05:45 PM - June 11, 2014 by MMChrisS
Gameinformer has posted up a good bullet points list of 21 things we know about Madden NFL 15. Here are a few of the more obscure ones not already well known:
- Real video of players is incorporated into the pre-game presentation.
- You can change game cameras at the line of scrimmage without going into the settings screen. For instance, you can switch to a zoomed out camera by toggling with the up/down on the d-pad. For online games, the number of camera switches you can perform is restricted to prevent griefing.
- EA is introducing a new play calling system this year. The screen is now divided up into different sections: Strategy, Community, Favorite, and Previous Play. Strategy shows you the best plays based on the current down and distance, and also shows you what the other team usually runs. Community shows you what other players have run in this situation based on information from the cloud. Favorite brings up what you've chosen in the past. Along with these play recommendations, EA gives players info such as the percentage of the time the play gains an average number of yards.
- Developer EA Tiburon admits that its man and zone coverages in previous games weren't that good, so they've redone them in Madden 15. Now the dev says that cover 2 and cover 3, for example, stop the routes they are supposed to.
- More inaccurate throws leads to more variation in receivers' catch animations, as well as those for incompletions.