Home
WWE 2K15 News Post


WWE 2K15 is set to release on October 28th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. For those that are curious, Seeking Alpha and GameInformer have noted Visual Concepts and Yuke's will be developing the game together.

Quote:
Wrestling fans can look forward to a new annual release from our WWE 2K franchise, which promises to take the series to new heights. This will be our first next-generation WWE 2K title and also the first in the series to leverage the development expertise of Visual Concepts, which has made NBA 2K a perennial favorite and one of our most successful franchises.

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 05/21/14 03:54 PM
Did we ever find out if Yukes is still developing? I would like to see what VC could do, but I did find 2K14 to be very much improved.
 
# 2 areobee401 @ 05/21/14 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Did we ever find out if Yukes is still developing? I would like to see what VC could do, but I did find 2K14 to be very much improved.
Almost certain VC is handling development this time around.
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 05/21/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Did we ever find out if Yukes is still developing? I would like to see what VC could do, but I did find 2K14 to be very much improved.
Visual Concepts will be aiding Yuke's.
 
# 4 CaptainZombie @ 05/21/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Almost certain VC is handling development this time around.
You sure about that? I was reading earlier that Yukes is still developing with VC heavily influencing on development.
 
# 5 eaterofworlds888 @ 05/21/14 04:19 PM
I guess this kills the speculation that it's coming out in March.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 05/21/14 04:29 PM
Updated OP to avoid any confusion.
 
# 7 areobee401 @ 05/21/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
You sure about that? I was reading earlier that Yukes is still developing with VC heavily influencing on development.
Wonderful. Yukes involvement basically knocks 2K15 off my radar.
 
# 8 PVarck31 @ 05/21/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Wonderful. Yukes involvement basically knocks 2K15 off my radar.
Did you not like 2K14? I thought it was pretty good. One of their better efforts.
 
# 9 jewelz1132 @ 05/21/14 04:38 PM
It's probably going to be the same for 360 and PS3, minus new modes.. and we'll see VC's influence mostly on next gen.

Either way, I hope Sting signs so his likeness will be in the game.
 
# 10 areobee401 @ 05/21/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Did you not like 2K14? I thought it was pretty good. One of their better efforts.
I found it to be incredibly boring. Do not enjoy how recent WWE games have played at all.
 
# 11 WTF @ 05/21/14 06:00 PM
I'm finding 2k14 semi fun, but not what I want from a wrestling game. It's still missing the"feel" that I get when I play no mercy.

That said, looking forward to it on next gen systems. I too hope Sting makes the cut. Both surfer and crow versions. I've been creating him for the past month on current gen haha.
 
# 12 PVarck31 @ 05/21/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I found it to be incredibly boring. Do not enjoy how recent WWE games have played at all.
Yeah, they do need something to liven them up. I would definitely like to see what VC can do.
 
# 13 Ermolli @ 05/21/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Am I missing something that I can't see where it's said that VC is helping Yukes? I only see them mentioned because of the writer's giving his opinion. I just want something new and different, I found the last several games stale and unexciting which I hope this game is as far from Yukes as possible.
 
# 14 JoeMimic @ 05/22/14 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Am I missing something that I can't see where it's said that VC is helping Yukes? I only see them mentioned because of the writer's giving his opinion. I just want something new and different, I found the last several games stale and unexciting which I hope this game is as far from Yukes as possible.
"On its year-end earnings call, Take-Two shared that NBA 2K developer Visual Concepts is aiding in development."

It's right in that article. Take Two themselves have said VC is aiding.
 
# 15 SmashMan @ 05/22/14 05:06 AM
The only question I have is whether or not 2K sees this as a license worth putting money into, or letting Yukes coast because the game still sells a decent amount.
 
# 16 Gronk4M13 @ 05/22/14 06:10 AM
I'm just really glad it's for Current-Gen. I don't have next-gen consoles.
 
# 17 Ermolli @ 05/22/14 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
"On its year-end earnings call, Take-Two shared that NBA 2K developer Visual Concepts is aiding in development."

It's right in that article. Take Two themselves have said VC is aiding.
Since I didn't see Yukes there I missed that, that sucks.
 
# 18 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/22/14 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm finding 2k14 semi fun, but not what I want from a wrestling game. It's still missing the"feel" that I get when I play no mercy.

That said, looking forward to it on next gen systems. I too hope Sting makes the cut. Both surfer and crow versions. I've been creating him for the past month on current gen haha.
Or the fun we use to have when we played Smackdown HCTP. Since then the WWE series has gone flat line for the most part. SD vs Raw 06 for ps2 and SD vs Raw07 for the 360 was fun. But other then that it has been just ok. Nothing fun about it.
 
# 19 jaredsmith83 @ 05/22/14 07:26 AM
If the career mode lives up to what the rumors are suggesting, I will love it. Similar to the NBA 2k, starting out low (NXT) then working up to the NXT Champion, then making the big roster and going from there. I hope that will be the route taken. My biggest concern is the commentary. Its beyond repetitive and just needs to be spiced up. I hope that they're able to have the different commentary teams for each show. Hopefully the WWE Universe mode will get some love as it was getting stale, nothing like the old GM mode of games past.
 
# 20 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/22/14 07:31 AM
Even with all the classic wrestlers they may bring in every year. The game just has been feeling boring for years now. Mainly because the limited things can do. No hotspots to pull moves off like you could in the past. No backstage fighting anymore. You can't throw people on the top of the cage like you could in SD vs Raw 07. Like there is wall there stopping you from throwing them off. The game has been so limited for so long. But I hope now those excuses of been limited is gone. Since next gen has so much memory now they can do so much. But with Yukes still at the controls and VC only as a helper. I'm kind of worried that we will get the same old game play with with just updated graphics ala 2k14. But still to early to say until we see gameplay from it.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.