07:36 AM - July 8, 2014 by brandon27
After announcing an upcoming NASCAR '14 patch way back in April, the NASCAR '14 team has finally released it.
Check out some of the details below.
Not a lot of good feedback so far. A couple of people have posted some photos of what they are seeing early.
Read the full press release below.
Gamers Are the First to Experience New Chase for the Sprint Cup Format with Updated NASCAR® ‘14
Deep Silver announced today the availability of a free, robust gameplay update for the hit racing game NASCAR® ’14 that will allow gamers to be the first to experience NASCAR’s new Chase for the Sprint Cup format.
Developed by ETX Racing, the NASCAR ’14 gameplay update features the expanded Chase field of 16 drivers and new round-by-round advancement format that will decide the next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion. The free gameplay update also includes the changes outlined below. A full list of improvements is available on the ETX Racing web site, www.ETXRacing.com.
- New qualifying and Chase format rules announced by NASCAR in early 2014
- Additional drivers to complete a full field of 43 Sprint Cup drivers
- Various gameplay refinements around pitting, decals and paint, and the online private lobby
- Difficulty setting adjustments designed to bring AI closer to the selected level
- Adjustments to Darlington and Kansas race lengths
A perfect racing season companion, NASCAR fans can look forward to regular NASCAR ‘14 paint schemes and Highlights DLC packs throughout the season, which concludes with the final race at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November. This is your chance to live the moment.