Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post


Madden NFL 15 is available now for digital pre-order on the PlayStation 4. You will be able to pre-load on August 24th, so you can start playing the game on release date August 26th, at 12:01 AM EST.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Nerox23 @ 07/29/14 01:15 PM
Good looking out bro. I've checked but so far it's been a no go.
 
# 2 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 01:29 PM
Likely going digital as well, so if this bears fruit and the pre-order does go live today, thanks for the heads-up!
 
# 3 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 01:44 PM
Changed thread title and added direct link to the game's page on Sony Computer Entertainment's online store.
 
# 4 The JareBear @ 07/29/14 01:46 PM
File size 15.4gb

Is that for the entire game or just the initial part that lets you play a demo while the rest of the game installs?

Edit:

Website said 15.4GB
PSN store on PS4 says 16.6
 
# 5 bcruise @ 07/29/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
File size 15.4gb

Is that for the entire game or just the initial part that lets you play a demo while the rest of the game installs?
That's gonna be the whole game, I'd imagine.
 
# 6 The JareBear @ 07/29/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
That's probably the whole game. Heck, even Watch Dogs was only 18GB, and look how huge that game seemed.
Good point.

I have very little understanding of how this stuff works. TLOU:R is 50 gigs and I really don't know what the majority of that is dedicated to, textures?
 
# 7 RyanLaFalce @ 07/29/14 01:58 PM
No word yet on Pre-loading. Let's hope we can.
 
# 8 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Good point.

I have very little understanding of how this stuff works. TLOU:R is 50 gigs and I really don't know what the majority of that is dedicated to, textures?
Textures, audio, and 3D meshes and animations. TLOU is a very story-driven game in an open-world setting. Between the variety of environments, characters, and props, along with the sheer amount of dialogue needed to tell the story, the disc footprint can get huge quickly.

By comparison, Madden in particular doesn't really have much variety with respect to core gameplay content. Maybe 40 stadiums, little variety in player geometry, a few dozen sets of uniform textures (including rasters, normals, etc.), all the shared player audio, the entire bank of shared player animations, the QB-specific cadences, the commentary (all likely compressed to hell and back because it's just spoken word)... just not as much there to put on the disc.
 
# 9 RyanLaFalce @ 07/29/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I just tweeted Clint Oldenburg on that. I'll get back here with new info whatever it may be when he gets back to me.
I just tried following you on twitter as I've been doing so with alot of people from OS lately, and your Twitter is private. Come on man. Lol
 
# 10 booker21 @ 07/29/14 02:33 PM
What`s the point of pre ordering a Digital Copy?
 
# 11 lopey986 @ 07/29/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
What`s the point of pre ordering a Digital Copy?
It will fully download the game prior to it being playable. So the game will be completely ready right when it's allowed to be played and you won't have to wait for it to download.

Of course, beware, a lot of people did this with mlb the show and Sony messed it up and they couldn't play it for like a day and a half after release.
 
# 12 RyanLaFalce @ 07/29/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
What`s the point of pre ordering a Digital Copy?
So you don't have to go to the store
 
# 13 booker21 @ 07/29/14 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
So you don't have to go to the store
I meant contrary to buy it on release date. I'm not sure if madden has pre download feature

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
# 14 FBall Life @ 07/29/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Textures, audio, and 3D meshes and animations. TLOU is a very story-driven game in an open-world setting. Between the variety of environments, characters, and props, along with the sheer amount of dialogue needed to tell the story, the disc footprint can get huge quickly.

By comparison, Madden in particular doesn't really have much variety with respect to core gameplay content. Maybe 40 stadiums, little variety in player geometry, a few dozen sets of uniform textures (including rasters, normals, etc.), all the shared player audio, the entire bank of shared player animations, the QB-specific cadences, the commentary (all likely compressed to hell and back because it's just spoken word)... just not as much there to put on the disc.
No excuses. All EA sports games are tiny this gen. NBA 2K14 was around 42GB. MLB The Show 14 was around 37.5GB.

Fifa 8.4GB
Madden 25 12.2GB
NBA Live 14 8.7GB
UFC 16GB

This is not good...
 
# 15 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
No excuses. All EA sports games are tiny this gen. NBA 2K14 was around 42GB. MLB The Show 14 was around 37.5GB.

Fifa 8.4GB
Madden 25 12.2GB
NBA Live 14 8.7GB
UFC 16GB

This is not good...
And the game with the best Metacritic score of all of these is FIFA 14.

Disc footprint doesn't correlate to the quality of a game. A game's quality isn't defined by how much "stuff" it has.
 
# 16 SmashMan @ 07/29/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
No excuses. All EA sports games are tiny this gen. NBA 2K14 was around 42GB. MLB The Show 14 was around 37.5GB.

Fifa 8.4GB
Madden 25 12.2GB
NBA Live 14 8.7GB
UFC 16GB

This is not good...
This is really the basis for the argument?
 
# 17 FBall Life @ 07/29/14 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the game with the best Metacritic score of all of these is FIFA 14.

Disc footprint doesn't correlate to the quality of a game. A game's quality isn't defined by how much "stuff" it has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is really the basis for the argument?
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
 
# 18 mestevo @ 07/29/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Effort? Really? Quality or reviews don't matter? Quite the corner you've painted yourself into.
 
# 19 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Tiburon could easily fill the remaining free disc space of the 50GB Blu-Ray with NFL Films footage. The game would have a larger disc footprint than any game you listed then. Would this really be emblematic of more effort? I would say "absolutely not". By your argument however, it is. It's a nonsensical position.

More disc space filled is not emblematic of effort or quality.
 
# 20 SmashMan @ 07/29/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Nope, you pretty clearly framed the argument as install size above all else.

And we're on the verge of derailing the thread early on, so I'm going to back out of this one now.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.