendum: Here are a few things you might've missed being announced which are coming to the 2.0 software version for the PS4.
- Sharing of videos to YouTube directly from the console.
- Share Play, the ability to co-op play games you don't even own with friends, completely remotely.
- "The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode."
- Enhanced What's New feed.
- Version 2.0 is coming this Fall, will be available to download for existing PS4 owners.