Home
NHL 15 News Post


EA Sports has continued to reveal NHL 15 player ratings today with the top rated centers, along with new screenshots of each player.
  • Sidney Crosby - 96 Overall
  • Steven Stamkos - 93 Overall
  • Jonathan Toews - 93 Overall
  • Pavel Datsyuk -93 Overall
  • Ryan Getzlaf - 92 Overall
Let us know what you think!

Previously released NHL 15 player ratings:

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 brianski71 @ 08/08/14 04:41 PM
Malkin not in the top 5? Give me a break. EA is a joke.
 
# 2 canucksss @ 08/08/14 05:01 PM
EA should release or be willing to be interviewed by OS just like what 2K did for their NBA 2k15. That really get me excited....and heck I am not even a fan of NBA!!!!

NHL is due on September and NBA is due on October yet 2K's NBA is releasing this info about Association while NHL is tight like an arse about any game mode infos. BLAH!
 
# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 08/08/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Malkin not in the top 5? Give me a break. EA is a joke.
Malkin was second in points per game last season. How he is not in the top 5 I will never know. I suggest you check out the Revamped Rosters' top rated forwards. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
 
# 4 onac22 @ 08/09/14 11:27 AM
No love for Malkin or Kopitar. Why?
 
# 5 deejay2 @ 08/09/14 11:49 AM
Bull****..no Kopitar, EA, are you serius?
 
# 6 Matt_350z @ 08/09/14 01:46 PM
I don't know..... While I can't make a case for Malkin(or possibly Kopitar) being left out of the top 5..... It would be really hard to unseat those other 5 from their spots.

I mean far more intangibles go into a hockey player and what they bring to the ice and their team on a nightly basis, that point production. Center might just be the one position that epitomizes that more than the other 4 skaters on the ice.

Love him or hate him- you can't argue Syd being there. Same with Stamkos and Toews. Getzlaf was the man last year(and not too shabby years prior), and is the leader of that team. Datsyuk while getting a little long in the tooth, is still one of the best two way players out there, and is still an absolute wizard with puck. He's a HOFer, who is still a game changer.

As I said, I can't make any case for those other 2 not being in there. However, those 5 belong there.
 
# 7 YoungBuck3 @ 08/09/14 05:23 PM
They don't all belong there because Malkin is more deserving, thus one of them does not belong.
 
# 8 entiobrin @ 08/09/14 08:57 PM
great,Datsyuk while getting a little long in the tooth, is still one of the best two way players out there, and is still an absolute wizard with puck. He's a HOFer, who is still a game changer.
 
# 9 Velvet_Hoop @ 08/09/14 10:14 PM
Malkin snubbed out of the top 5 centers?? Whatever
 
# 10 Sheba2011 @ 08/10/14 05:34 AM
Patrice Bergeron, the cover athlete of the game is not included?? He is arguably the best overall player in the entire league.
 
# 11 Matt_350z @ 08/10/14 08:12 AM
Ok then,

Malkin was 26th in goals, 7th in assists, 13th in points, 28th +/-, 5th in PPP, not in the top 30+ in faceoff wins, faceoff %, GWG, OTG, TOI, SHG, amongst all centers last year.

As I stated, I believe centers have far more intangible stats that don't always show up on the stat sheet, or are less heralded stats. Does Malkin bring those to the table over the other 5? I don't think he does over those particular 5.

He wasn't one of the top 5 centers last year. What's the big deal?
 
# 12 YoungBuck3 @ 08/10/14 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
Ok then,

Malkin was 26th in goals, 7th in assists, 13th in points, 28th +/-, 5th in PPP, not in the top 30+ in faceoff wins, faceoff %, GWG, OTG, TOI, SHG, amongst all centers last year.

As I stated, I believe centers have far more intangible stats that don't always show up on the stat sheet, or are less heralded stats. Does Malkin bring those to the table over the other 5? I don't think he does over those particular 5.

He wasn't one of the top 5 centers last year. What's the big deal?
You do realise Malkin only played 60 games right? because it's pretty stupid bringing up totals for a guy who played 60 games for the year.

15th overall in points playing 60 games is pretty awesome, you realise he was second in points per game after Crosby right? if we look at Toews he was 31st in points per game, Datsyuk 47th.

You realise the NHL series doesn't have an "intangibles" (aka Toews the good old Canadian) category right? and that speaking of intangibles Malkin has been one of the greatest playoff performers in history and has the 9th highest ppg in the playoffs in history?

