Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post


SportsTalkFlorida has posted an interview with the Presentation Director for Madden NFL 15, Brian Murray. During the interview he answers questions about Player Sense 2.0, roughly how many players will look as good as Colin Kaepernick and more.

Quote:
Can we expect every player to look as amazing as Kaepernick?

Not every player will look as good as him. Were making a huge initiative this year to make our A quarterbacks and coaches and people who get seen more than others to look that good. Were just shy of 100 people that look that good. As far as priorities we went for quarterbacks and coaches.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4 on August 26th. For more on the game, check out our official page.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Big FN Deal @ 07/08/14 11:55 PM
I read the transcripts, didn't listen to the interview and like I think SageInfinite stated during E3, I hope with all those credentials, the highlight camera angles in HIS Halftime Show are fixed by release.
 
# 2 MajorSupreme @ 07/09/14 12:04 AM
Roughly 100 look as good as CK? I'm not surprised, but I'm not sure what to feel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
# 3 kehlis @ 07/09/14 12:08 AM
My concern is and always has been with implementation.


I believe that every dev that we've seen has great intentions, I really don't ever think they would intentionally deceive us.

This interview is the same interview we've seen for years. I have no doubt every word he says is his full intention.



The question is implementation.

I've been playing this game since it was a PC game. My patience is starting to wear thin at this point. I love seeing interviews with people that are passionate about it, but at this point I need to see implementation and not just for one year.
 
# 4 PacMan3000 @ 07/09/14 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Roughly 100 look as good as CK? I'm not surprised, but I'm not sure what to feel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Well remember, he said 100 PEOPLE...and followed that up by saying that their priority was quarterbacks and coaches.

That means 32 coaches will look great. Maybe 20 or 25 QB's will look good. And then the rest are likely players at other positions.

Ultimately, my guess is that you're only going to get about 60 players that look as great as Kaep. And almost half of those will be quarterbacks.
 
# 5 jmurphy31 @ 07/09/14 06:07 AM
Not much in there. Only 100 players will look like CK. I'm usually pretty harsh but it's a start. 100 players in the NBA would be 20 starting teams starting line ups. So just pure number wise it's going to take longer. Coaches and QBs are the most shown so that makes sense.
 
# 6 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/14 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not much in there. Only 100 players will look like CK. I'm usually pretty harsh but it's a start. 100 players in the NBA would be 20 starting teams starting line ups. So just pure number wise it's going to take longer. Coaches and QBs are the most shown so that makes sense.
He said in the OS podcast that they are trying to scan every team between 15 and 16. I know they have been posting pics on twitter of the facilities they go to.

I believe he also said in the same podcast that most star players would have scans as well. Do the math 30 coaches + 32 QBs. So probably 30-35+star players not playing QB.
 
# 7 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/14 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
I feel like i have heard this stuff many times. The proof will be Aug 26.
Heard what stuff many times? You can see it in the e3 videos. I heard from one of the GC's that when you go back in replays you will be able to see the full post play celebrations now, in case anyone was wondering about that.
 
# 8 apollon42 @ 07/09/14 10:30 AM
Hopefully, they fixed Tom Brady, he always looked terrible in Madden.
 
# 9 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/14 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Hopefully, they fixed Tom Brady, he always looked terrible in Madden.
If they scanned him which I would be shocked if they didn't, he's fixed, the scans are photo realistic.
 
# 10 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
"Heard what stuff many times?"

Hype, JP, hype. I used to fall for it. Now I must be shown.
Like I said it's in the E3 videos
 
# 11 Gman 18 @ 07/09/14 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
"Heard what stuff many times?"

Hype, JP, hype. I used to fall for it. Now I must be shown.
Exactly. JP, remember last year in that presentation blog for madden 25, and Michael Young said " Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time " and " Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in " They said the same thing last year about 100 face scans making it into the game and only about 30-40 actually made it in. You can't just ignore the fact that every year they false advertise about certain things. Re-read this whole blog and see what actually made it into madden 25 that was mentioned in this blog. http://www.operationsports.com/news/...-not-revealed/

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
 
# 12 CPRoark @ 07/09/14 11:00 AM
A little off topic, but I had to laugh at whoever transcribed the interview. "Obviously you have to give the homage to Rem Brent as a painter. They say hes the best cinematographer there ever was."

I had to listen to hear that, yes, he was talking about Rembrandt. I had to google to make sure Rem Brent wasn't some indy artist I'd never heard of.

 
# 13 coke hogan @ 07/09/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Okay, you trust them then. I will not. been burned too many times.


he seems to have blind faith in these guys, almost like seeking approval.
they can do no wrong or speak lies.


very disturbing indeed.
 
# 14 oneamongthefence @ 07/09/14 01:18 PM
Gran Turismo did this and it was a huge difference between standard and premium cars. Hopefully in Madden the difference is less noticeable.
 
# 15 TheLetterZ @ 07/09/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The question is implementation.

I've been playing this game since it was a PC game. My patience is starting to wear thin at this point. I love seeing interviews with people that are passionate about it, but at this point I need to see implementation and not just for one year.
It feels like the series has a habit of introducing a promising new feature that, in the first year, is like 60% of the way to where they want it to be.

But then, instead of focusing on getting that remaining 40%, and having it be a really great thing for the game, they introduce another 60% new feature, while bringing the previous feature up to about 65%.

And then the following year, they add another new feature, bring the previous year's feature from 60% to 65%, and the first new feature is either still at 65% or gone completely.

Rinse, repeat.

At some point, you need to just focus on getting something right.
 
# 16 Gman 18 @ 07/09/14 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
It feels like the series has a habit of introducing a promising new feature that, in the first year, is like 60% of the way to where they want it to be.



But then, instead of focusing on getting that remaining 40%, and having it be a really great thing for the game, they introduce another 60% new feature, while bringing the previous feature up to about 65%.



And then the following year, they add another new feature, bring the previous year's feature from 60% to 65%, and the first new feature is either still at 65% or gone completely.



Rinse, repeat.



At some point, you need to just focus on getting something right.

Exactly. They should have focused a lot more on " living worlds " and " true step " but knowing EA, " next year " is always the answer instead of " we will make our best efforts to implement it into the game as soon as we can "


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 17 Dr. Poe @ 07/09/14 08:23 PM
That's kinda weak. So most players will look generic. I thought this was next gen. At least 2k invested the time and resources to scan most of the nba. EA acts like they don't have a clue. They wait to see what 2 k does and then follows poorly.
 
# 18 Steven78 @ 07/09/14 08:43 PM
Its always next year. Always.
 
# 19 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/14 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
That's kinda weak. So most players will look generic. I thought this was next gen. At least 2k invested the time and resources to scan most of the nba. EA acts like they don't have a clue. They wait to see what 2 k does and then follows poorly.
They are trying to scan every player between now and next year. There are about 4x as many players in the NFL vs NBA. They have already went to quite a few team facilities and gotten scans.
 
# 20 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/14 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Its always next year. Always.
If you expect everything to be added in one year then yes it will. You have to understand that they are building towards a goal, each year they are adding pieces towards it. 90% of the people will be satisfied with Madden in the next few years. Some never will.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.