11:53 AM - July 18, 2014 by Steve_OS
The 93rd edition of the Press Row Podcast takes a long, hard look at how Microtransactions are influencing the way developers design and consumers play big-time sports games. Spurred on by an interesting piece published on USGamer by our own Kat Bailey (http://www.usgamer.net/articles/pes-...rotransactions) the panel discusses the history of Ultimate Team and its offshoots, the way Microtransactions impacted the PS4/Xbox One launch, and where they are heading in the near- and long-term future. Are these modes and features ultimately positive or negative? We weigh in with our thoughts and experiences.
Joining us this week:
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@ChrisSnr)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- TJ Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, [email protected] (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while youíre there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 51 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.