Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post


Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FBall Life @ 07/03/14 11:20 AM
My god, the way 15 moves into position to block the returner is just.............
 
# 2 ghettofocker @ 07/03/14 11:22 AM
we need some new gameplay and new teams. tired of the same thing
 
# 3 SmittyD81 @ 07/03/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofocker
we need some new gameplay and new teams. tired of the same thing
Yeah, I know, but unfortunately, these were the only 2 teams that I was allowed to capture when at E3.
 
# 4 Vice @ 07/03/14 11:34 AM
There are, uhh... lots of lines. Like, literally, lines to show where the punt will go, lines closing in on the returner.... lots of lines. Random thing to notice, I suppose.
 
# 5 wordtobigbird @ 07/03/14 11:41 AM
Favorite play was the Bowman pass breakup and the fact that the CPU AI seems competent.
 
# 6 SageInfinite @ 07/03/14 11:50 AM
Interception animation was awful. I liked Kaep's throwing animation on the touchdown, seemed fluid, and the Boldin catch was kool.
 
# 7 Big FN Deal @ 07/03/14 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Yeah, I know, but unfortunately, these were the only 2 teams that I was allowed to capture when at E3.
Hey man, I know you can't go into any specifics but can let us know was there more done to CFM in M15 than just a new practice mode and general fixes? Nothing to get in any trouble about just a "yeah there's more than that" or " Don't think they had time to do much else".
 
# 8 wordtobigbird @ 07/03/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Interception animation was awful. I liked Kaep's throwing animation on the touchdown, seemed fluid, and the Boldin catch was kool.
Yeah that same INT animation every time is just ugh.. They use to say stuff like 100s of new catch animations but defenders get no love.
 
# 9 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 12:01 PM
Nice consecutive hit tackle on INT out of bounds, live how the camera shows Wilson after the INT, that's true broadcast there. Liked how Gore broke out of the tackle to keep running. Lots of good stuff to see here, more good than bad. Also liked the jumbotron after the TD.
 
# 10 SmittyD81 @ 07/03/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Hey man, I know you can't go into any specifics but can let us know was there more done to CFM in M15 than just a new practice mode and general fixes? Nothing to get in any trouble about just a "yeah there's more than that" or " Don't think they had time to do much else".
Actually, I've got nothing on CFM as I solely focus on gameplay only.
 
# 11 Cowboy008 @ 07/03/14 12:08 PM
Good video
 
# 12 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Nice consecutive hit tackle on INT out of bounds, live how the camera shows Wilson after the INT, that's true broadcast there. Liked how Gore broke out of the tackle to keep running. Lots of good stuff to see here, more good than bad. Also liked the jumbotron after the TD.
Another good thing to see that I haven't seen in another football game is how the CBs run sideways when facing the receiver, they open to the inside or outside depending on which play is called.
 
# 13 SageInfinite @ 07/03/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Yeah that same INT animation every time is just ugh.. They use to say stuff like 100s of new catch animations but defenders get no love.
I mean I don't know **** about motion capture and engineering, so I don't know if other devs do this, but it seems like to me that Tiburon goes is and messes with the animations after they're captured. No way a human jumps and catches a ball that stiff. No way humans move like the way some of these players move.
 
# 14 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/03/14 12:47 PM
A few notes I took down from Madden 25 that I didn't like was actually fixed. I know this game won't be perfect but there are a lot of good things in this video. Although it's also hard to really get a grasp on this game until we actually play a demo or the actual game.

@SmittyD81 what's your take on how the gameplay felt in person and has the infinity engine/ignite been tuned? Or is it felt in the gameplay?
 
# 15 BezO @ 07/03/14 01:01 PM
Some of the blockers on the kick return just slid into position. And what's wrong with #44? Couldn't make up his mind. #40 does the same on the next KO.

Play at 2:29 looked good except for the ROT completely stymying the DE at the LOS. But good D by Thomas.

Was that a pulling TE on the extra point?

The game needs players to play through the whistle. @ 5:24, no way the D doesn't jump on what could've been ruled a fumble. Nice rush by CPU Smith though.

Decent double teams at 5:59. Awkward for Lynch not to release in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Interception animation was awful. I liked Kaep's throwing animation on the touchdown, seemed fluid, and the Boldin catch was kool.
I like the interception up until he hits the ground. DB always seems to head up field the wrong way 1st.

Boldin catch was cool. Too bad for the stuttering DB that let him catch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Nice consecutive hit tackle on INT out of bounds, live how the camera shows Wilson after the INT, that's true broadcast there. Liked how Gore broke out of the tackle to keep running. Lots of good stuff to see here, more good than bad. Also liked the jumbotron after the TD.
That 2nd hit on the DB looked great up to the dead fish fall after. That would be a great head injury animation.

Cut to Wilson was great.

I hated the Gore run. With no lateral movment from engaged players & no attempts to contain, outside runs always look bad to me. And that spin move is not good. Gore dragging the DB looked good until they showed the replay.
 
