Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post


Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NDAlum @ 06/27/14 11:24 AM
Graphics are amazing
I like the new play call menus
Nice screen breakup sequence

Still not liking the player movement when in the open field
Too many long canned animations (mainly tackles)
 
# 2 lynkraid @ 06/27/14 11:44 AM
Crowd sounds much better, but commentary sounds exactly the same, very dull. Hope the damn option isn't as effective as his run with Kaep was.
 
# 3 vrtkolman @ 06/27/14 11:47 AM
Just very meh overall to me.
 
# 4 Aggies67 @ 06/27/14 11:47 AM
At 2:25, you can see one player in the huddle lovingly play with another's dreadlock's.
 
# 5 dghustla @ 06/27/14 11:52 AM
I'm still not seeing pockets forming enough. Its just a wall of lineman and the QBs can easily just walk outside of their tackle. There is no push what so ever from DTs to condense the pocket around the QB. The screen pass @2:34 had a better looking pocket than most of the pure drop back plays.

love the graphics
animations..hopefully next years priority.
 
# 6 NicVirtue @ 06/27/14 11:59 AM
On the 1st curl play, it really truly sucks how you have to go back and slow down the play to see what happened. We should be able to tell from jump street why that DB missed, but since the game animates and moves so fast and unnatural, you have to slow everything down. Even the way they change formations look so robotic.

@4:26, slowed down you can clearly see that WR on the left slide and shift into place to make the block, and because that canned animation does not include head tracking, the DB is oblivious for a good 4 yards after he gets off that block. I also hate seeing QB's like Kap run through DB's in that manner, with zero struggle from the DB to take him down and also being hit on the side he's carrying the ball.

Everything else in the video was meh. Not really impressed with anything.
 
# 7 StL_RamZ @ 06/27/14 12:00 PM
something i always hated.

the refs are always keeping up with the players, mind you that they are side stepping and gliding.

you can see what im talking about at 4:32
 
# 8 tsbmolina @ 06/27/14 12:36 PM
Stale looking gameplay, zero wow factor. This was not what I imagined next-gen football to look or play like. Different year same boring Madden.
 
# 9 bhurst99 @ 06/27/14 12:42 PM
The running back's spin when he is tackled at 2:02 is awful. This is a really disappointing video. It doesn't look like a next gen game at all.
 
# 10 victorkingchamp @ 06/27/14 12:43 PM
Looks good enough for me. I didn't have a problem with madden 25's gameplay(demo, i didn't buy the game last year). My main concern was that the on field presentation was stale. The atmosphere is super important for me in a sports game. The little things like the seamless celebrations after 1st downs, tackles for loss, TDs etc is major for me.

I know my views are against the OS norm but for me its:

1. Atmosphere/Presentation
2. Gameplay (is it fun and varied)
3. Good single player modes
4. Simulation of sport
5. Graphics

A perfect example of this is NBA2K. There are plenty of things that could be fixed from a sim standpoint, but 2K does such a good job of capturing the atmosphere of the sport that those things don't really matter to me because I'm entertained overall.
 
# 11 khaliib @ 06/27/14 01:07 PM
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
 
# 12 dghustla @ 06/27/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
The initial reactions would be very different if there was new animations with these graphics. It's hard to not feel like you're watching the same exact game that it's been the past few years. you have to really looks hard to see the changes because they are buried beneath these animations.

i do second your point about the general lack of intensity show by the defense. I don't know what the solution is for that. I guess it starts with the players appearing to be fighting hard to get off their blocks or trying to steer their lineman and close gaps.


There isn't a lot of wow there IMO but there are def. are some upgrades.
 
# 13 tsbmolina @ 06/27/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I'm referencing the somewhat upgraded yearly graphics but clunky junky legacy animations of the Madden series.
 
# 14 Formula1Racing @ 06/27/14 01:21 PM
It looks much better then M25. It is getting there. I hope to see more gameplay other then this E3 demo. I would loved to see how the half-time show/presentation is. Not looking too bad so far!...A good sign of things to come!
 
