11:15 AM - June 10, 2014 by Steve_OS
MyMaddenPad.com has posted a pair of articles on Madden NFL 15 discussing the defensive changes to the gameplay as well as presentation changes within Madden.
Here are some highlights:
- On the overall feel of Presentation: "The pre-game is much shorter, more authentic, no dead air, there is visual variety for everything you are hearing. You finally feel like the UI, the commentary team of Sims and Nantz, and the camera team are all in sync."
- On the coin toss: "Removed coin-toss from pre-game. You can set your strategy before the game, if you like to receive or defer."
- On in-game storylines: "Emerging stories during the game that commentators will talk about. So if Percy Harvin is having a great game with 2 kick–off returns for a TD Jim and Phil will talk about it and they will highlight and go back to those replays. So telling emerging stories with replays adds to the presentation."
- On the halftime show: "Larry talks and shows highlights of the first half by linking plays that tells how the score has been reflected. It’s more than just two clips. They also show some player stats at the bottom of the screen as well."
- On smarter crowds: "Crowd now has more logic. There is a long list of things. For example when you throw a deep bomb the crowd will start to stand up and explode when the catch is made."
- On QB Accuracy: "The defense also may seem better because of the inaccuracy of QBs but that’s on the offensive side of the ball and we’ll talk about that later."