09:37 AM - July 12, 2014 by Steve_OS
For those of you that might be still on the fence, OOTP 15 is on sale for $19.99 until July 16th. For the rest of you that already have the game, patch #4 is available now, check out the details below.
Download links and more information can be found here. In case you missed our review, read that here.
- Improved 3D ball flight engine, using realistic physics-based calculations
- Improved 3D ballpark importer / editor
- Improved memory management resulting in increased stability and speed, especially with large games
- Free agent compensation / arbitration is now more realistic. OOTP correctly assigns FA comp status to all free agent-eligible players who stayed on the team the entire year, and compensation draft picks are only given when the user/AI offered arbitration to this player.
- Draft picks with signability of "impossible" no longer state their demand. You have just one shot to convince the player with a great offer.
- Added the option to hide player nicknames (in the player personality section of the game setup)
- Improved the league events editor. When in commish mode, users can edit the dates of existing events and also create events using the internal event types. That way experienced users may fix problems with events caused by league scheduling errors.
- Improved in-game AI for several situations
- Improved in-game play-by-play commentary
- Moved the "Force Start / Position" section in the player strategy screen from the depth chart strategy to the pitching strategy for pitchers and renamed it "Force Role."
- Re-ordered the items in the team menu to match the order of tabs on the team screen
- Fixed issues with touchpads on Macs
- Fixed several bugs and rare crashes