Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post


Make sure you check out the MLB 14 The Show Twitch livestream with Lead A.I. Programmer Brian Ma on May 21st at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

B. Ma is the mastermind behind the pitcher vs. batter experience. FYI come early as we will only have him for 30 minutes and it will be archived.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. (Due to technical difficulties, fast forward to roughly 20:45.)

This will be fun.


Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 05/20/14 05:29 PM
Oh my.

Prepare for heads exploding.
 
# 2 Heroesandvillains @ 05/20/14 05:40 PM
Will this come with an interpreter for us folks of normal/far less than B Ma intelligence?
 
# 3 seanjeezy @ 05/20/14 06:09 PM
Will B Ma even be able to get in-depth about the system? Thought you guys were trying to keep that a secret, although with no other baseball game I guess there's no one to steal from you
 
# 4 Russell_SCEA @ 05/20/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Will B Ma even be able to get in-depth about the system? Thought you guys were trying to keep that a secret, although with no other baseball game I guess there's no one to steal from you
He's not going to give away trade secrets or his secret sauce if that's what your asking.
 
# 5 The_Balm @ 05/20/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9inchesbpel
Will the broadcast be archived or saved?
In the OP: "it will be archived".
 
# 6 thaSLAB @ 05/20/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Oh my.

Prepare for heads exploding.
First thing I said...

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro
 
# 7 nomo17k @ 05/21/14 12:56 AM
I predict about 25 mins of the 30 mins will be spent on watching the people asking about the comeback code and Brian explaining how it is not how the game works. After that, the people will come out even more firmly convinced of the code, due to the apparent head-bursting obfuscation by the developer himself.
 
# 8 HustlinOwl @ 05/21/14 01:09 AM
stream some online gameplay, so you guys can experience my frustration

http://www.twitch.tv/hustlin0wl/b/530724917
 
# 9 Russell_SCEA @ 05/21/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I predict about 25 mins of the 30 mins will be spent on watching the people asking about the comeback code and Brian explaining how it is not how the game works. After that, the people will come out even more firmly convinced of the code, due to the apparent head-bursting obfuscation by the developer himself.

Lol B Ma will only be there for 30 minutes better make them questions count.
 
# 10 nomo17k @ 05/21/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Lol B Ma will only be there for 30 minutes better make them questions count.
Yes, indeed... thanks for the opportunity Ramone. But I'm very glad people here can directly interact with him even just for 30 mins. Too bad Google Translate doesn't have "B Ma" as one of its languages available for quick translation.
 
# 11 Heroesandvillains @ 05/21/14 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Yes, indeed... thanks for the opportunity Ramone. But I'm very glad people here can directly interact with him even just for 30 mins. Too bad Google Translate doesn't have "B Ma" as one of its languages available for quick translation.
Nomo, take notes!

I'm going to need it all said back to me in lamens terms.
 
# 12 Russell_SCEA @ 05/21/14 03:19 PM
45 minutes until go time.
 
# 13 Shaffer26 @ 05/21/14 04:12 PM
It's really hard to hear them with the game sound effects on..
 
# 14 bcruise @ 05/21/14 04:51 PM
2 new things I learned from this cast:

Hot/Cold zones have no effect if the graphic is turned off (I'm pretty sure I heard that right)

Clutch ratings (hitting/pitching) have more effect in sims and not so much during actual gameplay.

Thanks guys!
 
# 15 Turbojugend @ 05/21/14 04:54 PM
Lighting in Busch may have been fixed in v1.06, pretty sure I heard that at the beginning.
 
# 16 bcruise @ 05/21/14 05:04 PM
 
# 17 Heroesandvillains @ 05/21/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
2 new things I learned from this cast:

Hot/Cold zones have no effect if the graphic is turned off (I'm pretty sure I heard that right)

Clutch ratings (hitting/pitching) have more effect in sims and not so much during actual gameplay.

Thanks guys!
This makes me wonder if I should try using the hot/cold zones. I never have. Do you Bcruise?
 
# 18 bcruise @ 05/21/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This makes me wonder if I should try using the hot/cold zones. I never have. Do you Bcruise?
Yeah, I do. Usually have em on Preview (only shows on the first pitch of an at-bat).

You play with the strike zone off though, right? I'm not sure if they show up visually before the at-bat even when the option is turned on.
 
# 19 duc748s @ 05/21/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This makes me wonder if I should try using the hot/cold zones. I never have. Do you Bcruise?

As a pitcher or hitter?


I know you ment this for bcruise... I use them as a pitcher and hitter and they are hit and miss. They are great to know where a hitter is hot while pitching but they are based on past performance. A hot zone can go cold and cold can get hot, so it's hit and miss for me. But if I see a batter that had blue on the inside portion I know I can get him inside for a SO or jammed/weak contact. Or if he is hot outside and I feel ornery I can try to get him with something trailing off the outside off the plate.

I use it mostly because there is not batter/pitcher history or batter history that shows what pitches he likes to hit and where, basically it's the next beat thing that's available that can be used for now.

Try it out on fade as it will only show for the first pitch then fade and won't show up on other pitches of the at bat.
 
# 20 Heroesandvillains @ 05/21/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I do. Usually have em on Preview (only shows on the first pitch of an at-bat).

You play with the strike zone off though, right? I'm not sure if they show up visually before the at-bat even when the option is turned on.
No. I have the zone itself on preview but I turned hot/cold zones off (I always do this).

You know what kind of "fun" H&V has on Wednesday nights? If you guessed I'll be going home and turning them back on you'd be right!

I love testing new things!
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.