Home
NBA Live 15 News Post


GameInformer has posted an interview with NBA Live executive producer Sean O’Brien. They talk about dynasty mode becoming less prominent this year, making the simulation better, commentary, improving off the ball AI, auction house for Ultimate Team, no EASBL and much more.

Below are a few details, make sure you read the entire interview here.
  • The detail we're able to have in arms, tattoos, body types – we have all new body types this year as well. You see the differentiation between LeBron James and Andrew Wiggins – you see his long neck, skinny body, even the difference between his legs and LeBron. We're finally getting to that differentiation that players expect.
  • We want to make sure that this year we shore up our online head-to-head, we shore up gameplay, and we shore up visuals. So it's really the core of our game that we're focusing on. From there, our challenge for Live 16 is to ensure that we have a new take on what online team play looks like. Take what it used to look like in Live, what it looks like in NHL, and what it looks like in FIFA, and put a spin on it that is a little fresher and obviously suited to the game of basketball.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WTF @ 08/07/14 11:14 AM
That was a really good read. That's the type of stuff I want to read. I'm on my phobe, but I'll have several thoughts on this later.
 
# 2 Haval93 @ 08/07/14 11:16 AM
Damn Ced, you on fire today with all the news. Keep it up. Good read so far. Hopefully we get even more news!
 
# 3 CAMPBLACKMAMBA24 @ 08/07/14 11:31 AM
I can't deny that I was somewhat impressed with what he had to say. I gotta wonder if they are really serious about turning this thing around.

Pretty good read.
 
# 4 aholbert32 @ 08/07/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That was a really good read. That's the type of stuff I want to read. I'm on my phobe, but I'll have several thoughts on this later.
Really? I found it to be disappointing. He's outright admitting that not much was done for certain modes like Dynasty (expcept for an improved sim engine) and Rising Star and is talking about what they plan to do after 15. No online team play.
 
# 5 WTF @ 08/07/14 11:36 AM
I liked the passing, animation talk, visual talk, creative play calling, physics around the hoop. A lot really.
 
# 6 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/07/14 12:02 PM
-They've scanned wristbands , socks, and sleeves too lol.
-heavy focus on eye contact with ball
-all new body types
-Westbrook didn't get scanned so the team created a model of his head to scan (guessing he's not cover athlete)
-more big moments to come .
- admitted dynasty mode is less prominent and less played but sim feature is improving .
-ultimate team has auction
-some concepts of dynasty mode in other modes
-completely different looking menus
-no trading future picks
-no cutscenes in rising star
-no online team play this year (so sad )
-live 16 will look at team play
-commentary improved
-similar physics to madden and FIFA
-new tutorial system different feel than 2k controls
-quick action- off ball action for A.I
-based off live 10 /NCAA 10
-improved play calling
-new engineers who worked on Ssx , live 10, ufc
- literally says things of the game last year were "F*** broken"
-
 
# 7 Halloween @ 08/07/14 12:54 PM
Good read. Won't buy though I'd like to see 2k have some competition again. They desperatly need it.

Talking about body types it must have been a blow for them to see LeBron sliming down lol.
 
# 8 Bowinkle08 @ 08/07/14 01:14 PM
im only on page 3 of the interview. i like what im reading so far but i think the modes will lack because they are focusing on game play and visuals.
 
# 9 snc237 @ 08/07/14 02:13 PM
Well with EA access I will be able to give the game a try for a little bit. Not sure if I will gt it because nba live 14 was a pretty bad game. On the flip side nba 2k14 looked great but the longer I played it the more the game started to let me down. Hopefully EA has at least a competitive basketball game this year.
 
# 10 eaterofworlds888 @ 08/07/14 03:04 PM
Awesome read, sounds like more gameplay improvement than anything which is fine, the series needed it. Really hoping it does well.
 
# 11 thedream2k13 @ 08/07/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Really? I found it to be disappointing. He's outright admitting that not much was done for certain modes like Dynasty (expcept for an improved sim engine) and Rising Star and is talking about what they plan to do after 15. No online team play.
This is year 2 of the 3 year plan so maybe next year they focus on modes. With their history gameplay is focus
 
# 12 Jano @ 08/07/14 03:23 PM
I enjoyed the part about it not being about revenue and selling the game. That could be PR speak.. but honestly that has to be a reality for this team.

If EA is expecting this game to make them major bucks then they might as well shut it down now. I appreciated the interview a lot especially how honest he was about certain aspects of the game.

Even the disappointing parts like Dynasty mode. I'm interested to see the motion control on video. The fact that they are going to bring back the passing controls from Live 10 had me intrigued as well.

I'm ready for another brand of NBA basketball so hears to hoping EA keeps this franchise around.
 