# 15 SmittyD81 @ 06/27/14 01:34 PM
The issue here is that, what we as a community on all different websites and forums across the web aren't really demanding for anything that has "pop" or is "sexy" or contains a "WOW" factor. The only aspect in my opinion that has had any kind of "WOW" factor was the introduction of the Infinity Engine. Of the following, what screams out "WOW" that we've demanded for:

-DB/WR Interactions
-Pass Trajectories
-respective footplanting
-OLine/DLine interactions/logic/animations
-legitimate accurate/inaccurate throws by qbs
-Variety in WR/DB/LB catch animations
-Unique Running styles
-Variety in CPU Playbook/Coaching Style and Strategies
-Improvements on Progressive seasonal/in-game fatigue
-Better player injury system
-Revamp the penalty/on-field challenge system

There's much, much more that can be listed here, but from this list alone, there's NOTHING that screams OMG!!! Over the years, we've made huge demands for small changes that'll go a long way, but it fell on deaf ears. Now this team is working to restore what wasn't being done before by adding those "small changes", but they're not all gonna leap out at you because they're the "little things".

At the end of the day, if the game doesn't do it for you, leave it on the shelf until they deliver what you truly desire.
 
# 16 The JareBear @ 06/27/14 01:38 PM
Are graphics and animations in the same category? To me, it looks great, clearly big upgrades to visuals, and clearly still way way way lacking in how it animates. I feel like this is pretty much concrete fact at this point based in every video so far giving the same impression, at least we know what to expect there.
 
# 17 Big FN Deal @ 06/27/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
The issue here is that, what we as a community on all different websites and forums across the web aren't really demanding for anything that has "pop" or is "sexy" or contains a "WOW" factor. The only aspect in my opinion that has had any kind of "WOW" factor was the introduction of the Infinity Engine. Of the following, what screams out "WOW" that we've demanded for:

-DB/WR Interactions
-Pass Trajectories
-respective footplanting
-OLine/DLine interactions/logic/animations
-legitimate accurate/inaccurate throws by qbs
-Variety in WR/DB/LB catch animations
-Unique Running styles
-Variety in CPU Playbook/Coaching Style and Strategies
-Improvements on Progressive seasonal/in-game fatigue
-Better player injury system
-Revamp the penalty/on-field challenge system

There's much, much more that can be listed here, but from this list alone, there's NOTHING that screams OMG!!! Over the years, we've made huge demands for small changes that'll go a long way, but it fell on deaf ears. Now this team is working to restore what wasn't being done before by adding those "small changes", but they're not all gonna leap out at you because they're the "little things".

At the end of the day, if the game doesn't do it for you, leave it on the shelf until they deliver what you truly desire.
I can respect that Smitty, yet I'm sure you're well aware of the sentiment that why does it have to be either or? The game should be capable of presenting a "WOW" factor and becoming more fundamentally solid. When you look at games like The Show and NBA2k, even with their understandable flaws, you get all that, in one package.
 
# 18 Bowinkle08 @ 06/27/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Just very meh overall to me.
me too, graphics look good though.
 
# 19 FBall Life @ 06/27/14 01:56 PM
No wonder penalties don't get called, the refs hats cover their eyes lol

 
# 20 SmittyD81 @ 06/27/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can respect that Smitty, yet I'm sure you're well aware of the sentiment that why does it have to be either or? The game should be capable of presenting a "WOW" factor and becoming more fundamentally solid. When you look at games like The Show and NBA2k, even with their understandable flaws, you get all that, in one package.
MLB the show is on it's own level at this point. 2k isn't even at that level with all the gameplay shortcomings that still remain virtually untouched for 5+ years and lacks core basketball fundamental integrity.

I'd rather have a game build up progressively and eventually hit you with the full on OMG and WOW factors, than just masking clear as day gameplay issues with front-loading the game with a dump truck load of animations and modes to try and take attention away from the blatant flawed gameplay that many have urged to be fixed. I'm saying this and I love 2k Sports, but they need a fire lit under their rear when it comes to some things to take their game (which almost has it all imo) over the top.
 

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.