Malkin is the most talented player in the league, yes more talented than Sid, though he isn't "better" than Sid. When he was on the ice last year he was a beast as always.
 
# 13 Matt_350z @ 08/10/14 08:15 PM
So your saying durability should be knock on him too?

I'm kidding. However, I mean Stamkos played 37 games last year and had more goals than Malkin.

I'm not knocking Malkin, nor am I really questioning his talent, skill level, heart, etc.

All I'm saying is, he didn't make the top 5 in a video game. It's really not that big of a deal. A couple people are acting like it's a travesty. When, last year- a case can be made he was not one of the top 5 centers in the NHL. The 5 that were chosen aren't exactly slouches.
 
# 14 YoungBuck3 @ 08/10/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
So your saying durability should be knock on him too?

I'm kidding. However, I mean Stamkos played 37 games last year and had more goals than Malkin.

I'm not knocking Malkin, nor am I really questioning his talent, skill level, heart, etc.

All I'm saying is, he didn't make the top 5 in a video game. It's really not that big of a deal. A couple people are acting like it's a travesty. When, last year- a case can be made he was not one of the top 5 centers in the NHL. The 5 that were chosen aren't exactly slouches.
Stamkos of course is primarily noted for his goalscoring, and again, Malkin had the 2nd highest PPG in the league, but since you went there, he had four more points than Toews despite playing 16 less games (that's the same Toews who has been a PPG player once in his career)

It's pretty much a consensus amongst most Hockey fans that Malkin is a top 3-5 talent in the league, let alone just a center. This is a thread about the top rated centres in the game, people are more than entitled to critique it if they disagree with those ratings. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of the world, but we're here talking about the NHL series, and this, amongst a long list of other things, is another example of how their ratings are bad.

Those other 5 aren't slouches, but they aren't Malkin. The only case against Malkin being a top 5 center last year is he only played 60 games, but that's more than Stamkos and Datsyuk played, so that argument doesn't hold up. There's zero argument otherwise sorry, there's other guys who are good no doubt, but Malkin is clearly superior. Malkin not being top 5 is just one of the many jokes in these ratings.
 
# 15 Gagnon39 @ 08/11/14 10:33 AM
Someone said this earlier and I have to agree, there just isn't a big enough gap between the elite players and the average ones. That's always been the problem with the NHL game's ratings. Especially for teams in general. I hat the star system they use for ranking the teams. That's why the standings are usually out of whack. There's not a big enough difference between the worst team in the league and the best.
 
# 16 PensDynasty87 @ 08/11/14 11:15 AM
I agree Malkin should be a top 5 center in the game. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Pens fan I'm saying it cuz the guy is talented like no other but if you don't like what he's rated just edit him in the game simple as that.
 
# 17 YoungBuck3 @ 08/11/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
I agree Malkin should be a top 5 center in the game. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Pens fan I'm saying it cuz the guy is talented like no other but if you don't like what he's rated just edit him in the game simple as that.
Of course, that solution doesn't help for online modes.
 
# 18 schnitzelrocket @ 08/12/14 08:22 PM
As a Detroit Red Wings fan I am extremely happy to see that Datsyuk broke the top five but I am going to have to wonder why Malkin didn't. I know that there is already a lot of talk about this in this forum but it just baffles me how he doesn't make it. If Datsyuk is in Malkin should be too. I know they are two completely different players but still.
 
# 19 Matt_350z @ 08/12/14 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Someone said this earlier and I have to agree, there just isn't a big enough gap between the elite players and the average ones. That's always been the problem with the NHL game's ratings. Especially for teams in general. I hat the star system they use for ranking the teams. That's why the standings are usually out of whack. There's not a big enough difference between the worst team in the league and the best.
I guess that is somewhat the point I am trying to make, and should have been more clear about it.
Say Malkin is ranked as the number 6 center in this game at 91 or as close to 92 as you can get. That means, with Crosby excluded, Malkin is 1 or 2 overall points between being ranked as the second ranked center, to the 6th ranked center overall. There is no way that the game can tangibly account for that. Even if the ranking system was superb, it's not going to show much of a difference in game between those 6 centers overall(albeit for individual attributes). So with EAs sub par way of evaluating players, where a 75 guy isn't vastly different from a 90, this is really a non issue in terms of anything gameplay related. At least if/ or until EA decides to reevaluate it's player ranking process.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.