# 13 Shakedowncapo @ 08/07/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
-They've scanned wristbands , socks, and sleeves too lol.
-heavy focus on eye contact with ball
-all new body types
-Westbrook didn't get scanned so the team created a model of his head to scan (guessing he's not cover athlete)
-more big moments to come .
- admitted dynasty mode is less prominent and less played but sim feature is improving .
-ultimate team has auction
-some concepts of dynasty mode in other modes
-completely different looking menus
-no trading future picks
-no cutscenes in rising star
-no online team play this year (so sad )
-live 16 will look at team play
-commentary improved
-similar physics to madden and FIFA
-new tutorial system different feel than 2k controls
-quick action- off ball action for A.I
-based off live 10 /NCAA 10
-improved play calling
-new engineers who worked on Ssx , live 10, ufc
- literally says things of the game last year were "F*** broken"

This BS again. I hate this sort of speak from sports devs...It just tells everyone who bought their game last year that they bought a broken title. I can't trust people like that with $60.

Once again, talk is cheap...Wait and see mode.
 
# 14 nick_sr @ 08/07/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
-They've scanned wristbands , socks, and sleeves too lol.
-heavy focus on eye contact with ball
-all new body types
-Westbrook didn't get scanned so the team created a model of his head to scan (guessing he's not cover athlete)
-more big moments to come .
- admitted dynasty mode is less prominent and less played but sim feature is improving .
-ultimate team has auction
-some concepts of dynasty mode in other modes
-completely different looking menus
-no trading future picks
-no cutscenes in rising star
-no online team play this year (so sad ) I
-live 16 will look at team play
-commentary improved
-similar physics to
madden and FIFA
-new tutorial system different feel than 2k controls
-quick action- off ball action for Ai


-based off live 10 /NCAA 10
-improved play calling
-new engineers who worked on Ssx , live 10, ufc
- literally says things of the game last year were "F*** broken"
-
What concepts from dynasty exactly? As you all know I am one of the biggest Nba live Stans around but dynasty was very bad!
 
# 15 bxphenom7 @ 08/07/14 04:31 PM
I'm disappointed that they won't be doing much for Dynasty or Rising Star but I completely understand. Seems gameplay is finally first, and they're going to use Ultimate Team to entice people, personally don't care for Ultimate Team. I liked the whole, "we're probably never going to do cutscenes in Rising Star" (paraphrased), I wish 2k stayed away from that.

Well Live, just focus on gameplay and animations and you shouldn't be too far off.
 
# 16 lgxjames @ 08/07/14 05:09 PM
"They talk about dynasty mode becoming less prominent this year"... Annnnnnnd I was done.
 
# 17 Ermolli @ 08/07/14 05:18 PM
After reading about 2K's new MyLeague mode I'm even more bother about Live's decision of leaving Dynasty mode behind. Many people are not playing that mode not because it doesn't interest them but simply because it's bad, it isn't deep nor customizable, I mean you can't even trade a future draft pick when it was available in Live 15! How are you going to make people play a mode which isn't engaging or even fun? They better step Dynasty and Rising Star up because, while the gameplay can be the best thing since sliced bread, in the end people need to have some interesting modes to keep on playing.
 
# 18 DJ @ 08/07/14 05:24 PM
Well I appreciate the honesty with which O'Brien spoke, but it is disheartening to read that Dynasty Mode is being pushed aside for other things. I'm certainly happy that gameplay is a focus (needs to be), though, and am glad they are bringing back some of the Live/NCAA 10 control mechanics.

Back to the honesty part ... I really do like that he was so candid in the interview but at the same time, it's a bit of slap in the face to those people that did pay $60 for a game that the executive producer said wasn't that great.

I'm hopeful that Live 15 shows a lot of progress. I like having options when it comes to sports games, so I'm certainly rooting for the development team.
 
# 19 mrclutch @ 08/09/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Well I appreciate the honesty with which O'Brien spoke, but it is disheartening to read that Dynasty Mode is being pushed aside for other things. I'm certainly happy that gameplay is a focus (needs to be), though, and am glad they are bringing back some of the Live/NCAA 10 control mechanics.

Back to the honesty part ... I really do like that he was so candid in the interview but at the same time, it's a bit of slap in the face to those people that did pay $60 for a game that the executive producer said wasn't that great.

I'm hopeful that Live 15 shows a lot of progress. I like having options when it comes to sports games, so I'm certainly rooting for the development team.
Live 10 had fantastic player control. At the time it came out I believe best ever. We'll see it they can build upon it for 15.
 
# 20 P-Dub @ 08/10/14 07:49 PM
The reason people didn't play Rising Star or Dynasty Mode as much is because there is nothing new about it. They are not very deep and lack innovation, and are subpar to 2K's MyCareer and Association mode offerings. Big Moments was a cool feature, and so is Ultimate Team. Dynasty Mode is like building an "ultimate team" within the sim-reality of the NBA League and it's schedule from season to season, and not packs from points.

I played Rising Star and reached Legendary status. There is another level after that called "Legendar"(the text is cutoff in-game), but there is nothing else. I wonder if they tested that far. They should just take this mode online with EASBL if they aren't going to come up with career storylines and other depth to enhance the experience.

I don't like the news about Live 10's dribbling, or NCAA 10's motion concept. I think these are bandaids. The dribbling, because there is no more bouncetek with OG leaving(assuming that's why), and the motion concept is probably an improvement over the "automotion" option from Live 14, ported from NCAA 10 since there are developers who worked on it on the team.

What I seemed to get out of all these interviews is that they spent Live 14 development fixing Live 13, and Live 15 development fixing Live 14.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.