# 16 Greene_Flash03 @ 07/03/14 01:10 PM
I stopped watching after seeing that spin move by Gore. I can't believe that cheese is still there. Not to mentioned that interception animation. ugh.
 
# 17 Big FN Deal @ 07/03/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Actually, I've got nothing on CFM as I solely focus on gameplay only.
Appreciate the clarification and as a gameplay focus guy, is Tiburon aware of the need for more WR awareness on passes, such as an ability to "become the defender" on errant passes to prevent easy INTs and give a more organic flow to the passing game? In the first INT of this video, Percy Harvin keeps going along the balls initially flight path, even though the defender adjusts to the pass for an INT.

Also there needs be some other animation added for players to avoid players on the ground besides that "jump back step" to protect their legs/knees from getting rolled up on. Maybe some hurdle/jump over, lean down forward putting a hand down to brace, etc, just more variation. Right now it's too repetitive and players will do the same exact animation at times right next to each other. In the video on the Kap touchdown pass, that jump back animation triggers just because the receiver is on the ground, after catching a diving pass/falling into the endzone and it looks awkward, imo.

My final point, right at the end of the quarter/half the QB attempts a playaction pass, which at least ultimately results in an incomplete pass due to the pass rush getting there. I hope that is a consistent them in M15 because no defenders should be getting fooled by a playaction pass in that situation, LBs in coverage shouldn't be frozen and pass rushers should be teeing off on the QB, opening up the potential for something like a draw play or quick screen but not some big pass play because defenders fooled.
 
# 18 SageInfinite @ 07/03/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I like the interception up until he hits the ground. DB always seems to head up field the wrong way 1st.
Same complaint I have. They use the catch animations for defenders and receivers for the most part. I just hate how the quality of the animation was some PS2 ****. So stiff, not fluid at all. I just think I should stop talking about animations, the game is never going to get them right. It's pointless.
 
# 19 dghustla @ 07/03/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Some of the blockers on the kick return just slid into position. And what's wrong with #44? Couldn't make up his mind. #40 does the same on the next KO.

Play at 2:29 looked good except for the ROT completely stymying the DE at the LOS. But good D by Thomas.

Was that a pulling TE on the extra point?

The game needs players to play through the whistle. @ 5:24, no way the D doesn't jump on what could've been ruled a fumble. Nice rush by CPU Smith though.

Decent double teams at 5:59. Awkward for Lynch not to release in that situation.

I like the interception up until he hits the ground. DB always seems to head up field the wrong way 1st.

Boldin catch was cool. Too bad for the stuttering DB that let him catch it.

That 2nd hit on the DB looked great up to the dead fish fall after. That would be a great head injury animation.

Cut to Wilson was great.

I hated the Gore run. With no lateral movment from engaged players & no attempts to contain, outside runs always look bad to me. And that spin move is not good. Gore dragging the DB looked good until they showed the replay.

first off Smitty THANKS FOR A GREAT VID.

The graphics on this game IMO look really really good. The broadcast look and feel are damn near perfect, big kudos there. It's just as the poster above me mentioned in motion there are just so many eyes sores in such a small video clip. The DEs are still blocking dummies on outside runs. The spin move looks like it can be used to circumvent true step for an instant change in direction up field. There was more double team tackling by the offense after Wilson's INT than in all of the defensive clips. It might be nit picking but these are just some of the things that standout to me.
 
# 20 strawberryshortcake @ 07/03/14 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean I don't know **** about motion capture and engineering, so I don't know if other devs do this, but it seems like to me that Tiburon goes is and messes with the animations after they're captured. No way a human jumps and catches a ball that stiff. No way humans move like the way some of these players move.
The issue with in studio motion capture seems to steam from the poor directing, and the fact that it differs from real game adrenaline infused performance.

@3:02 mark "... and then Eldon will look at the data after it's been capture and he can clean it up. When he's done, he'll send the data off to the game team and they'll put it on the model ... " Not exactly sure what his definition of "clean it up" is.

@2:31 mark: One of the motion capture director does a QB drop back "bounce" in place. Very robotic scripted "bounce." This "bounce" is frequently seen in Madden's QB, but I have never really seen it in a real life game. This Madden bounce lacks a real purpose. I have included video highlights of both Drew Brees and Russell Wilson below. Take notice of their drop back bounces in the pocket.

@2:57 mark: Not sure why they would motion capture a slowed down version of a play action pass (hand off)

@3:24 mark: Not exactly sure what that is suppose to depict. Either a possible reception or an interception, but that particular "jump towards the ball" motion capture doesn't represent anything I have seen in a real life game. I think it's what's seen during a swat in Madden. It looks poorly scripted, and poorly executed by the motion capture artist.






Notice how the QB "bounce" in the pocket (e.g. Russell Wilson, Drew Brees) has real purpose unlike the Madden's motion captured or directed QB "bounce." Madden's QB "bounce" looks to be aesthetics only with no real purpose.



 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.